Summer Transfer Window 2019

Lineker

3 hours ago, stokeriño said:

This combined with Azpi's decline really makes me hope that people who say Reece James is very good know what they're talking about.

He was in Ultimate Team's team of the season so if that's a accurate barometer for a players talent then ya never know! <_<

• Admin
2 hours ago, Baddar said:

Going around on Twitter that Smalling is about to head to Roma on loan for a small fee, no option to buy in there though.

Guardian reporting it now: "Chris Smalling is set to join Roma on loan from Manchester United after a deal was agreed under which the Italian club will pay €3m (£2.7m) to take the defender for the season without an option to buy."

No one has thought about poor Phil Jones in all this. First Harry comes in and now they're shipping "I'm Chris Smalling" off

So with Smalling off, Bailly crocked, and Rojo either suspended or injured for two thirds of every season, that leaves us Lindelof, Maguire and Jones as first team centre backs. If this leads to lots of minutes for the likes of Axel Tuanzebe this season, excellent. Can't say the lack of depth doesn't worry me a bit though.

41 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Tuanzebe and Jones both travelled with the squad to the Wolves game, but Tuanzebe made the bench ahead of him. I'd say he's next in line if Maguire or Lindelof pick up an injury.

Lovely. Let's hope we see plenty of minutes for him, Gomes, Chong, and maybe even Dylan Levitt or Ethan Laird.

Victor Wanyama is set to join Club Brugge from Tottenham for £12m.

Alexis Sanchez has joined Inter on loan for the season. 

So, if say, Rashford and Martial get fairly lengthy injuries (I believe Martial might already have one?), aren’t United fucked? Putting all their eggs in that 17 year olds basket seems a little daft. 

3 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Victor Wanyama is set to join Club Brugge from Tottenham for £12m.

Alexis Sanchez has joined Inter on loan for the season. 

So, if say, Rashford and Martial get fairly lengthy injuries (I believe Martial might already have one?), aren’t United fucked? Putting all their eggs in that 17 year olds basket seems a little daft. 

I'm a United supporter but I'm apparently the odd one out in actually liking this. I like that our options are academy players.

We've wasted loads of money on big name players who haven't worked out. I like that the club is being forced in a position to go back to basics and use the young lads where needed. Besides Rashford there hasn't really been many to break through from the academy and be successful in recent years so it is as much exciting as it is worrying for me.

It may end up horrifically failing but at least it'll be better than watching overpaid players who are only there for the pay day.

• Like 1