WWE 2K18

Kyle

• Found some good sliders from Reddit, only thing I changed are reversal prompts and the HUD because otherwise, for me, it's just a total squash and I like knowing when I have a Signature or Finisher stored. It makes for a fun Rumble, too - I was Braun Strowman after my original choice, Sami Zayn, was eliminated by Cena and I went on a killing spree as Braun. Eliminated like 6 people before an insanely overpowered Jinder Mahal eliminated me and then went on his own spree. In the end, it was down to Corbin (me) and Kofi Kingston and Big E as the final three. Which was actually pretty fun and the final two (Corbin & Kofi) lasted about 15-20 minutes before fucking Kofi won. I shit you not, every time I get this game and I do a Rumble as one of my first matches, Kofi ends up winning somehow. So I'm retconning that in my head to Corbin winning, and I'll do Corbin/Styles at WM.

• Ran an 8 man RAW tournament for the #1 contender, and of course Reigns wins the whole thing - THANKS TO GOLDUST. It was Braun/Reigns as the final, and not even 5 minutes into the match Goldust comes out and attacks Reigns. Motherfucker. I forgot I had put the interference slider up to 100% for exhibition matches and Universe Mode. Looks like I'll be doing Braun/Reigns/Lesnar.

• By the way, career mode - once you get to the main roster, do you HAVE to do the challenges that are given to you? Triple H told me to lay down for Mark Henry, and the agent in gorilla told me to do a 3 star match as well, and I got the 3 star match but I ended up beating Henry because why not. Then it made me start the match over. That's pretty fuckin' lame.

• I've yet to give Universe a try, but I made one where it's just NXT and has some former NXT members on the roster like Ascension, Big Cass/Enzo, 4 Horsewomen, etc. Made a house show weekly on Saturday, and put the bad VHS filter on it so that should be pretty fun if I get some wacky match-ups like the minor shows usually book automatically.
  • Like 2

So, the NXT DLC is not being released for PC until 12th December, despite the fact that people who have the game are able to hack it in. You know what's even worse about that? You can only mod the DLC in (as far as I'm aware), if you have a pirated copy of the game. Because fuck all of those people that actually pay for it, right? <_<

EDIT: Okay, apparently it is going to be released for PC at the same time as everywhere else, now. Just a goof from 2K staff on their forums. Nice.

On 11/20/2017 at 14:21, tristy said:

I've yet to give Universe a try, but I made one where it's just NXT and has some former NXT members on the roster like Ascension, Big Cass/Enzo, 4 Horsewomen, etc. Made a house show weekly on Saturday, and put the bad VHS filter on it so that should be pretty fun if I get some wacky match-ups like the minor shows usually book automatically.

Shit you know what? That is actually a really fucking good idea. I try universe but I always get swamped in doing so many shows a month. I think this might just be the think that lets me coherently book and still feel like I am making some semblance of progress.

Are there multiple slots for Universes? I forget.

I saw that through coupons and Black Friday deals I can get the base edition of 2K18 for 20 euros on PC. Is it worth it for someone who hasn't played a 2K since the SVR series, and someone who lacks direct friends to play local coop with?

Or would I be better off shilling some extra cash for the season pass so I can get all the dlc?

I played this at my wife’s cousin’s house yesterday. I chose Mr. Perfect and during his entrance, when the nameplate popped up it said something like “Stand-in Female Model”. How fucking stupid.

Then he wanted to show me Universe mode. During a Cena/Stroman promo “duel” (which Stroman won and Cena sounded like a 12-year old writing an e-fed roleplay) Michael Cole kept saying “They’re both down. The ref should count to ten.”

How something can be that fucking jacked is hysterical. At least the matches were fun to play, but bah gawd the bugs.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

This is why I just listen to a podcast or some music while I play the game. I don't need the commentary anyway, it doesn't add much. I've only had one bug so far, when I irish whipped someone into the ropes and they went outside the ring and up onto the ramp. Other than that, it's smooth sailing.

I really wish they'd remove this fucking stupid "you can only download 20ish Community Creations in a 24 hour period" thing. Seriously, what's the point?

• Like 1

They said that the download limit was due to bandwidth on their online servers, which seems somewhat legitimate... but their servers are fucking bullshit to begin with. Like, if they're going to say that they want to limit our downloads so that the online servers are better, then they should probably make them better.

That was my biggest gripe with 2k17, is that it would sometimes take me hours just to download a couple of guys because it would keep losing connection. Then I'd ask 2K about it and they would say that they were looking into it and would try to do better... and then it would happen again the next day, and the next, and so on, ad nauseum until I gave up on trying to download CAW's altogether.

I finally found a Universe game I actually like. Downloaded an independent arena that's in a high school gym. Pretty bland but perfect for an indie. I also found a Heavyweight, Womens and Tag titles that are tagged with "indy" that aren't offensive, so I got those too. I downloaded some made up CAWs that look pretty cool, and some female wrestlers. Didn't get too many because I went to my download limit, so I filled out the roster with people like TM61, Kassius Ohno, Nikki Cross, Neville, etc. It's been pretty fun, but I'm just now at the main event of the first show.

EDIT: Womens main event between Abbey Laith/Kimber Lee and some CAW named Ashley Lazzara. Pretty stiff match and it was hella fun. Over in like, 10 minutes though because Lazzara is at 100 overall, but it was actually a pretty close match. The Laith CAW is really fun to play as, too.

Edited by tristy