The 2022 Music Thread

METALMAN

On 13/11/2022 at 17:14, Colly said:

Ah, there's "best Alternative", but they didn't even bother showing the nominations. Gorillaz beat Imagine Dragons. Christ. And I like Gorillaz.

I like Gorillaz, but am not a fan of their last album. I like The Cure, and when I first heard "Strange Timez", which has Robert Smith on it, my immediate thought was "What the hell is this shit?". Hopefully their new one coming out next year will be a lot better. 

(Haven't checked this thread in well over a month, so pardon me for being late to the party on this one.)

Taylor Swift Anti Hero on repeat. It started on the radio. Then it haunted me to listen to it again and again.

The melody is quite good and the lyrics. She has a way with her voice that I can't put my finger on. Never been a fan. But appreciate her melody and voice now.

Yes. I'm aware of how this is. I've had word's with myself and then told myself to shut up and respect Taylor Swift and admit it is a decent piece. :happy:

Like I did the last two years, here's a playlist of some songs I liked that came out this year:

Kool 2022 Jamz: Spotify Edition
Kool 2022 Jamz: YouTube Edition

Confidence Man and Faye Webster continue three-year streaks on these playlists, only other repeating artist from last year's is Wet Leg. Two best surprises were "Bloom Indigo" by Hollis, which I think is just a wonderful bit of lo-fi pop, and Drill Music in Zion by Lupe Fiasco in general. I pretty much fell off him entirely after The Cool and Drill Music was exactly what I needed to listen to this past fall.

• Like 2