Resident Evil: Apocylapse

Phantom Slasher

I'm going to go off Matzat's review because even though I'm not too keen on him I lend more credibility to him as a critic than everyone else that's posted here.

I MIGHT see the movie, keyword being MIGHT. Ebert & Roeper fucking trashed it last weekend though, got a couple laughs out of me..

I'm going to go off Matzat's review because even though I'm not too keen on him I lend more credibility to him as a critic than everyone else that's posted here.

I MIGHT see the movie, keyword being MIGHT. Ebert & Roeper fucking trashed it last weekend though, got a couple laughs out of me..

my sister was trying to get me to go see this today, but finally i got her to go to see Shaun of the Dead. I might go see Resident Evil: Apocylapse next week or in a couple weeks, whenever i have nothing better to do.

Nothing like the game.

More like brainless action movie. I didn't see the first one and drew a blank to what was happening. No character development, no plot and horrible acting.

Heck, it wasn't even that violent.

It gets a 1 out of 10.

You would've had to see the first Resident Evil and play the video games to truly get the movie and/or understand it, so you shouldn't say there was no plot or character development when you admited you didn't see the first one.

I thought it was a good movie, nothing great but it was good and alot better than the first one. I'm actually looking forward to the third one.

Oh and Sienna Guillory is a nice Jill and hot. :wub:

*SPOILERS*

It mixes the story from the games with new stuff. In the first movie the outbreak happens and Alice and Matt are two simple workers trapped inside looking for a way out. Alice was freaked out all the time and the performance was good.

Many people criticize that Alice(Mila Jovovich) turned into the typical action hero in the second one and that the acting from the first one is gone. Well, I call that character evolution. She was experimented on and turned into a super soldier after she and the T-Virus mixed to a celular level, something never seen before. She knows everything(almost) about the virus, how to kill the zombies and creatures and is a freakin' super soldier!! She cant be afraid with all that, she is likely invincible. To me, that is justification for not looking scared.

Jill Valentine was a little under developed. I dont remember seen her in the first movie, but the video game backstory is intact. She had some sort of contact with this things before and knows how to kill them and survive.It fits in with RE3: Nemesis, she even has the same outfit. But they never really explained how she knew about this things, which might be better served in the RE3 movie if they make it.

Carlos Oliviera was well done,also taken straight from RE3: Nemesis as an ex- mercenary that was left behind. He wants to escape the damn place and that is good enough reason to kill zombies. They have 5 hours or so...do you think they would waste them explaining this and that?

Nemesis (Matt from the first movie) was your typical stalking machine, the super soldier to counter Alice. He didnt mold with the virus to a celular level and that is why he is disfigured. If you remember the end to the first movie when they are captured, Matt is almost about to mutate and one of the scientist says "take him to the Nemesis project", so that one gives it away to fans of the game and also develops nicely as Nemesis(or Matt) realises he is an expendable asset and helps Alice and the rest of the guys at the end after trying to kill her trough the movie. The expression in his eyes is all you need to see...Matt came back to his senses breaking away from the control of Umbrella.

At the end, Alice is taken back to a lab and is re-worked on. She even gained psychic powers and breaks away from the institution as Jill, Carlos, the little girl and the black dude make the save. They think they have rescued her only for us to hear "Let them go. Project Alice has begun". This poses several questions for the next movie, in which Alice seems to be the evil character. I hope Chris and Claire Redfield make an apperance.

As you see, I like the series and I am begging for a trilogy. I hated the crash at the end of RE2 because it didnt make much sense, but that is my only gripe

You would've had to see the first Resident Evil and play the video games to truly get the movie and/or understand it, so you shouldn't say there was no plot or character development when you admited you didn't see the first one.

I have played the video games [i did say, "Nothing like the game"]. But that said, the movies SHOULD not rely on the video games to add plot. Otherwise, the movie is catering towards a very SMALL population. The movie was horrible nonetheless. The main character didn't change a single bit from the beginning to the end [we are talking about her personality here] and the plot was hardly progressed. The movie could have been summed up in about twenty minutes and added a whole lot more to what was being told. There was numerous insights into the previous movie, but none were thoroughly explained and just confused me.

There wasn't a single good performance, it wasn't a good story [because there WAS none in the movie], I didn't even know the characters! Heck, there wasn't a single redeeming quality besides, "wow, she can shoot a gun."

I saw American Pie 2 and never had saw American Pie 1. I wasn't lost in the plot, things were explained, characters developed and it generally added a progressed the story. Resident Evil 2 performed none of these tasks.

i wouldend mind more movies that require you to have seen the movies before the newest one but that dossent help RE2 here

RE2 = bad terminator 2 copy

RE3 = most likly bad terminator 1 copy

Milla = a more sexy arnold

Nemesis = T2000

Edited by Michael Matzat

Any hope of bringing in new fans of the movie was lost in just shuffling the audience into an action movie with zero substance. The only viewers Resident Evil was going to bring in was the people who saw the first one and enjoyed it. Otherwise, no-one else would enjoy the movie.

Edited by PunkRockPete

To everyone saying "you can't understand it if you havn't seen the first movie and played through the game" then what's the sense in making the movie? The know the RE franchise is popular, but it's not popular enough to fully support it based on hardcore fans who know everything that's gonig on, there should've been more backstory and such.