WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2009

Vilge Duin

Only CAW I've created so far is myself. I don't feel like having to take all my CAWs through career mode just to make them any sort of threat to the regular roster. I likely won't create any until the planned patch comes out that just lets you assign attribute points as you see fit provided you've completed the career mode once. Hopefully it'll allow you to assign abilities as well, as I can't stand having to spend ages battering people with weapons just to get the Object ability, or leaping off the turnbuckle to get Outside Dives, while making sure I don't fight anyone with Possum Pin, in case I accidentaly unlock that for my CAW. Hopefully this patch will be released around Christmas with the DLC.

Plus, I don't want to create any WWE guys like I usually do, as they'll likely just be available as DLC at some point in the future.

It seriously irritates me that they took out the standing Sweet Chin Music. I've rejigged HBK's moveset, but he still can't hit his finisher out of nowhere, which is sort of the point of the SCM anyway. I mean, at least you can alter Orton's moveset to get the regular RKO if you want it, but no such luck for HBK.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually when you think about it, in a big match, how often does he actually hit it out of the corner? More often than not if it's a match-ender, he'll hit it out of nowhere.

That's what I mean. It seems daft. I could replace it with the Superkick, but it doesn't look like how he does it at all. You can create the SCM in create a finisher, but it's got to have a strike BEFORE you hit the kick, which again takes away the whole point of the move.

On a side note, I LOVE the new animation for HBK's flying elbow drop. There's some really nice animated moves this game, Kane's chokeslam is another good one.

Has anyone here BEATEN Cena in a 1 vs 1 on Legend difficulty? I swear to God, he's invincible, and I love it. Beating Cena is now something I try every time I put the game on. No luck with Rey, Edge or Orton so far. I can suffer being smashed into the ground by an F-U and beaten within 5 minutes every time, because I know when I beat the bastard it's going to feel very good.

I'm usually with Zero on the Smackdown series, we have many of the same gripes like alternate attires and whatnot, and I'm siding with him again. In terms of gameplay, this year's edition really stands out, it's certainly the most playable since the VS RAW rebranding for me. Dumping the fight-style-specific moves from last year has only helped the flow of the game and I actually feel I know what I'm doing now, rather than battling to do a specific move before finding out I have the wrong style selected. The major task ahead of them is expanding on the story mode, which has gotten better, but still has a long way to go to be properly captivating. The surplus stuff like the highlight reel need to be tweaked (record matches like Halo, let you mix highlights from different matches etc.) or just dropped.

I'm usually with Zero on the Smackdown series, we have many of the same gripes like alternate attires and whatnot, and I'm siding with him again. In terms of gameplay, this year's edition really stands out, it's certainly the most playable since the VS RAW rebranding for me. Dumping the fight-style-specific moves from last year has only helped the flow of the game and I actually feel I know what I'm doing now, rather than battling to do a specific move before finding out I have the wrong style selected. The major task ahead of them is expanding on the story mode, which has gotten better, but still has a long way to go to be properly captivating. The surplus stuff like the highlight reel need to be tweaked (record matches like Halo, let you mix highlights from different matches etc.) or just dropped.

My only issue with the gameplay now is lack of variety. They need to stop dropping moves and need to start adding in more Ultimate Control grapples. If you're going to make the UC moves take up half of someone's grapple moveset, I need something more than swinging neckbreaker, Samoan drop, DDT and powerbomb.

I'm getting really sick of the on-screen displays on the Wii version and how completely arbitrary they are...it says to swing up, I do that and it tells me I've swung down or sideways, so the move's not as powerful as it should be. Balls to it. Also, Cena's acting in RTWM is hilarious. "I need some help right nooooowwwww. Get a doctorrrrr."

Punk's involved too much match repetition, in my opinion.

Also, I've no idea how to change which opponent I'm looking at in this game. Kind of ruins it a little in multi-man matches.

Punk's involved too much match repetition, in my opinion.

Also, I've no idea how to change which opponent I'm looking at in this game. Kind of ruins it a little in multi-man matches.

Yeah, it changes automatically, which kinda blows, IMO. At least up until... 2007, I think it was, you could change it manually, in 2008 and 2009 it's automatic (N)

Bollocks...I was under the impression it was either something I'd not figured out or another failing of the Wii version...how the hell am I meant to successfully make MVP bleed when I can only target Snitsky? :(

I hate Snitsky in this game, in the Jericho storyline I let Hardy tag in to the match so I could destroy Finlay on the outside, I put the Walls on Jericho on Finlay and Snitsky hits Hardy with some power moves and pins him instantly.

Then he destroyed me later on as well.

Bollocks...I was under the impression it was either something I'd not figured out or another failing of the Wii version...how the hell am I meant to successfully make MVP bleed when I can only target Snitsky? :(

The targeting's pretty easy once you get used to it. Just run up to MVP and it should target him and if it's like my game, Jeff will go after Snitsky once you've targeted MVP to keep him out of the way.