Board Game thread

Any one here willing to sell me their Game of Thrones board game? Everyone on Amazon wants $100 for it. The one seller who had it priced at $53 just emailed me saying his last one was damaged and gave me a refund. :(

Try a site that isn't Amazon?

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/ffgva65.html (out of stock, but $40). Same deal here: http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/136820

Just look at board game shops online. THey usually have good deals (or at least free shipping)

From a random user?

I just completed all of my math trades as of yesterday. The guy went through all the pieces of the game (Shadows Over Camelot)...one of the swords was missing. That was awkward :/

The past two nights were filled with gaming!

Last night: Settlers of Catan, I won!

Tonight: Two games of Red Dragon Inn (I won once), Lifeboat (I got ganged up on), Zombie Dice (someone won with one roll), Quarriors, and Pandemic (I thought we were doing good...then we got destroyed). Good night!

Game of Thrones is fun! If you're the Starks, don't leave Winterfell open. It's too easy to sneak in via the water.

Already found that out the hard way.

Game of Thrones is fun! If you're the Starks, don't leave Winterfell open. It's too easy to sneak in via the water.

Already found that out the hard way.

I forced a friend to find that out the hard way. Twice.

....and then it happened to me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Board game convention in Henley, Stoke-on-Trent on 10th/11th August. Very much looking forward to it. I know the guy running it and numerous people going. I used to go before I went to Japan and it's been my first chance of going now for a while. It's a great couple of days and probably the least geeky of the UK games conventions.

• 2 weeks later...

Off to the convention tomorrow! Very excited. Whooooo.

I'll be picking up this:

pic1413154_md.jpg

I've been waiting to be able to get it for a year now since it came out. The designer's previous game is one I have about fashion designs and so on....

pic1055299_md.jpg

...and is great because it's a very good game wrapped up in a theme that most gamers wouldn't touch because of the theme - which is actually a plus for me because I love themes that aren't just the normal fantasy/trading etc.

Anyway, back to Robinson Crusoe. It's a co-op game for 1-4 players (whooo solo)

"Robinson Crusoe: Adventure on the Cursed Island is another epic game created by Ignacy Trzewiczek, the author of Stronghold. This time Trzewiczek takes the players to a deserted island, where they'll play the parts of shipwreck survivors confronted by an extraordinary adventure. They'll be faced with the challenges of building a shelter, finding food, fighting wild beasts, and protecting themselves from weather changes. Building walls around their homes, animal domestication, constructing weapons and tools from what they find and much more awaits them on the island. The players decide in which direction the game will unfold and – after several in-game weeks of hard work – how their settlement will look. Will they manage to discover the secret of the island in the meantime? Will they find a pirate treasure, or an abandoned village? Will they discover an underground city or a cursed temple at the bottom of a volcano? Answers to these questions lie in hundreds of event cards and hundreds of object and structure cards that can be used during the game..."

pic1652086_md.jpg

• Like 1