Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

At the start of season 2004-2005, I bought a disgruntled Forsell off of Chelsea for 5.5m

One season, 40 starts, and 25 goals, he's now worth 18.5m.

I rule....

You know that takes no skill at all, right?

And that about 1 million other people did it too? Good. ;)

I know it doesn't, but consdering he hadn't played for the best part of a year, and then went to an average Fulham team after I took a gamble on him, I think I deserve to bask in his glory.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Started my game with Liverpool, no matter who I bought and what fomations or players I play, they were shit and we finished 15th, got fired, joined Sheffield Wednesday, got them to the playoffs without spending a penny (got a few free signings like Batistuta, Hierro, Djorkeaff) and finished the season in good fashion as it's show here. Roll on English Championship.

post-250-1105626676_thumb.jpg

post-250-1105626676_thumb.jpg

Started my game with Liverpool, no matter who I bought and what fomations or players I play, they were shit and we finished 15th, got fired, joined Sheffield Wednesday, got them to the playoffs without spending a penny (got a few free signings like Batistuta, Hierro, Djorkeaff) and finished the season in good fashion as it's show here. Roll on English Championship.

Bet you were worrying when Bristol went 1-0 up!

Cogratulations. You know how much money you'll have to spend next season, if any? You'll definitely need to strengthen your squad.

Anyone bought Landon Donovan?

He is SUPERB in my Madrid game. He's even keeping Zidane on the bench!

I used to get him in the old game when he was still playing in the USA. He was very cheap back then, and easy to get.

However, in this, I've never really had the money to get him.

Bet you were worrying when Bristol went 1-0 up!

Cogratulations. You know how much money you'll have to spend next season, if any? You'll definitely need to strengthen your squad.

I've just started a game as Basingstoke, who are described by the media as Relegation Battlers in the Conference South Division. :(

I have £0 transfer funds (total balance: £23k), and a squad which contains 3 goalkeepers, 4 defenders, 5 midfielders and 4 strikers (16 players total).

I've lost every friendly game 3-0 thus far, although they have been against vastly superior sides like Hull (shaddup Kou).

Since my previous game was with Chelsea, this is going to be an interesting change of pace to say the least...

Edited by TheReilDeal

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/fin...t/QPRLeague.jpg

My QPR final position at the end of the first season. I have no idea how I did it...

Transfers in:

Jayson Trommel (DL) - Free

Scott McLaughlin (D/MRLC) - £200,000

Will McDonagh (D/DMC) - £40,000

Predrag Pazin (SW/DC) - £28,000

Tomi Petrescu (FC) - £30,000

Rohan Ricketts (AMLC) - Loan

Transfers out:

Richard Edghill - Millwall, Free

Kevin McLeod - West Ham, £85,000

Furlong, Day (who kept 24 clean sheets in the league), Rowland and Shittu were all fantastic. I'm signing Mark Wilson to bolster my midfield. No one else will sign until my wage budget is raised at the beginning of 05/06, as my highest possible wage is £5,500 - hardly enough to sign quality.

EDIT

I've just got to the middle of June and been given £14 million by the League. My balance is now £20 million. How much am I given to save a poor team from relegation?

£400,000!

What a fucking joke.

Edited by fineintent

How the hell?

I'm at Wednesday too, and without spending a penny I was rock bottom. Then I brought in Duberry and Hutchison, and am 5th, but still, it's not as easy as it is for you :( I suck.

Good on ya for thrashing City, though..

However, my reserves and U18s are trouncing everyone. So maybe theres a wonderkid in the reserves I forgot about...

Edited by fourstarfizzle

I started with Wednesday, so I'm only in my first season. Here's my current team:

GK: David Lucas

DR: Patrick Collins

DL: Paul Heckingbottom

DC: Graeme Lee

DC: Michael Duberry

MR: Adam Proudlock/JP McGovern (Hamshaw always played shite for me :\)

ML: Chris Brunt (currently injured, so now it's Proudlock)

MC: Don Huchison

MC: Jason Bent (Gotta have at least ONE Ex-Plymouthian, and Summerfield doesn't count :shifty:)

DMC: Chris Marsen/Craig Armstrong/Glenn Whelan (Whelan plays MC instead of DMC if I need to play him for some reason)

FC: Jon Shaw (after spending the first nine games in reserves, he kept scoring, so I brought him up)

Lee Peacock and the black guy who's name I can't even spell let alone pronounce are my sub strikers.

That seems to be working at the moment. I'm confident of avoiding the drop, but the board wanted promotion :shifty: I may not be here much longer...

The only ones I've got from that team still in mine are Graeme Lee, McGovern (back up for the right wing), Chris Brunt (out for 5 months :S) & Lee Peacock on the bench.

Another good signing is Adam Miller from Aldershot, he's cheap as hell too. Andy Kirk plays really well with Peacock.

Guest MystikalityIX

*Starts a game with Sheffield Wednesday*

I was going to go with Leeds but if everybody else is playing Wednesday, then I'll go with that too. If I don't do better then Reily, I'll burn my copy of FM :(.

Started a game with Middlesborough. Got £8.5m to spend, but I think the team is pretty alright, and don't need to buy anyone yet. Will look to make moves in January though.

Acutally, fuck that shit, I might be a Championship side instead...hmmm...

EDIT: Quit as Middlesborough, and took over from Wigan.

Edited by rvdwannabe