Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who is going to be playing Blue's World Cup game?

I am up for playing :)

I have never really done internationals before. It would be a good idea if everyone has MSN, although the chat will turn into one big clusterfuck.

And mudda, I added you to MSN a while back but you are never on, did you accept it? Im

Guest Red Devil

This is starting to piss me off now. I've played with top class teams and done really well which was easy. I played with OK teams like Betis and did extremly well which was good and now i wanna start with a shitty team and make them good. I thought i'll get some practice in and manange Norwich before starting my real game. I set up my tacttics and everything, in 5 matches i concede 15 goals and score only twice. My team isn't the greatest but it shouldn't be this bad. What kind of stuff do you do for tactics?

I'm in if this takes off, dunno if I'm late.

You might have to talk me through this - I'm pretty much a retard with setting up/joining these things.

All you need to do is find out the IP. Once you have got it from the host, load FM. Press Network Games. And then it will have a button that says "Join Server" You click that, enter the IP number and bam, you are in.

This is starting to piss me off now. I've played with top class teams and done really well which was easy. I played with OK teams like Betis and did extremly well which was good and now i wanna start with a shitty team and make them good. I thought i'll get some practice in and manange Norwich before starting my real game. I set up my tacttics and everything, in 5 matches i concede 15 goals and score only twice. My team isn't the greatest but it shouldn't be this bad. What kind of stuff do you do for tactics?

I used to have this problem.

I have a few tips that maybe you are doing wrong.

Dont have any free roles unless that player is your playmaker, I find that free roles don't work they are that. If you are using a 442 and you are a small team don't have your fullbacks making foward runs much, they tend to get out of position and don't get back.

Don't have many people on try through balls unless the player has great passing, if too many have it you will lose possesion too much and with fullbacks getitng foward there will be holes in your side.

That is all I can think of at the moment, try some of those and get back to me.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

My problem with smaller clubs is that I'm too lazy to check and compare stats of players with their teammates so I can make the best selection, It doesn't help having a squad of over 20, not including your reserves.