March Madness 2017

36 minutes ago, Busch Hernandez said:

The last three years, I've been able to have two games on at work, one on each monitor.  Now some stupid upgrade they made actually made it so that the CBS site didn't work in the office.  Fuckers.

They were literally just talking on the radio this morning about how a lot of businesses have caught on to people doing that during March Madness, and have added blockers to prevent it from continuing. So it doesn't sound like you're the only one getting jobbed out at your job.

I'm 14/16 now. I had Minnesota over Middle Tennessee and Maryland over Xavier. Hoping Arkansas beats Seton Hall today, but I'm not holding my breath - last I checked, Seton Hall were the favorites by a fairly wide margin.

46 minutes ago, DMN said:

So, as the unicorn that is a primarily UCLA football fan, what are the chances of the Bruins advancing deep into the tournament?

Good, I'd reckon. Lonzo Ball will have to carry a lot of the weight but they are capable of making the final four. I have them going all the way to the final.

On 17/03/2017 at 09:16, Meacon said:

If you can make it through the first round before shitting the bed, then you've got a damn good bracket. I think the last few years I've tossed my bracket out the window on the first Thursday.

That was in reference to Maryland whom of course went and shat the bed on me. 

Now it's time to do the only honourable Australian thing and jump on the St. Mary's bandwagon. 

30 minutes ago, Busch Hernandez said:

The UConn women have been installed as -400 favorites to win their fifth straight tourney.  Somehow those odds are even lower than what I expected.

I never want to meet the guy that decides "Yes, I'll put money on a non-UConn women's team to win it all this year."

• Like 1