GTA: San Andreas

Miami Vice

well as of now my days of playing San Andreas are over. The game is raping my new ps2. My ps2 is dust free when i'm not playing it i unplug everything and put it up where it won't get dusty.

Today i was playing around casuing havoc. I had a big pileup on one of the roads. the cops were after me so i jacked a taxi and took off got up speed hit a ramp and then it froze adnd in the middle of the screen it came up saying error reading disc. a few seconds it went back to normal only to do it about 4 more times. I deicded to cut it off and check the disk. the disk was fine no scratches and then i used a dvd clenaer on my ps2. put San andreas back in and played for a while only to get the same freeze and error.

I dunno if the game is trying to load so much data at once that its over heating the laser or what but until i can find out the problem gta won't be played.

its weird though casue alot of my older games work like a charm and even the newer ones work also..

i'm totally bummed

Are you sure the PS2 is in tip top shape?

Have you checked that the vents for the cooling fan are clean and nothing is blocking them? I had this error last year with Smackdown: HCTP and it was because the vents where too close to the wall and the heat was staying in the PS2 and not going out. After I moved it three inches away from the wall it worked fine.

Also this is a common error if you play games from the vertical position of the PS2

i checked the vents but there was no build up of dust as for vetical standing nah i heard it messes up the laser. i guess i might have to save up to get one of those slim ps2s but damn they seem so fragile