Your Musical Guilty Pleasures?

MalaCloudy Black

Guest freefly

Let just say I listen to some Charlie Parker when I need some quit music. Others would have to be Hip-Hop, but thats only when im really sick off rock(which isn't very offen).

Guest fultie

when i'm in a friends car, i be rockin out to that rap booooy

not like i'm a poser or anything, all of them know i hate rap and love what i love, but they all got systems and shit and it's just fun to fuckin move around and shit to the beats

'Boss Hoss' by The Sonics

Lyrics: "Just bought myself a new set of wheels, my folks had me spring the deal. Believe me buddy, I'm no fool. I got the money working after school. It's the movingest car and I'm never lost (?!) 'cause it's a real Boss Hoss. It's a real Boss Hoss. Real Boss Hoss. It's painted a turn-on red, girls see it and it knocks 'em dead. I get around just everywhere, people stop and say 'lookee there' (?!?!?!?!). I get all the honeys and I'm never lost (?!) 'cause it's a real Boss Hoss. It's a real Boss Hoss. Real Boss Hoss. Woah! It really moves, and everybody's losing. It has never lost, woah yeah, woah yeah, because it's a real Boss Hoss (repeat from Woah!) Everybody is a-jealous of me, one look and you can see, with this car this car I never lose, don't you ever try to chose. It's a moving car, and I'm never lost, 'cause it's a real Boss Hoss. Real Boss Hoss. Woah! It's a real Boss Hoss. Real Boss Hoss". But it was the fifties, so hey.

This is a great song, the album Here are the Sonics has so many gems on it. The Sonics were actually a Kingsmen influenced 60s garage rock group out of Seattle. Although, there apparently was actually a Sonics of the 1950s, but not the same as the Boss Hoss performers.

Most people would consider Alex Parks, Bruce Springsteen, The Beautiful South, folk music or rockabilly to be my "guilty pleasures", but I'm not ashamed of any of them.

The only musicians I come close to being "ashamed" of being fans of would be Edith Piaf and Serge Gainsbourg. Gotta love French folk and sleazy French pop!

Spaceman rocks. Seriously. Hmmmm, guilty pleasures. I don't mind The Police, Brian Adams (:(), Frank Sinatra (Not really a guilty pleasure as I admit to liking him, unlike the rest), SoftCell, Blondie, The Supreme's, Prince, Christina Aguilera... that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

If you have a musical discussion with somebody over here, and you say you like Incubus, you lose all credibility.
Edited by YI