WWE 2K18

Kyle

When this game gets it right... it’s really good. I had a hell of an Ironman match between Nakamura and Styles for the WWE title in the WrestleMania 33 stadium. As far as I know, this is the first game in awhile to have the 60 minute stipulation for that mode, right? I remember the last few only went up to 30 minutes.

Anyway... wow, that was a fun match. Very little repeating of moves, the character models actually appear to be physically exhausted and move animations change depending how how long the match goes and their level of strength at the time. It’s pretty awesome. Styles’ face was a bloody mess from getting busted open from a chair shot around the 20 minute mark (No DQ/count out rules). I didn’t spam weapon shots because I wanted a relatively clean match.

Ended up losing (as Nakamura), the score was 8 to 10. I’m not even mad, that was a very satisfying match.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Apsham said:

Just had a 30 minute back and forth match with my girlfriend playing as The Miz versus her as AJ Styles - we've been playing through the Universe mode together and it's been crazy fun just watching the matches come up and choosing who to play as, etc

My girlfriend and I are doing something similar. We're doing a 205 Live Universe and used a random number generator to choose one guy each. She wanted Gargano, so of course she got Ciampa and I got Gargano.

Found a deal of the deluxe edition for 28 euro's for a steam key. So i splurged.

It's a damn stunning game to watch, the entrances, lighting and effects at times are as uncanny as could be.

Also the customisation seems very robust. Sadly i have zero skill or patience to make anything that isnt completely generic...

Also a shame creations arent cross-platform, but the pc does have some decent content already.

Took nerf idea, and am going to look into making specific brands like all womens. Also happy to see you can make custom women's titles like a tag belt.

I've barely had any glitches. Which is par the course for me with these games - everyone is having crazy ass glitches, I barely have any at all. It's weird.

Anyone know what hashtag I should search with to get original CAWs and not people on the indie scene and shit? My high school gym promotion needs more original wrestlers.

Just finished a ridiculously fun Elimination Chamber for the United States champion. I played as Neville against champ AJ Styles, Daniel Bryan, Christian, Big Show, and Tatanka. Started against Bryan and it was very back and forth. Tatanka and Styles came in and I kind of hid while Styles got double teamed until Christian came in and kicked my ass and I came close to being pinned a few times. Big Show comes in and pins Styles after taking advantage of him right after he was hit with Bryan's knee. I stayed away again until Show eliminated Christian and wound up eliminating Tatanka with Neville's superplex. Shortly after Bryan makes Show tap. And I had a finisher saved so took Bryan out with the Red Arrow. 

So far my favorite match I've done in the Universe. Also I've noticed you don' get the "win as..." trophies in Universe. Natural Disasters beat Sanity the first NXT PPV and have been undefeated for like 8 months now.  

Did have another fun moment when I cashed in Bret Hart's MITB on Corbin and thanks largely to how much I suck at the submission game had him in the Sharpshooter for probably like 45 seconds before finally getting him. 

10 hours ago, tristy said:

I've barely had any glitches. Which is par the course for me with these games - everyone is having crazy ass glitches, I barely have any at all. It's weird.

Anyone know what hashtag I should search with to get original CAWs and not people on the indie scene and shit? My high school gym promotion needs more original wrestlers.

I could put some of mine for up upload. I also run a high school gym promotion. Mind you, they’re not very awesomely detailed.