EWB's Favorite TV Show 2020: The Voting Thread

GoGo Yubari

Edited my list. Expanse as predicted takes a slot. Also slightly re-jigged my order. 

1. Kipo and the Age of the Wonderbeasts 
  2. Schitt's Creek
  3. RuPaul's Drag Race
  4. The Good Place

I am going to watch some TV when the kids are away tomorrow and will likely update. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, K said:

lmao what the hell even is this

a lovely television show/excuse for sharon and ozzie to spend time with their son, where they all sit in a basement somewhere and jack shows them "paranormal" videos which his parents then rate on an arbitrary spooky-meter

1. Supernatural (Because after FIFTEEEN FREAKING YEARS it deserves a high send off)
2. The Flash 
3. Agents Of SHIELD
4. Last Week Tonight
5. Brooklyn Nine-Nine
6. Perry Mason
7. The Mandalorian
8. Upload
9. Arrow
10. Supergirl
11. Magnum PI
12. Batwoman
13. Legends Of Tomorrow
14. The Good Place
15. FBI

• Like 3

On 31/12/2020 at 18:10, Jerichristmas said:

I'll say this now, because I'm not going to change my vote, but I'm gutted Bridgerton came out now and not in like two weeks time because I'm surprisingly hooked by it and it won't be eligible next year.

I think anything that came out after the previous vote will be fine next year

On 31/12/2020 at 10:10, Jerichristmas said:

I'll say this now, because I'm not going to change my vote, but I'm gutted Bridgerton came out now and not in like two weeks time because I'm surprisingly hooked by it and it won't be eligible next year.

if it doesn't qualify this year remind me and I'll make an exception.

Should probably start tallying votes tomorrow, I think.

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay! So, a disclaimer; after tallying all the votes, I decided to change the results method a bit because as a byproduct of the lower turnout and abbreviated lists (understandable on both counts, obviously!) we actually didn't clear 50 shows the old way. So instead of the number of ballots a show appears on being the tiebreaker, it's the old EWB's Favorite Band format of multiplying the number of points from ballot positioning by the number of ballots a show appeared on, which allowed more shows to get in. It also changes the results a bit compared to how the old format would have had them which gave me pause, but ultimately the top ten shows are still the top ten shows with only the order of 8-10 changing a bit so I think it still pretty accurately reflects things. I'll probably keep doing the multiplication format going forward because the turnout nowadays isn't massive like it was in the early '10s, but that might change depending on how this is received.

In any case, even with this tweaking of the format there are some shows that appeared on multiple ballots but couldn't make the cut. They include...

Rick and Morty!

High Fidelity!

How To With John Wilson!

Kim's Convenience!

The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina!

Great British Bake-Off!

Westworld!

The Outsider!

Devs!

and a fair few more! Condolences to those shows, including at least one former Top 10 show of yesteryear.

Next Time, on EWB's Top 50 TV Shows of 2020: But why would I try to kill him? You'd think I'd remember that.

• Like 5