Football Manager 2015

Dan

I have the same issues with my own game really.

Went to Denmark, turned an amateur side into nation-beaters, finished my first season in Danish top flight in second place. Left for Forest, and the new manager decided to do away with all decently talented players, sign a bunch of old losers, and rush right back down to the lower leagues. :(

Losing half a match's play (and diary write-up) when my laptop overheats and switches off is always annoying. When I'm 4-0 up in a semi final 2nd leg, it's positively criminal. :crying:

3-0 down to Ajax in a game that if it was completed they'd go top, however, my laptop overheating is a godsend.

That old chestnut...;.

So I've finally bit the bullet and started my unemployed game and created my diary in the cube for it. I have no players who aren't greyed out :(

Edited by DavidMarrio
  • Like 3

Losing half a match's play (and diary write-up) when my laptop overheats and switches off is always annoying. When I'm 4-0 up in a semi final 2nd leg, it's positively criminal. :crying:

That reminds me of my FM 2012 Leicester save where I was in the Euro contender places and came up against someone for the bottom spot of it, I had a 2-0 lead and my game crashed. Restarted and not only did I lose 0-1, but my two best strikers got injured by wild tackles too. Bastards.

Started a game with Brentford now that I'm finished exams and it's guilt free! Interesting and pretty strong squad. Only have to get a midtable finish but I'm confident of doing more with what I've got. Jota in particular is quality and is going to destroy the Championship.

Already having fun, stuffed Charlton 4-0 in my first game!

In late Jan. Sat in 18th. Touching distance of safety. In the Carling Cup final and fifth round of the Fa Cup.

Got decent strike options but not taking our chances is hurting.

Switched from 433 to a 352 with wingbacks. Got decent wingers but we weren't picking up any points. Doing better after the change.

• Like 1

In late Jan. Sat in 18th. Touching distance of safety. In the Carling Cup final and fifth round of the Fa Cup.

Got decent strike options but not taking our chances is hurting.

Switched from 433 to a 352 with wingbacks. Got decent wingers but we weren't picking up any points. Doing better after the change.

You can do it!!!

• Like 2

So, Winter break just came around and I signed an Irish goalie on a free who looks to become a top class goalkeeper in a few seasons.

Problem is, I have two other young goalies who are also looking to become top class.

So with 3 goalies of 22, 22, and 21 I have to make a few decisions of who I will keep around and who I let go, or at least loan out.

Derek Mulcahy - 21 years old, signed over from Shamrock Rovers where he was in a class of his own. Had already been starting for them since he was 17. Great mentals, good physicals, and good goalie skills. Pretty much destined to be my #1 guy among the sticks regardless of the two current goalies.

dOShIuW.png

Tom Firth - 22 year old goalie, for lack of a better term he's been my main goalie during the first half of the season. Communicator type of goalie who has good qualities, but also lacks quite a few skills to make him a top goalie right now. He's still doing great in the league with his rating, despite being rotated 1 for 1 with the next guy...

CV01FIm.png

Ritchie Parry - 22 year old goalie, according to my coaches he's the lesser of Firth, but hasn't failed to impress either. He's been getting an equal share of games as Firth, and despite conceding a bit more he's no slouch at all. Opposite style as Firth, a jumpy goalie who can get to many shots.

GxQWORP.png

All three goalies I got on free's in the past season since I started at Forest. Firth is a former Arsenal product whilst Parry is a former Fulham product. All three have real skill to become good to great goalies in their own rights. And whilst Mulcahy will be my bonafide number 1 by way of skill and experience, I still need to decide who is better off as my number two and which guy I am best to sell on or loan away.

Suggestions are more than welcome.

I would say go for the Irish guy for because obviously!

But unless he's leagues ahead I'd rule him out because he won't be homegrown. That might by be an issue for your squad but it has been for me before a few seasons in.

Also anybody know if you can turn off the option for in-app-purchases, lacking for a better word, in FM Classic? I'm liking how streamlined it is but seeing purchase 'dodgy lasagne' in the corner is a but off putting, immersion wise!

:(

Everton lost 5 - 4 to fucking Brighton, and we lost 3 - 0 to Arsenal. Meaning I can't catch Brighton and we're relegated after the penultimate game of the season. Fucking gutted. If Brighton had drawn or lost I know we could have saved ourselves on the last day of the season.

2015-05-09_00001_zpsggcwiick.jpg

:)

That was tense! Liverpool wouldn't go away and we lost away at Stoke, in our penultimate game of the season, to take it to the last day. Sailed through in the end, winning 5-1 at home to West Ham. Good job we did as well, because Derby rolled over and got spanked by Liverpool.

Incidentally, Balotelli scored 46 goals for Liverpool in the league this season. Can't hit a barn door for my Italy side.

Just the Champions League to go and then I may start looking elsewhere!

• Like 1