World Cup 2022 prediction competition

Colly

Final group stage table, I'll try to work out the permutations, impressive predicting of 8 scorelines from two of you too.

Screenshot-20221202-215519-Office.jpg

And how we got to this point:

Screenshot-20221202-215707-Office.jpg

Again some impressive calls given how some of the latter games went.

Screenshot-20221209-103113-Office.jpg

Quick update before the semis, with an updated table after Neymar, Kane, Messi, Mbappe and Vini Jr all scored in the round of 16. Lautaro Martinez is looking a bad choice, and my Argentina/him bet even moreso given I picked Messi in this...

After Spain's exit there's only Baddar who can manage all 4 semifinalists, and only Szumi is above him with Brazil to win, so could potentially catch up.

Of the top 4 DM has France, Moses and Dang Argentina, but there are still some swings regarding semis and goalscorer picks (particularly if any get the 5 point bonus for top scorer that Mbappe currently leads), so I'll update after Saturday. England v France will definitely have an impact.

Edit: Update before the quarters of course, getting ahead of myself...

Mini update before the final since Messi nicked another goal. Permutations (I think) are that a France win means it's realistically Davidmarrios, and an Argentina win should nick it for Moses. There are a couple of little quirks though around top scorer, especially around the 5 point bonus. If Argentina win and Mbappe scores another and stays ahead or level with Messi, Naitch would go joint top with Moses (and lose on no of Perfect scores), but two Mbappe goals would win it. I'm in a similar boat with Argentina winning and Messi goals, so there's still a few possibilities.

There's also a realistic chance that @9 to 5 could get off the bottom with Mbappe goals...

Screenshot-20221215-105217-Office.jpg

Screenshot-20221215-105404-Office.jpg

So a little timeline, nothing dramatic:

79' - 2-0

Screenshot-20221218-180201-Office.jpg

80' Mbappe scored

Screenshot-20221218-180303-Office.jpg

81' Mbappe makes it 2-2

Screenshot-20221218-180343-Office.jpg

108' Messi scores again

Screenshot-20221218-180428-Office.jpg

118' Mbappe equalises

Screenshot-20221218-180545-Office.jpg

Final after penalties 

Screenshot-20221218-180623-Office.jpg

So @Moses Julep is our champion after picking the winners and a good run in the group stages. Neither of the top two had Messi or Mbappe impressively, and there's a right mix of how the points were won, Szumi massively unlucky to see so far down with 8 correct scores (might have to weight that differently next time...). @9 to 5 got off the bottom!

Thanks everyone for playing, Euros in 18 months!

Screenshot-20221218-180650-Office.jpg

• Like 6

Nice on for sorting this all out!

Gutted that a penalty shootout cost me first but I deserve not to win after thinking Martinez would score loads

• Like 1