Favorite role players

VerbalPuke

So thought this would be a fun topic where we discuss our favorite role players. The unsung heroes that do the dirty work, provide a spark off the bench, dependable special team player, etc. 

Any sports apply.

So being a Detroit dude most of my guys are Detroit teams. 

For the Lions I dug Cory Schlesinger, our old fullback. He was a bad ass, he was notorious for breaking his facemasks because he was such hard nosed bastard. Also played special teams. 

The Pistons have had tons. I loved Terry Mills in the early 90s, Lindsey Hunter when he returned for our championship run.

I mean don't limit to just bench players, keep in mind the glue guys, the Shane Battiers of the world.

Old Toronto Raptor fans may remember a dude named Keon Clark, I loved his game. He was a rangy big man that could guard the 3-5, and had a knack for blocking shots.

Are we remembering some guys? Because Augie Ojeda is mine. Always a solid fielder off the bench, could start just about anywhere on the field in a pinch if necessary / to relieve starting players. Never a super great hitter, but he was always just a solid ass utility dude to have around.

41gcLrkB9ZL._AC_.jpg

Plus "Augie Ojeda" is a fun name to say.