Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm in March and Kompany is at Real Madrid :(. He's valued at £12.5m as well which shocked me a bit. So I need a good defender. Senderos is doing pretty good actually, but I still want someone else.

Also, I just got approached by an agent for a (seemingly) decent player for the first time ever! Mourad Meghni looks good for the stats I can see, and he's 20 so...waiting for my scouts to tell me if he has talent tho.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Scouts piss me off, I set all mine at the start of the season to scout different regions, but I didn't set a time-frame, so they've been bugging me all season, it pisses me off, too much effort to recall them.

Scouts piss me off, I set all mine at the start of the season to scout different regions, but I didn't set a time-frame, so they've been bugging me all season, it pisses me off, too much effort to recall them.

Lol, it's true. Same thing's happening with me. Although every once in a while (see: once every 3 years) they'll find a real hot prospect.

I'm giving up the search for a defender because I'm going to give chances to Senderos, Hoyte, Eboue and McEveley. Senderos has been damn decent for me so far, and I think he should get a good chance next year. Get rid of shitty Cygan and I'll be fine I think.

With Emre coming in next year as well as (I hope) Lastuvka things should be good. I've got Krisztian Lisztes and Akin Serhat to agree contracts and are gonna join in the summer on a bosman as well, but I'm not sure if they're going to get in my team, so I may well cancel them. Anyone know if they're any good on FM?

Guest Red Devil

Lisztes is an awesome right winger. I signed him for Real Betis and he helped me win my first and second La Liga and my first Champions League. Good player but he was ageing when i signed him and only got a few years out of him before replacing him.

Scouts and coaches piss me off, espessially the "Get Team Report" from the Ass. Manager section. They tell me my team needs improving when I've already improved them and they look pretty darn good. Throughout the season i get the same report and even after winning the La Liga by around 16 points i still get the same report. That was in the season i won the treble (Spanish Cup + Champions League). Prick.

I've got an urge to start a new FM game but i know it won't last. I've only had a couple of succesful games so i'm hoping to get another one going. Over the weekend i may start a game with Newcastle, they've got a good budget and only need their defence improved to become title contenders. Should be fun.

Just try one with Juve, I've got Serie A, La Liga 1 and the Premiership running, I plan to reach success with Juve jump ship to a Spanish team, get success with them and then go back to England. I want my profile to say Languages: English, Italian, Spanish...

I also want to earn the Arsenal job, rather than just start as them all the time, hopefully by that time they'll need to be work to do, they've already sold Cole and Clichy.

Wow, the end of the first season is the worst time for Juve ever, you have to deal with literally hundreds of loaned players coming back aswell as bidding on co-owned players, they're all shit too, bastards.

Wahoo!!! Quadroople for Arsenal!!! Premiership, Carling Cup, FA Cup and...Uefa Cup. Yeha, my Champions League campaign died a horrible death in the first match.

I've made about £15m from all my success, now let's try and get a bit more by getting rid of Gilberto and/or (preferably and) Edu. I'm set to bring in Emre, Ben Watson, Jan Lastuvka and Wayne Routledge for about £8.5m up front, which is actually about £15m in total though. I doubt my cheap ass board will allow me to sign them all, which is why I wanna get rid of Edu and Gilberto but nobody want's them. :(

EDIT: My transfer budget is £3.4 bloody million!!! What the fuck is up with that? I'm gonna cry...

EDIT: Well, looks like nobody wants Gilberto or Edu, so I guess I'm going to have to cancel Emre, Watson and Routledge. I need Lastuvka though, so he's going to come whatever. Bastardly board.

Edited by The_Monkey_Molester

Is there any downside to placing and winning constant ultimatums against the board?

I've recently restarted my Juventus game and it seems like the only way to get any transfer funds is to threaten to walk out. Because I've been doing well enough, the supporters usually back me and I win in the end - however, I was wondering will the board ever just get pissed at me and ignore the fans backing?