Overlap FC - EA Sports FC 24 Pro Clubs

King Ellis

Anyone for the last playoff game? Think we've got a day or two left. Can maybe try some different formations, positions etc afterwards because the league games don't count for promotion until the reset as I understand it.

So, the Season 1 Division 2 playoffs end with Overlap F.C earning a respectful 10 wins in 15 games. This should put us over the threshold for club level and earn us some better AI players (in theory) next season as we try to push on to Div 1 or even the Elite division.

This also brings us to the Overlap FC end of season awards!

The Lucky Charm Award
Awarded to the player with the greatest win percentage.
3. Baddar & Jimmy tied with 54%
2. Larz with 55%
and the winner is...Kaney with 57%!

The Ryan Hughes Memorial Award
Sadly not the award for dancing down the left hand touchline to the sound of clown music, this is awarded to the player with the highest assists per game average. 
3. Ellis with 0.41
2. Daws with 0.47
and the winner is...Jimmy with a whopping 0.61!

The Quarterback Award
Awarded to the player with the best passing percentage.
3. Ellis/Kaney/Larz & Daws all tied with 76%
2. Baddar and Ollie tied with 79%
and the winner is...Jimmy again with 84%!

The Anti-Daws Award
Awarded to the player with the best shots on target percentage. Honourable mention goes to Ollie with his solid effort of 0%.
3. Ellis with 28%
2. Larz with 29%
and the winner is...Baddar with 33%

The Dirtiest Player in the Game Award
Awarded to the player with the most red cards. There may be some controversy here as I don't recall some of these but EA are infallible so the stats must be true.
2. Kaney, Jimmy and Daws tied with 1 each
and the winner is...Larz with 2!

The MVP Award
Awarded to the player with the highest player of the match per game percentage.
3. Ellis & Jimmy tied with 0.16
2. Larz with 0.21
and the winner is...Daws with 0.28!

The Hodor Memorial Award
Awarded to the player who has been the greatest goal scorer in Overlap history on a per game basis.
3. Baddar with 0.59
2. Ellis with 0.62
and the winner is...predictably...Larz with 0.79!

Any particular highlights to mention from the first season? Maybe Kaney running rampant during the playoffs, including his 5 goal haul in a single game? Or possibly the unforgettable terror in Ollie's voice any time the ball came within 3 feet of him on the opening day. And who can forget the emotional return of iconlegendstar Jimmy Dean?

(I've transcribed the in game stats to a Google Sheet for historical purposes and used them to generate averages as that seemed fairer for people who haven't played as much. Link is here if you want to have a looksie. I imagine the in game stats wont reset for the next season so this might be tricky to do again, I guess I'd have to deduct the S1 totals from the running totals at the end of S2.)

• Thanks 4

15 minutes ago, King Ellis said:

So, the Season 1 Division 2 playoffs end with Overlap F.C earning a respectful 10 wins in 15 games. This should put us over the threshold for club level and earn us some better AI players (in theory) next season as we try to push on to Div 1 or even the Elite division.

This also brings us to the Overlap FC end of season awards!

The Lucky Charm Award
Awarded to the player with the greatest win percentage.
3. Baddar & Jimmy tied with 54%
2. Larz with 55%
and the winner is...Kaney with 57%!

The Ryan Hughes Memorial Award
Sadly not the award for dancing down the left hand touchline to the sound of clown music, this is awarded to the player with the highest assists per game average. 
3. Ellis with 0.41
2. Daws with 0.47
and the winner is...Jimmy with a whopping 0.61!

The Quarterback Award
Awarded to the player with the best passing percentage.
3. Ellis/Kaney/Larz & Daws all tied with 76%
2. Baddar and Ollie tied with 79%
and the winner is...Jimmy again with 84%!

The Anti-Daws Award
Awarded to the player with the best shots on target percentage. Honourable mention goes to Ollie with his solid effort of 0%.
3. Ellis with 28%
2. Larz with 29%
and the winner is...Baddar with 33%

The Dirtiest Player in the Game Award
Awarded to the player with the most red cards. There may be some controversy here as I don't recall some of these but EA are infallible so the stats must be true.
2. Kaney, Jimmy and Daws tied with 1 each
and the winner is...Larz with 2!

The MVP Award
Awarded to the player with the highest player of the match per game percentage.
3. Ellis & Jimmy tied with 0.16
2. Larz with 0.21
and the winner is...Daws with 0.28!

The Hodor Memorial Award
Awarded to the player who has been the greatest goal scorer in Overlap history on a per game basis.
3. Baddar with 0.59
2. Ellis with 0.62
and the winner is...predictably...Larz with 0.79!

Any particular highlights to mention from the first season? Maybe Kaney running rampant during the playoffs, including his 5 goal haul in a single game? Or possibly the unforgettable terror in Ollie's voice any time the ball came within 3 feet of him on the opening day. And who can forget the emotional return of iconlegendstar Jimmy Dean?

(I've transcribed the in game stats to a Google Sheet for historical purposes and used them to generate averages as that seemed fairer for people who haven't played as much. Link is here if you want to have a looksie. I imagine the in game stats wont reset for the next season so this might be tricky to do again, I guess I'd have to deduct the S1 totals from the running totals at the end of S2.)

Nice Ellis, love the stats! How I get the MVP award with my rep for poor shooting and red cards is beyond me though.

• 1 month later...

Playoffs are on again starting tomorrow if people are around in the coming days. I think FC24 is part of a free weekend as well on Xbox so in theory people could jump on through that and join in.