Board Game thread

Some guy I know online had a twitter conversation with Graham Linehan (Father Ted, Black Books, IT Crowd etc) who told him that he really wants to play Game of Thrones if there's anyone around Norwich who has it.

So there you go.

... seriously? Because we totally have Game of Thrones.

Hmm, I need to get better at Twilight Struggle. Played a game as the Soviets on Wednesday: got the VPs up to about +12 with my early game advantage and they were back down to neutral by Turn 9 which is when my opponent had to leave and we called it a draw. I was happy with this because the state of the board was such that I would have been utterly blitzed if we'd reached Final Scoring after Turn 10.

Doesn't help that I only have one guy who's ever willing to play against me... :shifty:

Geek And Sundry's streaming their TableTop Day festivities. Right now it's Felicia Day, Bobak Ferdowski, Alison Haislip and Grant Imahara playing.. some.. game.. about pandas. That I forget the name of. >_> Looks fun though.

I did Tabletop Day at my local Game Store. Only got to play one quick game of something, I forget what it was called though, was a bit like snap and surprisingly quite fun.

Also managed to pick up Marvel Legendary, so really pleased with that!

It was a very good Board Game day for me!

I got to the store around 12:30, left around 6:30. I played Smash Up (fun card game), the Penny Arcade deck builder game, two games of Dixit (I think that is what it is called), Quarriors, another deck builder, and won a copy of Zombie Dice!

Had a fantastic Tabletop day. Spent about nine straight hours in the pub playing Small World, Ticket To Ride, Lords of Waterdeep, Catan, Pandemic and some others. Also there was an insane seven player Arkham Horror game which I was fortunately not part of. Also I got really drunk. <_<

Tabletop Day was exceptional to yours truly, as I actually won a game of Munchkin! So rare that I get to taste Munchkiny victory, since most of my friends begin the dicking immediately.

Immediately drawing the Tinfoil Hat helped a bunch, too. :shifty:

Following that, I finally got a chance to watch a game of Settlers of Catan (we had five people and no expansion, so, yeah -- besides, I enjoy watching these games unfold). Methinks that goes right on the 'Gotta Get These' pile with Small World & Betrayer at the House on the Hill.

Tabletop Day was exceptional to yours truly, as I actually won a game of Munchkin! So rare that I get to taste Munchkiny victory, since most of my friends begin the dicking immediately.

Immediately drawing the Tinfoil Hat helped a bunch, too. :shifty:

Following that, I finally got a chance to watch a game of Settlers of Catan (we had five people and no expansion, so, yeah -- besides, I enjoy watching these games unfold). Methinks that goes right on the 'Gotta Get These' pile with Small World & Betrayer at the House on the Hill.

Betrayal At The House On The Hill is loads of fun!

It all comes down to the actual scenario. The last time I played it, The Betrayer was equipped with -- well, without spoiling for someone who's yet to encounter it, let's just say they were equipped with numerous minions. Of the hot variety. Betrayer focused on me, but I managed to act as enough of a decoy to let the other two fulfill the victory requirements.

Fun game, but maybe not $40 fun. Not to mention, the people I normally play board games with either a.) refuse to play unless it's a trivia game or b.) are easily confused and lose interest (seriously...the dungeon cards of Munchkin were enough to turn them off the game).