The January Transfer Window - 2020

Lineker

I haven't even looked in to how much we'd be paying for King, or if it's a loan deal.

If we are paying, Bournemouth will want plenty, and I just don't see it. We spent months arguing over the Bruno fee with Sporting, despite them selling us Ronaldo for pennies. Don't see us putting down 30-40m on our 5th or 6th choice target on deadline day.

EDIT - OK, apparently they rejected a 27m bid. This one is going to be 40m or no deal I think, and I hope it's no deal. Seems like he's always injured (so he'll fit in then lol 🙄). There must be better loan targets available than a panic buy of 40m.

And now Ole has said no more business today, so that will be that.

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

I haven't even looked in to how much we'd be paying for King, or if it's a loan deal.

If we are paying, Bournemouth will want plenty, and I just don't see it. We spent months arguing over the Bruno fee with Sporting, despite them selling us Ronaldo for pennies. Don't see us putting down 30-40m on our 5th or 6th choice target on deadline day.

EDIT - OK, apparently they rejected a 27m bid. This one is going to be 40m or no deal I think, and I hope it's no deal. Seems like he's always injured (so he'll fit in then lol 🙄). There must be better loan targets available than a panic buy of 40m.

And now Ole has said no more business today, so that will be that.

I would've taken King back since he's serviceable on the wings, too, but not at the 40m that was being touted. Apparently Real Sociedad offered us Willian Jose on loan but if Ole says that we're done I guess we're done. At least we did something.

Done deal: two confirmed cases of Coronavirus to Newcastle.

Not quite the start to deadline day as I envisaged...

Fuck are Man Utd doing? Scrabbling around for a player who didn't score for half a season at Watford and couldn't get ahead of Stefano Okaka in the team with five hours to go in a January transfer window.

Fergie must be rolling in his grave.

4 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Fuck are Man Utd doing? Scrabbling around for a player who didn't score for half a season at Watford and couldn't get ahead of Stefano Okaka in the team with five hours to go in a January transfer window.

Fergie must be rolling in his grave.

I've no idea why we're looking as Josh fucking King over someone like Luka Jovic on loan, considering he can't get a game for Real at the moment.

13 minutes ago, Mad Jack Frost said:

I've no idea why we're looking as Josh fucking King over someone like Luka Jovic on loan, considering he can't get a game for Real at the moment.

Mr. One goal for the season?

3 minutes ago, 9 to 5 said:

Mr. One goal for the season?

He's a striker who needs games to perform - he's played less than 400 minutes in La Liga this season. In contrast, King has been starting for Bournemouth, played over 1,500 minutes and has just three goals.

Taking Luka Jovic on loan till the end of the season is much better business than anything that has been rumoured about Josh King.