Mortal Kombat Deception

zero

Well, I usually stray from making threads like this, but hot damn this game is great. Anyone shying away because the MK franchise was tainted in the late 90s, I suggest you pick this one up just to see the drastic changes.

My main reason for this thread: Anyone playing it online? Definitely the smoothest online experience I've ever seen. If you're playing online on PS2, my handle is Rayzor if you wanna throw down.

You whippersnappers and your high-speed-internet. :@

I think my friend got the game Friday night, but I'm not sure. We haven't talked since Friday so I dunno, but it looks freakin' sweet.

i'm playing it on my friends xbox. don't have live though. i'm playin through Konquest now but i have a question how do i unlock new characters and is it me or are some of the fatalities impossible to do ?

i'm playing it on my friends xbox. don't have live though. i'm playin through Konquest now but i have a question how do i unlock new characters  and is it me or are some of the fatalities impossible to do ?

Certain characters you can just unlock in the Krypt with Koins, but most you need to find a key for in Konquest. Keep your eyes peeled for treasure chests throughout the realms, some will contain the keys you need to unlock certain Koffins. And as for the fatalities, they haven't all been found yet so some of the ones you may be having trouble with are incorrect. Which ones are you having a hard time with? Maybe I can help.

I just got the Broadband Adaptor for the PS2 so this is the first and only game I've only played online. Gotta admit, it's really cool as long as you don't pay attention to the dipshits in the chatrooms. It's all the beauty of the arcades without having to get off your ass.

basically i'm having trouble with sub zero , Kobra and most of the fatalities where you have to be sweep distance. Have you unlocked everyone yet ? I can't wait till i get Lui kang

I havn't touched a MK game since Mortal Kombat 4 came out, and that was mediocre at best for me. But recently, I bought a whole shitload of N64 games for nearly nothing and I found a load of shit, including Mortal Kombat Trilogy.

Was that game MEANT to be EXTREMLY HARD even on Very Easy difficulty?

Didn't he die in MK:DA? Talk about storyline consistency. :P

Doc is right, it's his spirit/zombie. I think the Dragon King (the boss in this game) resurrected him for his army and he came back as a Zombie. His alt. outfit is his spirit, the good Liu Kang.

Besides, dying in Mortal Kombat doesn't exactly mean much.

I havn't touched a MK game since Mortal Kombat 4 came out, and that was mediocre at best for me. But recently, I bought a whole shitload of N64 games for nearly nothing and I found a load of shit, including Mortal Kombat Trilogy.

MK4 was pretty bad. Trilogy was okay, but glitchy as hell. Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance was a good game, but kinda felt like when you would compare MK1 to Street Fighter (heavy, clunky, slow) but Deception is like MK2: a breath a fresh air to the sagging fighting genre. Give it a rental, get online, fight me :shuriken:

Lui Kang is in Edenia. G-8 behind a tent. You can only get him on Thursday/Friday[forgot which] between 12 and 1. Hes in a chest. And Hes pretty fuckin badass too. But Doc is right. You have to beat Konquest first to get either him or Raiden.

Great Game though. I wish i had online. The stories have greatly improved. I like the new badass Raiden

I might give it a rental, but I have no idea how this online shit works, so... :w00t:

To those of you looking for sites, Mortalkombatonline.com is still the definitive place to find info. Just watch out for the forums, idiots galore. mortalkombatbible.com has everything you need to know for every MK game up to Deadly Alliance. If you're looking for pictures of Deception, it shouldn't be hard, just go to one of the big two video game websites (ign or gamespot) and they're all over the place. Gamefaqs.com has a good fatality list posted as well that is near completed.