Borderlands 3

Schlitzbrille

I'd take any game footage from Gearbox with a grain of sand.  They also released Aliens: Colonial Marines which, in preview footage, showed a HELL of a of things that weren't in the final game

On 30/03/2019 at 03:53, Lint said:

I'd take any game footage from Gearbox with a grain of sand.  They also released Aliens: Colonial Marines which, in preview footage, showed a HELL of a of things that weren't in the final game

Are you just quoting yourself from before Borderlands originally came out?   3 successful, well received games in the series should probably put this dated concern to bed.

• 1 month later...

I'm sure I'll adjust to it in time, but I really don't like the new Claptrap voice at the moment. Nothing to do with the contraversy behind it, changes happen, I get that, but I don't like the performance in comparison to the old one. It feels a bit like when Pirates of the Caribbean 2 came out and instead of feeling like Johnny Depp playing "Jack Sparrow as Keith Richards" to a regular script, it felt like someone wrote Jack Sparrow from the start and just feels unnatural. Hoping my opinion changes in time.

The guy who voiced Claptrap (David Eddings) was a VP in the company, so he just did it.. to do it really. He left and they asked him back for Borderlands 3 so he rather rightfully asked to be paid. Colossal asswipe Randy Pitchford claimed that they had offered Eddings 2x union rates, but refused to do it because he was bitter about being fired. Eddings came back at him saying that he offered to do it for free if he were paid royalties and an apology for Randy assaulting him at a hotel at GDC 2017. He also talked about Pitchford stalking him on social media and calling people muggles along with stuff like taking a 12 million dollar bonus that other employees didn't know about, etc.

This is also in turn with Pitchford claiming that Troy Baker turned down a role - but Troy stated that he would love to come back, but he was replaced. Which is like.. the second time in the last year that's oddly happened? Weird shit fallout is still going on over the 2017 voice actor strike and... blah, fuck it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 9 to 5 said:

I know it is hardly a problem with just this game but I do find it disappointing that the DLC details are coming out side by side with the main game from my limited exposure of it.

Pretty common for Borderlands to have DLC. They're more like expansion packs, not just a random DLC. Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon's Keep is amongst the best DLC around.

11 minutes ago, Benji said:

Pretty common for Borderlands to have DLC. They're more like expansion packs, not just a random DLC. Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon's Keep is amongst the best DLC around.

Campaign of Carnage for me. 

• Like 1

It's not so much that a game has DLC that's a problem, it's more games announcing and talking about it DLC even before the base game has come out. But it is hardly just a Borderlands thing.