Summer Transfer Window 2019

Lineker

5 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

With Koscielny gone, we are starting the season with a fine collection of top-class centre backs.

Sokratis, Mustafi and Chambers. 

Whilst we have Maitland-Niles as the only fit right back - and he’s not a right back.

Yikes.

But you’ll score some goals?

Maybe

• Admin

I feel like Coutinho is just a smokescreen to distract while we get on with other deals. Meanwhile Di Marzio is reporting the Dybala to Spurs story and he is apparently always very reliable when it comes to all things Juventus.

6 hours ago, Moses Julep said:

The issue is also whether he actually wants to join us, not whether Juventus wants him gone.

Yeah, if anything, it sounds like it's gonna personal terms that'll let us down. 

All of a sudden, the idea of any two of Coutinho, Dybala and Lo Celso sounds insane. 

Can't wait until we just re-sign Fernando Llorente instead. 

29 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Man Utd have apparently dropped their interest in Eriksen.

I would have no problem with Llorente signing a new contract. Just as long as that's in tandem with other signings <_< 

Oh yeah, he played a huge part last season, but he's clearly not what Poch wants and I wanna see us properly kick on. 

Spurs really should go for this and get at least one of Dybala/Coutinho. Add one of them while you still have Erikson and the Dutch CB's, and they could make a run at the league if it all gels together. Plus, maybe it convinces any of those guys to want to stay, although it seems pretty clear Eriksen is just waiting until he can go to Spain.

Apparently we've rejected a 30m bid from Everton for Iwobi, waiting for a 2nd improved bid, while we go back in for Upamecano.

I don't even know what this club is anymore.

15 minutes ago, Adam said:

Smalling and Iwobi are not really the sorts of players I want. We don't even need yet another wide forward unless it's going to be someone of Zaha's quality. Iwobi? Already got Walcott to be an impact sub out wide.

But Everton is where the cast offs of the top 6 usually go. Where else is Smalling and Iwobi meant to go?!?!

If we can get closer to £40m for Iwobi, we should take it. Especially if it helps in our pursuits for Upamecano and Tierney.

Reportedly, Mesut Ozil's representatives are in talks with D.C. United officials over a possible move. Bring Coutinho in and then I wouldn't really care that much.