The Inbetweeners series 3

KoA

...I thought it was a bit rubbish. Which upsets me.

It's always been cringe-humour, but there was very little in the way of stuff that was actually funny (telling someone to fuck off or similar isn't really that funny) and the cringey moments are so overly done now it's ridiculous (it's so over the top, I honestly can't think of what else they can do now :/). Plus there's been zero development at all since the show started, just apparently some time's passed.

I liked;

a) The curtain bit

b) There was one, one liner that made me laugh a bit...can't remember it though

That's it. It always happens with these programs that are 'relatable' comedy, that after the while the characters and situations become caricatures. This can either be where they jump the shark (the middle seasons of "Friends" are terrible IMO) or where the writing embraces it fully and it gets even better ("Peep Show" Season 4). There are ways around this, changing the dynamic of programs ("Teachers" and its revolving cast, Alan Partridge's changing of living situation etc.) but since "The Inbetweeners" started, nothing has changed. And the writing nor acting is as good as "Peep Show", to get through this.

Fuck I've waffled too much and my point doesn't make much sense, and I can't be arsed to sort it out.

Fuck it...I just didn't find it funny. The worst episode there's been. Hopefully it's just a slow start (the S2 opener was the best episode the show's had though). :(

Plus, it's gotten to the point (it's been like this for a while though) that the 'concept' of the show is totally out of the window;

The term "inbetweeners" refers to Will and his three classmates (Simon, Neil and Jay) being neither part of the school's trendy "in-crowd" nor school "nerds", but somewhere inconsequentially "inbetween".

...yeah, if these had been at my college, the shit they've done they'd be the biggest fucking losers imaginable.

Oh, the band Failsafe are in the episode next week...lol. They're wank...and the bassist once stole my wall leaning standing spot at A Wilhelm Scream...fuck them. :shifty:

Edited by YI

I loved the guy in the wheelchair attacking him, was in stitches at that one. And the line of "I'll show you there's nothing funny about testicles.. in my office.." was brilliant as well.

Pretty harmless fun to watch on a Monday night when I'm in I guess.

Yeah, that was the 'one-liner' that cracked me up. "That's a bit weird", "...no it's not".