Name your biggest missed casting opportunities

Benji

For me, Hugo Weaving would have been the absolute perfect Namor. Namor is my favourite comic character alongside Gambit and so I've always wondered what could have been as a casting choice. At 60+ he's now too old to do anything regular with the character, but I'd kill to see Marvel use him in a multiverse role as an older alternative Namor. He has all the poise and gruffness I expect from Namor, he had the look, and he's got the kingly demeanour down to a T (just look at his time as Elrond in LOTR).

The other is Nathan Fillion as Nate in an Uncharted movie. He could still look the part even these days, but he definitely wouldn't have the physicality he had to pull off the role back in the day. He's as close to Nathan Drake as I've ever seen in an actor.

• Like 1

Really a minor thing, TBH, but I really wish during Star Trek Discovery that they had JG Hertzler, Robert O'Reily or Michael Dorn cameo was one of the newer Klingons :shifty: . 

• Like 1

An unrealised cinematic project for Doctor Who supposedly had Alan Rickman close to playing the Eighth Doctor in the early 90s.

This is slightly different, as he was cast and then cut, but I yearn for the footage of Rik Mayall as Peeves the Poltergeist.

• Like 1

Clive Owen did a few shorts (some bizarre) for BMW that had me convinced he would have made a great James Bond. Too old now, but if we had gotten him as Bond instead of Daniel Craig....

(I'm all for more Knives Out movies, but I still haven't watched the last two Bond movies.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ruki said:

Like, so prefect.

This is superior to the actual movie in literally every way imaginable. I wish Hollywood wasn't so obsessed with making every character younger. Sully is better in this and this Drake is so much better than tiny child Drake it's insane. He does an enzuigiri for fuck sake! :lol: 

• Like 1

On 04/11/2023 at 16:37, GhostMachine said:

Clive Owen did a few shorts (some bizarre) for BMW that had me convinced he would have made a great James Bond. Too old now, but if we had gotten him as Bond instead of Daniel Craig....

(I'm all for more Knives Out movies, but I still haven't watched the last two Bond movies.)

I think Clive Owen's mid 00's run of Closer, Sin City, Inside Man, Children of Men and Shoot Em Up is incredible. I rewatched Children of Men recently and, as well as holding up spectacularly, I was struck by how good Clive Owen is as a leading man. He was one of my favourite actors as a teenager and I think he still is, I'd love to work with him one day. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jimmy said:

I think Clive Owen's mid 00's run of Closer, Sin City, Inside Man, Children of Men and Shoot Em Up is incredible. I rewatched Children of Men recently and, as well as holding up spectacularly, I was struck by how good Clive Owen is as a leading man. He was one of my favourite actors as a teenager and I think he still is, I'd love to work with him one day. 

If you haven't seen it, I recommend Greenfingers.