Most overated player in the world?

FLiam

Who is the most overated player in the world, in your opinion?  

43 members have voted

1. 1.

• Raúl
    • Roberto Carlos
    • Hernan Crespo
    • Paul Scholes
    • Freddie Ljungberg
    • Michael Owen
    • Wayne Rooney
    • Other (please say)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How that guy can say Inzaghi I dont know. You couldn't have hardly watched him play if you think that. I rarely see people going on and on about him either, all I hear is people on about Beckham, Ronaldo etc etc.

For me its Wayne Rooney. He scored one decent goal agains't Arsenal then apprently he was the best player in English football. For me he rarely does anything for Everton and England. Someone needs to replace this guy and find someone for Owen upfront for England.

It's all about opinions. Whenever i've seen him (and, I admit, I haven't seen all of his games this year), I've never been impressed.

And, to borrow one of your phrases, if you think Wayne Rooney has done nothing for Everton this season, you couldn't have hardly watched him, outside of The Premiership's 30 second highlights. I'm not saying he's the best in the world, and he may be over-rated by some, but it's clear that one day, he will be one of the top players around. Give him time, because, as long as he doesn't get a serious injury, he will be around for a good 20 years. Oh, and no, he shouldn't be playing for England yet, Defoe, Smith or Beattie would be a better choice.

But like I said, it's all about opinions.

Edited by evertonfan

How the fuck has this topic got over 20 replies, with none of them mentioning Ruud Van Nistlerooy or Christiano Ronaldo?

They're the most overrated players EVER, and I'm not saying this because they're Man Utd players, I'm saying this before they're shit.

'The Stepover Kid' Christiano Ronaldo, who can amaze you with his "skill", then try to dribble properly and lose the ball to an Emile Heskey tackle. ROFFLE. The only reason Heskey isn't in my list is because everyone already knows he's shit, and doesn't rate him anyway <_<

And Ruud Van Nistlerooy, who can score goals, yes. When he's not too busy practising for the Olympics this summer. The Netherlands are soo going to win the Diving gold.

Edited by TheReilDeal

Van Nistelrooy isn't up there because he has got of the premierships best goalscoring records, and has been and will continue to be one of the leagues top scorers.

Ronaldo is a little overrated now, but has the potential to be huge, thats why he gets so much hype.

Edited by timmayy

• Admin

And Ruud Van Nistlerooy, who can score goals, yes. When he's not too busy practising for the Olympics this summer. The Netherlands are soo going to win the Diving gold.

Not if Gary Neville and Ashley Cole have anything to do with it ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest UmpireAJS

Wayne Rooney from the list and Emile Heskey, they are trying to pose him as Next Linekar or Shearer or something like that.

Guest Takayamanofear

Wayne Rooney, I really don’t see anything special about him. I only get to see limited games but what I have seen I don’t see the big deal. All I have seen him do is lose his temper and complain to the refs. Same goes for Alan Smith, I think a lot of it comes down to England tries to make their team sound a lot better than it actually is.

Guest OnlyOneKeano

The Most over rated player IMO is Scholes closely followed by Ruud Van Nistelrooy . Ashely cole with a close 3rd .

I Have a special spot for Rooney because i saw him play against Spurs U19's for Everton , He Ruled all the defence that day .

Please tell me how you can call Scholes over-rated.

He doesn't get any awards, doesn't get any recognition from the media and isn't classed by many people as a world class player.

Yet Scholes is one of the first names on the United and England team sheet, is an all-round good midfielder, he can score, tackle, create...he can do everything.

Guest OnlyOneKeano

Paul Scholes is apart of Sir Alex Ferguson's big fad with Keane and giggs and will never be dropped , this season he has been fucking awful . And because hes been playing bad he is lashing out at players (in the villa game) there isnt any need for it . Scholes doesnt deserve to be in the england squad with the season Franky Lampard has had . Although i hate to admit it Pires is better than scholes (bare in mind im a spurs fan) Scholes reached his peak a few seasons ago and has gone downhill .

And if you want an excuse for RVN , Gary Linekear wannabe springs to mind

Paul Scholes is apart of Sir Alex Ferguson's big fad with Keane and giggs and will never be dropped , this season he has been fucking awful . And because hes been playing bad he is lashing out at players (in the villa game) there isnt any need for it . Scholes doesnt deserve to be in the england squad with the season Franky Lampard has had . Although i hate to admit it Pires is better than scholes (bare in mind im a spurs fan) Scholes reached his peak a few seasons ago and has gone downhill .

And if you want an excuse for RVN ,  Gary Linekear wannabe springs to mind

I hope when you mentioned Giggs name you didn't mean he was over rated, because if you did then you are insane.

Scholes has supposedly told Eriksson to drop him and play Lampard because of the poor season he has had. Now, I don't really like Scholes, but if he has said something along those lines, I've got a little bit of respect for him.

I really wish more players would say something like that though.

Scholes has supposedly told Eriksson to drop him and play Lampard because of the poor season he has had. Now, I don't really like Scholes, but if he has said something along those lines, I've got a little bit of respect for him.

I really wish more players would say something like that though.

True, but who would want not to play in a big match like this even if it might benefit the team?

And

Derek Jeter of the New York Yankees.

Oh....you mean the "football" world.....

Yes we do.