Halo 2 Build-Up/Discussion Thread

The Kraig

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played through 5 levels so far, one of the friends on my Friends List has been playing for 10 hours straight(if your friends are playing campaign ut should say how long they have been.

So far it's been great. It's not perfect as I've witness a few bugs(IE I got in the gunners seat of a warthog and the computer kept ramming the vehicle into walls) but other then a few AI glitches it's been the best XBOX game this year at least or perhaps the best XBOX game ever

Edit: BTW my GamerTag is Corey31 if anyone wants to add me

Edited by Corizzle

Is XBox Live working for anyone else? It can't seem to find a game...

EDIT: Must read the topic more...

What's the easiest way to find a game, I click Quick Match and it it seems to never find a game.

Edited by Komodo 3000

I played the game today with my brother and maybe it's because I'm not huge into FPS (other than Metroid Prime), but I just don't get what all the fuss is about. I mean, it's a good game, it's a fun game, but I just don't see what makes it better than any other FPS. The control is decent and the vehicles are sweet, but I don't see what makes this the best game ever and a reason for holding "release parties" at 12am. Now I've never sat down with it for hours on end, but I've played the original casually and it just feels like any other FPS. Someone please feel free to educate me on this one.

my friend bought it and i've played it a little. imo its not much different from part 1. the cut scenes are better and the ability to hold 2 weapons and the story is all i see thats changed. at least i wasn't the one to waste money on it. but if i had an xbox i'd stick with the original

The cutscenes are better, multiplayer is better(as on System Link games you don't have to have only four X-boxes able to join one game, this one you can have as many as you want as long as it doesn't overflow with 16 people, which is good for dorm life), story seems a little more interesting, and some of the problems in the first one are fixed. No one said it was the best game ever, I don't even think that. I think it's the greatest X-box game ever, as the replay value of the Halo series is extremely high(I found myself choosing to play Halo over more recent releases excluding GTA.) Also the music is a lot better composed as well(which for me also really helps a game, addicted to all kinds of music), so in essence it's a sweet game. Only reason that there's this much hype is because it's the sequel to Halo 2 and because it was supposed to come out close to two years ago.

I never really got into Halo so it's not a big deal that I don't have an XBox. I hate FPS' anyway. Tom Clancy ruined that completely for me. :( Me and my good old Socom do just fine. :)

Ok, I know this is getting repetitive, but yet again *SPOILER WARNING!* (Just dont read any of my posts in this topic if you dont want to get spoiled from now on)

I'm on the.. umm.. 12th level, I think. The one where I have to stop the Prophet of Truth from going into the Forerunner ship and destroying Earth. Anyways, I can honestly say that I absolutely loathe the Flood. At least they were fun to play around with in the original =(

Anyways, I finally got to fight Brutes, but damn those guys can charge/brawl hard. But no worries, just get double needles and they go down. (Or a sword.. that worked great, too)

I was seriously doubting this game until that tentacle squid shit pulled both the Chief and the Arbiter down. The levels after that, although still some what repetitive, are much more entertaining ^_^ I think I have like three more levels left, and after that.. I'm wasting my time on X-Box Live, which is great.

God I love this game. My friend and I went to go pick it up at midnight the day it came out, and got it after about an hour of waiting. We played for about 6 hours, all multiplayer, and I think that it's defenatally better than the original. There are actual levels that can fit 16 people comfortably now, something that didn't happen before. The Covidiant looks much better, more dark colors for armor and stuff, which makes it look more realistic.

I'm a lucky sod. I got Halo 2 yesterday but due to Family/School have barely had a chance to play it single player. Got upto about the 9th Level yesterday in Co-op but in single am on the 3rd.