Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

Won the Championship in Spain and the Cup with Real Madrid in the first season, yet didn't even get in the top 3 managers of the season. Bloody cheek!

Solari won European Player of the Year, Midfielder of the Year and Spanish Player of the Season.

I've bought in Nigel De Jong, Bastian Scwiensteiger (sp?), Zat Knight (I have a thing about bringing naff English players abroad), Kieron Dyer (got him for £700,000, and he's played really well). Getting a couple of Bosman players in, along with Downing (meh, thought I might as well).

I got rid of Guti mutually, as he was pissed off when I got Benedict Vilikazi. Vilikazi has scored 13 goals this season, so I think it was worth it.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had a fucking fantastic season so far, but then had Bayern Munich away in the Champions LEague. No Emre, no Pires and no Pennant, and an unfit Henry so my team looked like this:

GK - Lastuvka

RB - Lauren

LB - Cole

CB - Toure

CB - Campbell

RM - Bentley

LM - van Persie

CM - Vieira

CM - Fabregas

ST - Aliadiere

ST - Reyes

I ended up getting thrashed 5-1, effectively ending my Champions League campaign AGAIN. Won the second leg 1-0, but I'm out again.

Plus side of this season is I'm still unbeaten in the league in April and Henry and Aliadiere have 80 goals between them in about 70 matches.

I got bored with my Leeds game and quit after 2 games, and now have a game going as Southport. I'm up to January so far and am 9th in the Conference North. I've drawn about half of my games and it's very annoying when I go a goal up and nearly every match the other team gets an equaliser.

I was playing a 4-1-4-1 formation, which was alright. I've now switched to a more attack minded 4-1-3-2 formation which I've only played one game with and that finished 1-1.

I signed Dale Watkins on a free at the beginning of the season (I think it was in this topic he was recommended) and he's been on fire, scoring 17 goals in 22 games. The only problem is that my 2nd highest scorer is midfielder Kevin McGoldrick with 2 goals, so I've got a bit of a Palace/Andy Johnson over-reliance going on.

So I'm still England boss, the in-form Danny Murphy gets injured before a friendly with the Czech's and so I call up Kieron Dyer - who fucking rejects me, as he doesn't want to play second fiddle. That's it, his international career is over. He's also been signed by my beloved Spurs, who lie in 18th and so when their manager is sacked, I'll apply and if successful that bastard's career is over.

Fucker.

So I'm still England boss, the in-form Danny Murphy gets injured before a friendly with the Czech's and so I call up Kieron Dyer - who fucking rejects me, as he doesn't want to play second fiddle. That's it, his international career is over. He's also been signed by my beloved Spurs, who lie in 18th and so when their manager is sacked, I'll apply and if successful that bastard's career is over.

Fucker.

:o

Players can reject a call-up to the national team? Is that what you're saying? If so, that's fucking sweet.

I've started a new game with Chelsea, and Roman wanted me to buy a 'big-name' player for the club. So I went out and bought Stevie Gerrard for 70m.

But, apparently Roman doesn't think Stevie is a 'big-name' player, and decides to take matters into his own hands. He went and bought Ronaldinho and Francesco Totti, blowing my entire transfer budget in the process.

He can buy players for you? ...Never had that. :mellow:

Just finished another season with Chelsea. Won the Premiership and League Cup, but not the FA Cup. Still got the Champions League final to play against Porto (who, after trouncing Inter Milan, appear to be sickeningly good).

Arjen Robben got Player of the Year in all of the appropriate polls, despite being injured for the last three months of the season. Last year's winner Ryan Giggs is knocked into second.

Majeta Kezman got the Premiership's Golden Boot, although with only 25 goals. Closely followed by James Beattie with 24...who I've got coming in on a Bosman in a few weeks. Drogba and Gudjohnson aren't going to be pleased. One of them will inevitably get shafted, whinge about it for six months, then get sold for an extortionate amount of money. Hell, it's what happened to Mutu.

Current Squad:

GK: Petr Cech

DL: Wayne Bridge

DR: Sagnol

DC: John Terry

DC: Alberto Carvalho

ML: Joe Cole (Robben still being injured)

MR: Steven Gerrard

MC: Frank Lampard

MC: Scott Parker

FC: Majeta Kezman

FC: Didier Drogba

It's a sort of goal of mine to develop an all-English starting XI...or an all-English outfield anyway. English keepers suck. ¬_¬

Although I may be forced to steal the Japanese Army gimmick when I next manage an appropriately levelled club.

Edited by stokeriño

You could always increase the MC positions by playing a 4-5-1 formation with the two wingers in the AM position (swiped from ol' Mourinho himself). I pulled that out about halfway through the season as some variation to my usual 4-4-2. Worked wonders on English teams. European teams sliced through it like hot butter.

Finding myself firmly glued to 24th place, I decided League One probably wasn't my cup of tea and fucked off to Northampton, bringing a promising youth player or two with me from Brizzle.

After taking Town from 21st to 9th in ten games, I got manager of the season :blink:, and Dennis Wise took Bristol to safety, finished 19th. Bastard.

I've had two games that've been really crap though. Four players in each game sent off for exactly the same reason.

Foul. Booked. Argued about it. Sent off.

Eight times. Grrrrrrr.