Summer Transfer Window 2019

Lineker

I have to say, that’s a fucking solid window from us. 

£40m for Iwobi is outstanding business. I don’t remember us ever really getting a decent fee for any of our players. 

That move certainly opens the door a bit for Nelson and Saka to stake a claim to the first team. 

Poor Everton. Mugged right off with that deal. Walcott and Iwobi. :lol:

Iwobi, eh. The fee is too high but he might end up surprising us. Needed a centre half and it hasn't happened, but I'd genuinely rather sign nobody than sign Rojo. I would have preferred an out-and-out centre forward instead of all these wingers as well but Silva obviously feels he has enough there.

Palace have mugged Zaha off in my opinion. Could be a tricky few months with him there now.

The thing with Iwobi is he is all flash and no end-product. He's the ultimate frustrating footballer.

Maybe there is a player in there somewhere, but he has been in and around the Arsenal first team for about 4 seasons now and has never really pushed on. If I was an Everton fan, I wouldn't hold my breath on him becoming dependable. 

The best way I would describe him is a very decent link player. He won't score many goals and he won't really dip in with assists either.

Hope he does well though, just not at our expense. 

1 hour ago, stokeriño said:

Evidently being paid to do nothing became too much of a chore for him.

I hope we're not still paying his wages at least. The main aim of this transfer window should've been to offload the dead weight and lower running costs while we can't do much else. We're ineligible for the January window too, right?

Luiz only signed a new contract in May, so I can only think it's about Lamps coming in and Luiz maybe not being a guaranteed starter. No idea if it's the right call, but It does make me interested to see how we structure our defence in coming games (not least after we shipped so many goals in pre-season :shifty:).