Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I finished 2nd in the conferance north in my first season, losing in the play-offs, im currently second this season in the second week of feb. But I've got a whole bunch of injuries and I've just lose 5-1 to Burscough.

Edited by Dan

I started another new game, this time as Crystal Palace. I'm still in pre-season and I'm trying to raid the Wigan team for players. Tried to get Nathan Ellington but he chose fucking WOLVES over Premiership Palace! Twit. Trying to get Jimmy Bullard and Jason Roberts aswell.

I've managed to get Alexei Smertin on a 3 month loan from Chelski and am trying to bring in Pascal Cygan on a free transfer from Arsenal.

Also, on PES4 I found a guy called Vanden Boore who was 16 and pretty talented. He's slowly becoming amazing with my PES4 Arsenal side so I thought I'd look him up on FM...bloody Real Madrid, Marseille, Barcelona, Arsenal and AC Milan want him!

Oh, can anyone recomend me any CHEAP, decent defenders? I haven't started the season but I know for a fact I'm gonna be leaking goals.

Also, on PES4 I found a guy called Vanden Boore who was 16 and pretty talented. He's slowly becoming amazing with my PES4 Arsenal side so I thought I'd look him up on FM...bloody Real Madrid, Marseille, Barcelona, Arsenal and AC Milan want him!

Oh, can anyone recomend me any CHEAP, decent defenders? I haven't started the season but I know for a fact I'm gonna be leaking goals.

Oh yeah, Vanden Borre is amazing! He's in my double winning Everton side, he's only 18 and hasn't quite made it past Watson and Yobo - but he's getting there. As for cheap defenders try and get Huth if Chelsea loan or tranfer list him - he's quality.

Guest Red Devil

I started with Bradford PA in Confernece North but after a few games i got offered a League 2 Job and coudn't resist. After playing for a few more weeks and after my exams where i'll have much more free time i'll be able to give the game some time nad build Bradford PA up to Champions League winners. That'll take fucking ages!

im playing as man utd and i have just got to the start of december. I am second in the league one point behind arsenal, i have qualified top of my champ league group and am in semi finals of league cup. Van Nistelrooy and Scholes were doing awesome for me but Scholes got injured thank god I got crespo who is starting to settle in now. I have rooney, scholes, giggs, smith and solksjaer all injured.

I splashed the cash (about £1.5m) for Jimmy Bullard, and now I can't raise the funds to sign Vanden Borre! I need a measly £780k, but I only have £425k and apparently he becomes a friggin god in the game down the line!

Nobody wants to sign any of Neil Shipperly, Dougie Freedman, Wayne Andrews, Tommy Black, Shaun Derry...none of them! Why dammit why?

Jimmy Bullard is a Wigan Athletic midfielder. Besides that I know naff all about him...except for the fact he is now my captain because the rest of my team have no influence whatsoever. Smertin and Cygan are my most influential players and they're on 3 month long loans!

Oh yeah, Vanden Borre is amazing! He's in my double winning Everton side, he's only 18 and hasn't quite made it past Watson and Yobo - but he's getting there. As for cheap defenders try and get Huth if Chelsea loan or tranfer list him - he's quality.

Ohhh, what season you in?

What's your line up?

Ferguson's still there - he's just 4th choice atm. Frode Johnsen is a god in the air, he got 24 goals all in all and I reckon about 75% were headers. My captain was Stubbs when he was a regular, I've now made Gravesen captain as he is pretty much the be all and end all of the team. He and Carsley got a fuckload of goals from midfield. As did Watson.

I got him down to £15,000 which is still too much really, but he's retiring at the end of the season.

Kevin Campbell is gone - he was fucking shite, Stubbs is on £12,000, Weir on 10 and Martyn on 9. All of them are on one year contracts, for fear they'll get shit and I'll be lumbered with rubbish players.

I'm £60,000 under my wage bill and turning a profit, I have top facilities and the stadium was expanded by 6,000 seats. So it's all good.

Edited by fineintent

Anyone know a goos cheap striker that wont mind sitting on the bench on the off chance Vieri, Gudjonsson, Drogba and Kezman all get injured at the exact same time?

Damn you Roman, I have too much to spend!!!