So I discovered NWA.

MalaCloudy Black

So sue me, I never got into any type of rap until recently. I was reading about the Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas soundtrack rumors and every list I saw had NWA's Fuck Tha Police on it. So I got curious and searched for the song.

And I fuckin' love it (as somewhat evident by my custom, which is from Eazy E's verse iirc).

So I need some NWA song recommendations. What's their best song? Their best CD? etc.

Make sure to check out Rage Against The Machine's version of "Fuck tha Police".

I'm not exactly fond of Rage Against The Machine, but somewhat related - Who else has covered Fuck Tha Police? Dope is the only one that comes to mind.

The best tape is "Straight Outta Compton" came out in 89 or so. Just full of brilliant (at the time) unique gansta rap. Quite possibly the pinnacle of gansta rap.

Easy E's solo album "Easy does it?" is much like the NWA stuff, but with a lot more humour thrown in.

100 Miles and runnin' is a good song... but the album is poor. NWA really went down hill once Ice Cube left.

One of Ice Cube's best solo songs is "Jacking for Beats" as is "Dead Homiez" or Homies.

What ever happened to MC Ren... come back Ren!

WWE bought his contract from WCW, got him to lose a bunch of weight, and repackaged him as the Coach. :shifty:

Seriously though, if you like Fuck the Police, you'll like Natural Born Killaz. I first heard that song in ECW and liked it. Fuck the Police if for nothing else is a lyrical classic. Straight outta Compton is decent, I guess, but it's much like 50 Cent's work: it's refined and commercialized beat and calm and rhythmical meloding, while still trying to portray a rough, street style lifestyle. It began the craze I like to call "New Kids in the Hood": a bunch of colledge educated, rich black men pretending to be hard-done by gangsters because the real hard done by gangsters got rich and went to colledge telling their stories.

Guest Angry Baboon

Please listen to the first 3 Public Enemy albums, they're like the NWA but um...good.

NWA are to hip-hop as Billy Bragg was to bollocks 80's British political punk.

Umm....

As Linkin Park are to rock-cock-hip-pop.

Guest bukkake bandit

Please listen to the first 3 Public Enemy albums, they're like the NWA but um...good.

NWA are to hip-hop as Billy Bragg was to bollocks 80's British political punk.

Umm....

As Linkin Park are to rock-cock-hip-pop.