Recomend Me

Benji

For some reason lately I have been looking into a lot of secondary bands. I find bands like Boxcar Racer are enough like their more famous blink-182 stars for me to enjoy them, but different enough not to be clones, as goes with the Transplants/Rancid (Yeah, Travis Barker rocks).

So I was wondering if anyone can tell me of any decent side project bands and bands have and which members they include. Cheers in advance.

Desaparecidos has Conor Oberst in it, it's good, but I'm not really into hardcore music. The Good Life is like a mellowed out Cursive, I actually prefer them to Cursive. Umm...The Postal Service is really good, it's Ben Gibbard from Death Cab for Cutie and Jimmy from Dntel (and Jenny Lewis :wub: from Rilo Kiley sings backup sometimes). That's all I can think of so far.

Brujeria, it's sort of a side-project type of thing. It's the guys from Fear Factory under masks taking on the names of Spanish/Mexican drug lords. They've broken up IIRC but you can still find their albums. They sing in spanish though, being that all of them have Spanish ancestry and shiz but are from LA.

Lard - Great industrial band, composed of Jello Biafra and the members of Ministry.

The Hanson Brothers - The Wright Brothers of Nomeansno second band. Similar to Nomeansno, excellent stuff.

D.I. - Casey Royer and Rikk Agnew formed this group after they being members of the Adolescents. Great Orange County punk band.

Catholic Discipline - Side project of Claude Bessy a.k.a. Kickboy Face, he was an editor/writer for Slash magazines in the late 70s. Craig Lee (bass player of the Bags/Alice Bag Band), and Robert Lopez (guitar player for the Zeros) eventually replaced Richard Meade as the Keyboard/Synthesizer player. The band formed because the members of these bands wanted to explore other instruments they were not accustomed to. You can also see them on the Decline of Western Civilization.

D.I. - Casey Royer and Rikk Agnew formed this group after they being members of the Adolescents. Great Orange County punk band.

That is a kickass band. From Chiva to Hang Ten in East Berlin, to their best known song, thanks to Slayer covering it, Richie Hung Himself

My favorite punk band, right after the Misfits.