Sonic The Hedgehog

Ruki

4 hours ago, Benji said:

Does the "Thanks" react also count as "Thanks, I Hate It". Cause if so, then I want to use that.

Rank them in hotness and also dateability.

• Haha 1

It looks as though this film is doing well at the box office, which confirms to me that the assertion that Sonic only appeals to people looking for '90s nostalgia is completely wrong. This isn't something like Earthworm Jim. Sonic is still a character that most children recognise and, it would seem, are interested in seeing on the big screen.

There were a couple of times in the film where I was like "okay, I don't know who the people who churn out scripts for kids' films are...but they could surely have tried a LITTLE harder on that bit of dialogue/plot point"...but overall, I enjoyed it. I would quite like a sequel, but sod's law suggests that there therefore won't be one. :shifty: 

15 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

It looks as though this film is doing well at the box office, which confirms to me that the assertion that Sonic only appeals to people looking for '90s nostalgia is completely wrong. This isn't something like Earthworm Jim. Sonic is still a character that most children recognise and, it would seem, are interested in seeing on the big screen.

It's certainly not just a nostalgia thing. There's a bunch of Sonic cartoons, including SONIC Boom on the streaming apps that have kept Sonic relevant.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, iDOL said:

It's certainly not just a nostalgia thing. There's a bunch of Sonic cartoons, including SONIC Boom on the streaming apps that have kept Sonic relevant.

And there's been a steady stream of games over the years, along with all the plushy toys and whatnot. A fair few children have Sonic bags and lunchboxes too.