Board Game thread

Went to Salute at the weekend and while most of it was of the standard wargame variety with displays and retailers one game caught the eye that I thought of this place instantly.

Da Clash

Sci-fi based professional wrestling game. Looks like the default box set is mainly cardboard bases and stands but the website has a whole host of different figures and wrestlers available. I did get to play a quick preview game and it seems relatively straight forward and fun. In the process of negotiating with 'er indoors about getting hold of it!

• 3 weeks later...

Weirdly, after two initial losses, my friends and I are now finding Pandemic super-easy, trouncing it even with all six Epidemic cards and with four players.

The expansion may be required, methinks.

Or alternatively I could just order Game of Thrones: The Board Game (2nd edition) from Amazon.

And I have in fact just done that.

Will be tricky in that I have only one friend who I know is 100% guaranteed to play it with me (the one guy who I play Twilight Struggle with). I have plenty of other friends who are a) board game players and b) GoT nuts, but the trick will be preventing them from remembering how similar some of the gameplay from Diplomacy was...because they largely had bad experiences with Diplomacy (this is largely why one of said friends now believes I will actively seek to betray her in every game of any kind, which is only partly true :shifty:).

I absolutely love Game of Thrones. I have four or five people that are up for it every couple months. There was one person that was always reluctant to go for the throat, but even she's on board in the mayhem now.

Now I really want to play, but I don't think we can get everyone together until the first week of June. :/

They give new missions and characters on their website for free, if that matters to you.

http://vom-krieg.blogspot.ca/2014/03/zombiecide-initial-thoughts.html?m=1

His first play.

http://vom-krieg.blogspot.ca/2014/03/more-zombicide-or-how-we-all-got-eaten.html?m=1

And his second...

• Like 1

I picked up the Death Angel card game t'other day as I wanted a game that could be played solo, as well as co-op. It is meant to be rock hard - well let y'all know how it goes.

Game of Thrones, whoop whoop.

1554366_10154156906510383_21136150531722

(And also Ticket To Ride, because I figured it's about time I owned a copy of one. Might be a valuable option once GoT has made all my friends want to kill each other. :shifty:)

• Like 2