Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

On 3/9/2016 at 04:38, Ruki said:

I picked up Punch Club...it's.....ok. Seems more like a cellphone game. Gonna try and get a refund (the help site says I've played 2 hours, but my client says 111 minutes...)

It's weird. Like, I've played probably about 15 hours of it, and I can't really explain why. It's a bad game, you won't miss out by not continuing.

Edited by Robsturgh

6 hours ago, Rocky said:

I have a key for This War of Mine from the Humble Monthly Pre-order. Just post here if you want it. First in, first served, I guess.

I'd like it, if it's not taken yet :)

Also: seriously, Stardew Valley. SO. FUCKING. GOOD

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RPS said:

What are some good local coop games for Steam? 

Towefall Ascension if you want some quick competitive games.  Nidhogg, as well.  The Jacobox Party Pack is a great trivia/comedy game for a ton of people.  Cloudberry Kingdom if you want to scream for an entirely different reason than Towerfall.  Rocket League & Speedrunners for some more competitive fun.

For actual cooperative games, it gets a little trickier.  L4D1 & 2, 7 Days to Die, Borderlands, Castle Crashers, Battleblock Theater, Guacamelee, Portal 2, and Payday 1/2 are the ones off my games list.  Battleblock is hugely fun if you want a puzzler with some crass humor.

• Like 2

I'd prefer cooperative, as my husband isn't very good at video games and it isn't fun just to beat him in every game, lol. 

• Like 1

Goat Simulator has local coop and its so stupid its fun. As Midget said Castle Crashers and Battleblock are good shouts.

Hell, get a SNES emulator and go old school.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RPS said:

What are some good local coop games for Steam? 

Sonic All Stars racing transformed is really really good. Like Mario Kart good. It's obviously not co-op but does have rubber banding like MK and the learning curve isn't massive. 

Rayman is fun and co-op but can be difficult if you aren't good at platformers (we argue a lot playing it to the point where we gave up).

Mount your Friends is fun, provided you're familiar with the face buttons on a controller (knowing which button each is without looking) then you don't really have a natural advantage over anyone else (isn't co-op). It isn't going to blow you away but is super fun for a game now and then.

Torchlight 2 is really fun in co-op (if you like Diablo style games) but it isn't local co-op so you need 2 computers. The required specs aren't massive though, my bf played on his laptop whilst I'd play on the PC.

Most of the games on Jackbox 1&2 are 3+ players from memory and are definitely better the more you have playing.

I haven't played it but Lovers in a Dangerous Space Time is often touted as one of the very best local co-op games. 

33 minutes ago, Quom said:

Mount your Friends is fun, provided you're familiar with the face buttons on a controller (knowing which button each is without looking) then you don't really have a natural advantage over anyone else (isn't co-op). It isn't going to blow you away but is super fun for a game now and then

Plus the dong physics are funny. :pervert:

• Like 1

My brother and sister-in-law want us to bring it over to their house after we explained it to them. More games need to be like this and do something different and fun. 

@RPS Trials HD is a helluva lot of fun. But it gets ludicrously hard. The Stanley Parable isn't multiplayer but it could be fun. Maybe you could have a look at some of the old school side scrolling shoot em ups? Metal Slug etc.