The Xbox One Thread

Dan

WELP

15273948216_166fbaeeaa.jpg

Traded in about 20-22 games (the receipt is like 6 feet long) which netted me like £170 or so after they took a slice to repair discs. Coupled with the £82 I had on my account already, walked away with the One, Destiny and an IOU for the Halo collection for only £95. Stuck an extra £20 MS credit on top to get Access too.

So...yeah. I'm sorry, Maxx, Niner, LL...but if you side with Ruki then there's only gonna be One outcome.

• Like 3

Bloody hell this hard drive is loud and scratchy ain't it?

Anything I should know as a newcomer to the system? I see there's about half a million of these new gamerpics to choose from, wish there was a way to get a higher res version of my old Angelina Jolie gamerpic on. :(

Ha! There I was thinking "Now to get all my Games with Gold games onto here. That'll be annoying to have to find them on the website and add them to my queue." Then I go look under games on the One and I see they're all listed under 'Ready to install'. That's awesome.

Yeah, Rich Uncle Google alerted me to this and people having similar woes. I put Destiny in and let it install and the noise goes away, replaced with a more conventional fan noise. But just sat idle on the dash and it goes nuts, put a Youtube vid on at normal volume whilst it's on and it doesn't even get drowned out.

Got someone from MS on webchat now, GAME shuts at half 5 so fingers crossed I'll be able to get back up there and switch it.

They should call this console the Xbox Two because that's how many Ellis had to buy LOLOLOL.

But, yeah. Guy in the shop initially thought I meant the disc drive when I mentioned the grindy/scratchy noise, had to take it backstage to check himself and then ring someone to push through a replacement. From what he was saying, apparently launch systems had more of a grindy disc issue whereas these Kinect-less ones seem to have this fan issue, something about the system trying to look for the Kinect but since it's not there, it goes a little loopy. Matches up with something I read online about someone having the same problem, buying a second hand Kinect and then the problem went away. I mean, I know they're all for pushing this newer Kinect but having it throw a wobbler because you bought one without it's deformed, conjoined, Basketcase twin is a bit harsh. :shifty:

Second system is setting up now. I mean, I kinda like unboxing and setting up electronics like this but if it gets to be a third time then the novelty will have worn off. No irregular noise yet though so touch wood. I did notice a few things were different in this package though, like the plug and some trivial things like the tape they used to bag up the power cables. Makes me think this is from a different, hopefully unaffected, batch.

• Like 1

Ollie shot us because he thought we were zombies, he slaughtered our horses on Red Dead...what is he planning to do to us on the One?!

FFS, you can't use MS credit to pay for Access? *Smashes Xbox Two*