Summer Transfer Window 2019

Lineker

We aren't. There's an odd view circling about that Rafa was the only thing keeping a poor side up with his miracle coaching, and McNulty has bought completely into it because he's a terrible journo. Rafa has actually left one of the best defensive lineups I've seen at the club in years (honestly I'm baffled that the couple of clubs after CBs haven't come knocking), a smattering of decent midfielders (especially if we keep hold of Hayden and Longstaff continues to progress) plus £80m+ of attacking players who are unproven but exciting. Steve Bruce might not be the most exciting managerial appointment ever, but I don't think he's had a squad like this before so it could be interesting. I'm overly optimistic this year, but I think we'll surprise people.

Also Big Andy's coming back.

3 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Dybala is off again because they haven't got a replacement lined up

On, off, on, off shake it all about. Do the Dybala and turn around 

I've not heard a word on Zaha all day, and now the big one is a £25m deal for Marcos Rojo. Really? I'd rather have Smalling. Signing a centre half was a priority this summer and Rojo is not going to improve the team.

Needed a centre half (Mina cannot be relied on) and needed a centre forward. As of now neither of those have really happened. Seems Silva is happy with Kean for that position but he's only 19, surely can't expect 40 games out of him leading the line?

Don't get me wrong, happy with Kean coming in and like the overall business - got a cracking midfield now - but I was hoping for a bit better in these crucial areas.

Also, on Spurs, do they need Dybala? Lo Celso seems a very good Poch signing, if they don't get Dybala/Fernandez as looks the case now, doesn't that just mean forcing Eriksen to stay for the time being? Squad looks very, very well stocked after some great business.

Was is Man Utd Eriksen was linked with? I presume that would have meant a pay rise but otherwise it's a pretty big backwards step. Spurs look the business, I stuck them in my each way lucky 15 just because the odds on City and Liverpool weren't worth the effort.

4 minutes ago, Colly said:

It's happening! We're gonna win the league. Probably.

The cycle is complete. Will Bruce take him to see a 90s boyband like King Kenny did though?