The Xbox One Thread

Dan

Made it to Nice in FH2, found a gifted Viper in my garage, painted it blue, added a stripe and slapped my thrown together '23' logo on there. Then I proceeded to mess about with the photo mode, first in front of a Ferris wheel and then when I found Hughes' driveatar out in the wild.

oAfTepG.jpg

VNAO3da.jpg

Is that anything like burnout paradise? Like I know the mechanics are different but driving games that are just race after race bore me after a while.

Also is the new borderlands absolutely definitely not coming to the Xbone?

I dunno about definitely not but at first, no. You'd figure it'll get some sort of re-mastered edition at some point.

And since I'm not overly far into 2 yet and don't know if it suddenly brings in loads of new stuff (guessing it doesn't though), going by Horizon 1 you can argue it has less variation than BP since that had stuff like the stunt runs, marked man, the takedown events, crash time etc etc. Things are more grounded in Forza, both in keeping things simple in either time trials, lap or point-to-point races, and in that whilst you can inadvertently take to the air, you're not going to be barrel rolling and doing 720 flat spins whilst you do.

Download is 17.5gb BTW, plus there's some free DLC available too which I think adds some more maps, characters, items, achievements etc.

Also, apparently the October update is being rolled out now, the one that adds a bit more to the snap, more media comparability etc.

I got this game when it first came out thanks to the 100% extra trade in Best Buy had going on a while back. Enjoy the hell out of it. Just got rid of it to get Alien and already started missing it, so seeing it on Access was a hell of a good surprise!

Boomerang are sending me NHL 15. Something I was never going to buy with all the missing modes but should be fun to mess around on for a month or so. I'm going to send UFC back today too so hopefully I can get NBA or The Evil Within off them.

Is the DLC just a part of the download on the digital version or something? I couldn't find it seperately but I was unlocking achievements related to the DLC so I guess I had it?

I like how PvZ: GW falls into the same trap of having people playing healers and refusing to heal you. Why'd you pick that class?

Also: Halo: MCC to have 20gb day one update.

From the start, our philosophy has been to give Halo fans the best possible experience and not compromise the quality or features of the collection. The result is that Halo: The Master Chief Collection will take up almost all of the usable space of a single Blu-ray (45 GB), and we will also issue a content update at launch that is estimated to be 20 GB. You'll be able to start playing Campaign and more as the content is installing, with some features and multiplayer content being added via the update. Yes, the update is large, but we weren't about to cut corners to save disc space. This ensures that you are getting every bit of Halo goodness we can fit in. Our work is not done, however, as we continue to tune, tweak and optimize the online experience to ensure a smooth multiplayer launch. This will continue right up until launch day.

tumblr_kugf95XVXN1qzvqipo1_500.jpg

If you're going digital you can pre-load the game and the patch ahead of time but if you're going retail, no dice.