Most overated player in the world?

FLiam

Who is the most overated player in the world, in your opinion?  

43 members have voted

1. 1.

• Raúl
    • Roberto Carlos
    • Hernan Crespo
    • Paul Scholes
    • Freddie Ljungberg
    • Michael Owen
    • Wayne Rooney
    • Other (please say)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest OnlyOneKeano

I hope when you mentioned Giggs name you didn't mean he was over rated, because if you did then you are insane.

Giggs deserves all the praise he gets

Paul Scholes is apart of Sir Alex Ferguson's big fad with Keane and giggs and will never be dropped , this season he has been fucking awful . And because hes been playing bad he is lashing out at players (in the villa game) there isnt any need for it . Scholes doesnt deserve to be in the england squad with the season Franky Lampard has had . Although i hate to admit it Pires is better than scholes (bare in mind im a spurs fan) Scholes reached his peak a few seasons ago and has gone downhill .

And if you want an excuse for RVN ,  Gary Linekear wannabe springs to mind

Even if you do think that Scholes reached his peak a few seasons ago it does not mean he is over-rated. People rarely mention Scholes to say he is a good player etc. So how is he over-rated? Anyway, to say Scholes i part of Fegusons big fad is ridiculous. Scholes is in the Utd side because he deserves to be there, Ferguson does not let sentiment get in the way of success (See Hughes, Ince, Kanchelskis, Cole, Yorke, McClair). If Scholes wasn't worth his place in the side he wouldn't be there. Also how many times have you seen Scholes play this season before you go all Phsyco-analytical on him saying he's lashing out because he's playing badly. One game where he lashes out in frustration, how many times have we seen players do that - Every week! Pires and Scholes play in different positions, so thats a no pointer. Lampard has been better than Scholes this year, but would you rather have Nicky Butt, Joe Cole, Scott Parker or Paul Scholes in the England team? Because what your saying is that there are people outside of the England squad/team that are better than him. Which is purely ridiculous.

Do you want to know what the French manager said about Paul Scholes? He's the only player in the whole tournament that he fears, he said that Scholes "has everything"....but you must know more than Jacques Santini.

Guest Booker T & The MG's

Well, since I don't know any of the people up there:  Tiger Woods.

It's most overated footballer not golfer. But since you mentioned it Tiger deserves all the praise he gets, he can do things with the golf ball that no one else on the planet can do.

He's had an awful season yes, but I don't think Crespo can be called overrated. This is his settling in season, especially with all the new faces Chelsea have it's probably a little harder.

Everytime I've seen Crespo play (even for Chelsea) he's been great. He might not have scored that many yet, but he has it in him and if he's still there next season, he'll be banging them in IMO.

• Admin

Do you want to know what the French manager said about Paul Scholes? He's the only player in the whole tournament that he fears, he said that Scholes "has everything"....but you must know more than Jacques Santini.

Since he's just agreed to become Tottenham manager, I now believe that I know more than Jacques Santini.

I think Ronaldo . Rivaldo is much better

Rivaldo is a lazy, money grabbing has-been, living off former glories. Ronaldo is one of the best strikers in the world, despite his weight problems and his knee nearly falling apart, twice. While Ronaldo may not be as good as he once was, he is still pretty bloody good, whereas Rivaldo hasn't been good since he left Barca.

Oh, and I'd agree RVN is over-rated, but not the most over-rated player in the world. He is still pretty bloody good, just not as good as Henry, Raul or Totti.

Guest just got wicked

from that list, I gotta go with Ljungberg. He's been linked to the likes of Real and I just don't see him being good enough to go to Real.

Scholes is in no way over-rated. And to the person who said that he was awful in the 03-04 season, just remember that pretty much until December he was injured, and in his first start after injury he hit two goals against City.

And for England, sure he hasn't scored in three years, but that's because they're not playing to his strentghs and Sven is playing it more to Owen's strengths. But if you guys saw the Iceland match, Scholes was incredible, assisting on two goals, and playing about 4 balls into Owen that should have been goals.

I think that he'll be a bit better this year though, as it looks like he'll be playing wide left, and even though it's not his position, we saw what he did when he was wide left against Iceland. looks promising

• 14 years later...
On 21/05/2004 at 14:35, Farmer Reil said:

'The Stepover Kid' Christiano Ronaldo, who can amaze you with his "skill", then try to dribble properly and lose the ball to an Emile Heskey tackle. ROFFLE. The only reason Heskey isn't in my list is because everyone already knows he's shit, and doesn't rate him anyway <_<

What ever happened to him anyway?

• Like 4
  • Haha 3