Football Manager 2015

Dan

Hm, in my games AVB tends to end up in one of the Manchester jobs and sit there forever (currently in his 5th year at United, with one Premier League and two FA Cups to his name).

Roberto Mancini took over England from Hogdson in 2016 and is still going strong seven years later. Well, I say 'strong'... Reached the WC FInal in 2018 but didn't qualify for Euro 2020 at all - and that's the expanded 24 team Euros! Not entirely sure how he survived that.

After having unsuccessful interviews at Ipswich and Blackburn, landed a job at Leicester in the middle of November, who were sitting 21st in the Championship. They have a wage big of about £475,000, which is quite a bit above a lot of other team, and the squad really isn't in the worst shape.

Danny Drinkwater is excellent, worth near 9 mil, and was the only player playing will. Still have Mahrez as well. The squad's got a nice mix of youth and age, with a 33 year old Robert Soldado leading the line. Before I came in, he had 5 in 13 games. He's now scored 5 in 5.

Haven't had the hardest set of fixtures, but won 4 out of my first 5 games, leaving us in 14th, 7 points off play-offs. Hoping to strengthen in the January transfer window, as the squad needs a bit of a re jig. Also have an out of form Papiss Cisse, who has been limited to sub appearances, but yet to score a goal for me.

I'm hoping we can hold onto Drinkwater, and maybe push for 6th place. The top two is already well out of reach, but I'd settle for a good end to the season and a chance to actually build the squad.

But yeah, crazy how much that Tunisia job did for me. Struggled to get a look in the Jupiler League before this. Was being offered League 1 jobs, but felt I had a shot at Championship, which has kind of worked out.

• Like 1

That feeling when you've been on a seven match undefeated streak (all but one was a win), had multiple goals of the week, and yet still not one of your players is in the team of the week for the last month.

Fuck you, Brazilian third division :@

Oh, and also, I started a new career came and went to Sao Caetano with the intention of taking them to the top league.

Taken us from a mediocre fourth with a poor team, to a relatively decent team in 2nd in an eight game undefeated streak (including wins over the teams that were, at the time, third and second). Up next - TOP OF THE TABLE CLASH!

EDIT: Crashing to reality with a 3-0 loss :shifty:

One of my latest youth team recruits, a 16 year old CB from Radcliffe called Ryan Hughes. He has one star potential at Southampton but god damnit I'm making him captainlegendiconstar.

• Like 2

I had a potential world-class winger/AMC in my game at Chelsea, he had incredible stats at 16 only problem was he couldn't play 3 games in a row without picking up an injury which would keep him out for 2-3 weeks.

I loaned him out to a few Championship clubs and as a teenager he was awesome, but the injuries completely ruined his development. Without the injuries, he would have been up there with the likes of Neymar and Messi.

In 6 years with Forest, the highest youth candidate I've gotten is 2.5 star potential.

I have the highest level of facilities etc that you can get, and a great head of youth development, just don't seem to get any good ones through.

I have a right back come up through my ranks and now at 22 is in the England squad. I think it is alot to do with luck, and, to buy in alot of youth prospects from other clubs and let them develop in your great system. That is how I have other good youth players in my first team now, but only one was recruited locally.

I have a grand total of one Englishman in my squad, Diego Poyet. Plus Jack Grealish, who is Irish. Otherwise it's all Europeans/South Americans.

It's too expensive to sign English players, even the youngsters, and I can't seem to bring through any of my own.

In 6 years with Forest, the highest youth candidate I've gotten is 2.5 star potential.

I have the highest level of facilities etc that you can get, and a great head of youth development, just don't seem to get any good ones through.

I tend to get a decent 3*+ player every couple of seasons, but for the amount of investment made into the youth system and staff, I feel like you should get more through. These days I abandon the youth and just steal the ones ditched by bigger clubs when they're released.

• Like 1

I've noticed my scouts don't tend to find players under the age of 17. Is this by design? I guess it makes sense, since they wouldn't really see them play too much at that age. I just remember on previous FMs that they always came back with 14,15,16 year olds.

I've noticed my scouts don't tend to find players under the age of 17. Is this by design? I guess it makes sense, since they wouldn't really see them play too much at that age. I just remember on previous FMs that they always came back with 14,15,16 year olds.

14 year olds are practically non-existent, and 15 year olds are very rare in FM15.

Aside from that, I tend to find plenty of 16-17 year olds through my scouts. Maybe it's the way you have them set up. I have an army of scouts, and since i'm Forest I have individual scouts on ongoing scouting assignments in England/Ireland/Scotland/Wales to find players. At the start they find older players, but after they've exhausted that they will find young kids very quickly.

You can also of course put a scout on assignment in any given country and give him specific orders to only scout players younger than a certain age. So you could always send someone to only find players younger than 17, but he might end up in cuffs that way too...

Genuinely worried our time in the Prem is up.

17th after 33 games, but we can't pull away from the bottom three. I'm getting that sinking feeling.

Stoke, Man City, Everton, Arsenal, Ipswich. Not the easiest of run ins when I need points.

Interestingly, just noticed when I go to give a scout an assignment the minimum level you can search for Current Ability is half a star. Wondering if that's why scouts don't find some of the younger players? Often times their CA is in silver stars.

Edit - Also, apparently I can't scout "English Under 18s" under competitions. As in, it doesn't show as an option. Anyone come across that before?

Interestingly, just noticed when I go to give a scout an assignment the minimum level you can search for Current Ability is half a star. Wondering if that's why scouts don't find some of the younger players? Often times their CA is in silver stars.

Edit - Also, apparently I can't scout "English Under 18s" under competitions. As in, it doesn't show as an option. Anyone come across that before?

Half a star scouting often means every player so that shouldn't be a problem for you.

Secondly, you're better off scouting England and then ordering your scout to only focus on u19/u21 and then sending him on his job. It's more engrossing than just competitions since he'll seek out the players that might slip through the cracks.