2017 MLB Thread

Meacon Keaton

As a former umpire, I have absolutely no issue with a guy who comes off the base while being tagged as out. That's the point of bases. You start cutting corners and allowing guys to pop off the base and then you're opening a huge can of worms. You come off the bag, and the ball is tagging you, you're out. It's not a "cheap out". That's baseball. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, JPanare89 said:

I can't stand these replays where a guy is clearly safe, but his hand or foot comes off the base for a split second and he's then called out.  It just seems like such a cheap out based only off technicality, not common sense whatsoever.

I wish MLB would come up with a change of that replay rule, but I don't know how they can do it without leaving it vague.  At least here it's not vague...it's just stupid.

It wasn't bad call at all, and there is absolutely no reason to change the rule. It doesn't matter if he was off the base for a split second or thirty seconds. He was out. There's no possible logical scenario in that situation where he wouldn't be out, shy of the fielder dropping the ball while trying to apply the tag. 

18 hours ago, damshow said:

It was to promote the ASG that they were hosting. It's amazing because it was such a good look and felt original where blue and white just feels like any old baseball team.

Hey!

Honestly, they have the same issue that the Chargers did, in that their main rivals all have more heated rivalries, and no one gives a shit about them.

12 hours ago, Your Cloud And Mine said:

Holy fuck what a stressful game. Bring on the NLCS, bring on another Series. 😎

You win one and act like this? Bad as Boston fans...

It's tiiiiiiiiiiiime for Dodger basebaaaaaall...

I'm going to be for whichever NL team is in the WS, regardless. But....every time the Yankees win a postseason series, God kills a dozen kittens. (He kills 3 dozen when they even make it to the postseason.) So hope the Astros knock them off, but a sweep is too much to hope for.

I like the Cubs, and my parents are both Dodgers fans. 

Edited by GhostMachine

OH HELL NO! I'm a Red Sox fan. 

I'm mainly a Cincinnati Reds fan, though. Have been since I was a kid, but I'm also a Red Sox and Cubs fan. Grew up watching Harry Caray call games on WGN on cable, before the Red and Cubs were in the same division. Would love to go to a Cubs or Red Sox home game. I've been to see the Reds twice; once in Atlanta vs. the Braves, and once at home in the old Riverfront Stadium.