Fantasy Puck?

SeanDMan

29 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

Yeah for my last pick I will gladly take a (the?) trendy sleeper pick.

Lindholm is likely to have a pretty good year. He'll either play on the first or second line in Calgary, and with the depth they have this year at forward, the top three lines should all be very productive. He had a pretty good pre-season too. Made a few mistakes I want to see him clean up, but they could all be attributed to not being super familiar with the linemates that he had.

Okay, the draft is done and saved and ready to go.

Please check your teams and make sure all is well, I have a history of being Canadian, so.

Before the league starts I want a last opinion on scoring.

Currently F/D earn 6 points for a goal, 4 for an assist, 1 for a shot on goal, 1 for winning a faceoff, 1 for a hit, and 1 for blocking a shot.
Goalies earn 6 points for a win, -1 for a goal against, and 6 points for a shutout.

In order to make roleplayers/two way guys more valuable I would like to make the non-scoring categories worth 2. So winning a faceoff, a hit, and a blocked shot would be worth 2 instead of 1. How feel you?

I also talked with damshow and we came to the conclusion that shorthanded points also deserve a buff. If we buff them by 2, it would only have lead to an extra 10 points all season for any player in the league, so I think we should do this, Still, how feel you?

The other question was goalies. I have three proposals:

The high risk, high reward. Goalie saves are buffed as they get 1 point for a save, but as a debuff, their goals against are now worth -6. This will prevent goalies from stealing entire weeks by themselves.

The straight buff. Goalie saves are buffed to 1 point. This would make goalies more valuable.

The giveth and taketh away. Goalies are given a percentage point for saves, such as .25 or .5, and this ALSO effects the shots on goal total. I felt that was a little high but not high enough to eliminate them at the beginning. I know this will hurt Alexander Ovechkin and his sixty shots per game, but it does make goalies a little more valuable.

The only things I am not interested in are powerplay points (should be expected, not explicitly rewarded), PIMs (too many stupid penalties), and plus minus (Plubby's favourite stat, which really says everything).

According to this handy chart last season goalies averaged 29 saves per game, with 2.78 goals against.  I was going to suggest .5 for saves, -1 for goals against but then I ran those numbers against those averages and if you round up that goals against average to 3, you end up with 11 points per game for the average goalie, which is also what you get from the 1 point per save, -6 for goals against setup.  So, I like that one I guess.  

I don't know about boosting face offs won to 2 points, that seems like a stat that skews heavily in favor of centers, so boosting that will just boost them and keep the gap between them and role players/two way guys the same.  Boosts for hits and blocks are fine, a lot of the guys who would benefit most from this, based on last seasons stats,  weren't drafted so its not going to have a giant impact, but should accomplish your goal.

Also I need to apologize to everyone.  When I drafted Anze Kopitar I really should have said "Don't turn around, oh oh, Anze Kopitar's in town oh oh"   I didn't, and I'm sorry.  That's on me.

Given you've promptly apologized I think we can let it slide this time.

For those proposals: 1 pt for save, -6 for goals against is a good rule. That way we don't have to go to decimal scoring for saves.

I think faceoffs should be left as is. The only way I'd say boost it to 2 is if we implemented something for faceoffs lost. Make it -1 perhaps? I don't know how that would affect scoring overall though.

Shorthanded points are so miniscule, but I definitely want them added in. 2 pts for a shorthanded pt feels low given last year the league leaders had 5 a piece. But it could be a neat bonus for anyone that has 2 players on the same penalty kill or something. If I also had Bergeron along with Marchand it could be a really great bonus to have. But that said I don't know if the bonus should be more than 2.

Looking at last year's points totals in the league and I'm trying to think of a good way to buff wingers.

Don't forget to set your lineups or there will be a lot of open ice when the season starts.

10 hours ago, JMarushin said:

Does this first week count or are we starting on Monday? @Hell, It's About Time (awesome username change lmao)

Because I need to pickup a defender but errbody is on waivers... 😕

Rasmus Dahlen got sent down so I am short one defensemen too. I think me and you are stuck a man short for week one.

2 hours ago, Hell, It's About Time said:

Rasmus Dahlen got sent down so I am short one defensemen too. I think me and you are stuck a man short for week one.

Where do you see that? I can't find any notes on that... I drafted him in another league, and the only note on his profile says he's set to play beside Jake McCabe to start the season.

17 hours ago, Maxx said:

@Hell, It's About Time what are we doing for faceoffs won?  Currently still set to 2.  WE HATES IT.  Well me and Damshow do anyways.

It's set to 1.

17 hours ago, JMarushin said:

Does this first week count or are we starting on Monday? @Hell, It's About Time (awesome username change lmao)

Because I need to pickup a defender but errbody is on waivers... :/

1 hour ago, Malenko said:

Are we playing yet? If not, when do we start?

We're live, hence my earlier post about wanting everyone to set lineups.

4 hours ago, Ruki said:

Where do you see that? I can't find any notes on that... I drafted him in another league, and the only note on his profile says he's set to play beside Jake McCabe to start the season.

So Yahoo glitched and set his projections to 0. Since everyone else still had projections (including the other Rasmus, who is injured), I assumed he'd been sent down. Yahoo restored his projections but after I'd already dropped him, so, hey, Rasmus Dahlen is available now. -_-

1 hour ago, Malenko said:

Thanks. Just checked it and man, ugly start.

I accidentally released a top defensive prospect and one of my forwards is going to miss a quarter of the season. -_-