Summer Transfer Window 2019

Lineker

1 hour ago, DavidMarrio said:

I'd possibly say perhaps a transfer deadline for selling between clubs in the same country and then a separate date for selling abroad

Well that is what they already have really, and it hasn't worked.

I think the deadline being a week or so before the start of the league season is the best option but if other countries aren't going to do the same then it just puts England at a disadvantage. I think it has also meant teams missing out on players who weren't 100% sure because they knew they could wait and go elsewhere in Europe later if they wanted.

7 hours ago, Adam said:

Well that is what they already have really, and it hasn't worked.

I think the deadline being a week or so before the start of the league season is the best option but if other countries aren't going to do the same then it just puts England at a disadvantage. I think it has also meant teams missing out on players who weren't 100% sure because they knew they could wait and go elsewhere in Europe later if they wanted.

In terms of buying as well as selling though. Come the deadline you can't do business with anyone atm but teams from abroad can still buy players from Prem teams. I think either go back to what it was or implement a deadline for buying/selling domestically and a separate deadline for buying/selling internationally 

• Like 1

Clubs in Spain and Italy won't want their windows to close when the English one does, and nor should they, as their leagues often start a week or two later. 

But yes, if the PL are indeed able to enforce a "nobody comes in, nobody goes out" policy once it closes here, that'd be best. 

• Like 2