The Transfer Thread

Striker Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink is pondering his next move after reaching an agreement with Chelsea that means he is free to leave the club.

Hasselbaink's agent, Humphry Nijman, confirmed: "We have an agreement with Chelsea and Jimmy is now a free agent."

The 32-year-old has been linked to Celtic and Rangers and Nijman added: "There are quite a few interested clubs.

"There is interest from Scotland and Jimmy is very willing to listen to what is said."

He added: "One club has already tabled an offer, although I am not willing to say where they are based.

"There is also a very lucrative proposal from Japan but Jimmy is not keen on moving there.

"He has no preference as to which league he plays in. What he wants is to join an ambitious club who are moving forward.

"He is still very ambitious as a player and wants to go where he can win trophies."

Wow, one of their most consistent performers last season as well. Out of Mutu, himself and Cresp, Jimmy was by far the best last season.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it´s time to see the harry score again very soon  B)

Who?

Edgar Davids has confirmed that Tottenham have tabled an attractive offer for his services.

The Holland international said after his country's Euro 2004 semi-final defeat to Portugal that he would announce his destination in the next four days.

Although Internazionale are still considered favourites to sign the midfielder, rumours have been rife for the past 48 hours than a serious financial proposition has been forthcoming from The Premiership.

Davids has now admitted Spurs are one of the teams involved in the chase after Barcelona withdrew their attempt to sign him, following a successful loan stint at Camp Nou.

"I have had two offers from England that I like a lot," said the 31-year-old. "But I especially like the one from Tottenham."

The former Juventus star is much admired by Spurs' new director of football Frank Arnesen.

Eh, if he could play at the level he did a few years back then it'd be a great signing. But recently, I haven't been impressed with Mr. Davids.

Arsenal are believed to have agreed a deal with Ajax for their outstanding full back Hatem Trabelsi.

The 27-year-old had been looking to leave the Amsterdam ArenA on a free transfer, and the likes of Manchester United, Chelsea, Juventus and Milan were all ready to pounce.

However, the Dutch courts ruled that Ajax had a legal option to extend his deal - meaning he was still tied to the Dutch champions.

Newcastle United tried to land the Tunisian earlier this summer, but their move faltered when they tried to bypass the player's agents and go straight to Ajax.

As Sir Bobby Robson was lining up another bid, Arsenal have stepped in and agreed a fee of around £3 million for the right back.

Trabelsi is now expected to agree terms over the next week and should complete a move soon after.

Wenger has moved for the African as he obviously feels he needs extra cover at right back with Lauren currently filling that role, although it would be expected that Trabelsi would emerge as first choice.

Bayern Munich full back Willy Sagnol, also a target for Arsenal, stated earlier this year that Wenger was looking to replace Lauren.

Despite Trabelsi's imminent arrival, Lauren - who can also play in midfield - is unlikely to be surplus to requirements at Highbury as another reason for Wenger signing a new full back is to make sure Kolo Toure remains in the central of defence rather than having to provide cover.

Trabelsi, however, will not be the first summer signing for Wenger as he is expected to complete the siging of Celta Vigo goalkeeper Manuel Almunia in the next few days.

The 27-year-old has already agreed terms on his £500,000 switch and should arrive in England over the weekend.

source: planetfootball.com

Not bad, not bad.

They did the same thing again that they did with Kezman, smaller Prem teams linked with him then out of nowhere he goes to Chelsea!

DAMMIT!

I would have preffered to see him at Sp*rs than Chelsea, because it isn't like Sp*rs would do anyhting with him in the team anyway

Jason McAtter has joined Leicester City from Sunderland on a free,

Gareth Williams has joined Leicester City from Nottingham Forest - Forest want £5 million and its set to go to court

Danny Tiatto has joined Leicester City from Man City on a free,

Jason Wilcox has joined Leicester City from Leeds United on a free,

Les Ferdinand had a medical with Bolton Wanderers today and looks set to join them.

Boro snap up Reiziger

Middlesbrough have confirmed the signing of Holland right-back Michael Reiziger from Barcelona.

Reiziger became a free agent when his contract at the Nou Camp expired and Boro boss Steve McClaren moved quickly to snap him up.

The 31-year-old was part of the Dutch team that reached the semi-finals of Euro 2004, before being knocked out by hosts Portugal.

Boro are expected to follow up the signing by landing Leeds' Mark Viduka.

Australia international Viduka, 28, has passed a medical at Boro and has already trained with McClaren's squad while his transfer goes through.

Meanwhile, Boro are confident an administrative problem over changing Gaizka Mendieta's year-long loan from Lazio into a permanent deal will be ironed out soon.

"We have an agreement with Lazio that his loan will become a four-year permanent deal," said club spokesman Dave Allan.

"Gaizka has signed that contract and was back with us in training yesterday."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Desailly leaves Chelsea

Veteran defender Marcel Desailly has left Chelsea after ending his contract by mutual consent.

He joined the Stamford Bridge club in 1998 from AC Milan for £4.6m having played for Nantes and Marseille.

Desailly was captain of France during the recent European Championship but retired from international football after their quarter-final defeat.

The 35-year-old becomes the second high-profile departure under new boss Jose Mourinho after Juan Veron.

Desailly is going to return to France to decide whether he wants to carry on playing.

He will be a guest of honour for Chelsea's first Premiership game of the season at home to Manchester United on 15 August.

Desailly won the World Cup in 1998, the 2000 European Championship and won a national record 116 caps for his country.

He won the league and European Cup with both Marseille and AC Milan.

Veron has joined Inter Milan on a season-long loan after failing to impress during his first season at Chelsea.

Argentine striker Hernan Crespo is expected to follow Desailly and Veron out of the club after failing to report for a pre-season meeting on Monday

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kezman nears Chelsea switch

Chelsea have moved a step closer to completing a move to bring striker Mateja Kezman to Stamford Bridge.

The PSV star flew into London on Monday to complete a medical and negotiate personal terms.

But the Serbio-Montenegran will not finalise his transfer until he is granted a work permit, which is likely to be sorted within a week.

The Stamford Bridge club have agreed an undisclosed fee with PSV for the 25-year-old forward.

They will expect the work permit to be a formality given Kezman's status as a regular international.

Kezman will face tough competition for his place in coach Jose Mourinho's starting line-up at Stamford Bridge, but he is not deterred by the challenge.

"I know what coach Mourinho wants. I have spoken with him a few times and I know what my position at Chelsea will be," said Kezman.

The former FK Loznica, Sartid 1913 Smederevo and Partizan Belgrade forward scored 105 goals in 122 games over four seasons at PSV.

In the 2002-03 season, Kezman scored 35 goals in 33 games which was the highest total in Holland since Marco van Basten's 37 for Ajax in 1987.

The arrival of Kezman at Chelsea will heap pressure on strikers Hernan Crespo and Adrian Mutu.

And there is speculation that Crespo may be loaned out to Italian giants AC Milan.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, meanwhile, has agreed a deal to be released from the last year of his Stamford Bridge contract.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man Utd eye Parma prospect

Manchester United are poised to sign Italian teenager Giuseppe Rossi from cash-strapped Parma.

The 16-year-old midfielder is set to follow Barcelona youngster Gerard Pique to Old Trafford as boss Sir Alex Ferguson looks to the future.

Rossi's agents, P&P Sportsmanagement, said the deal should go through soon.

"We haven't reached an agreement yet because there are still a few details to be ironed out, but I'm confident the deal will go ahead," said a spokesman.

It is rumoured that Carlos Queiroz has a lot to do with these youth signings

Rossi is not expected to be called on to take part in United's three-match pre-season tour to the United States where they will play will take on Bayern Munich, Celtic and AC Milan.

If the Italian does sign he will become the second teenager to arrive at Old Trafford this summer, after 17-year-old centre-back Pique joined on a five-year deal.

Ferguson has also made two senior signings in the close season, with Alan Smith arriving from Leeds for £7m and Gabriel Heinze signing from Paris St Germain for £6.9m.

Desailly's had an amazing run in his career, so it's nice for him to go and end it back home just like Zola did. Good for him.

I'd never heard of Kezman, but his goalscoring statistics seem very impressive. We'll have to see if he does well in the Premiership though.

Viduka is great for Middlesborough, as is the extension of Mendieta's loan. From where I stand, they just keep getting stronger.

Either Manchester United are signing an abnormal number of teenagers, or they're just receiving abnormal media coverage after Christiano? I'm not sure why signing a 16 year old is a news story, it doesn't get covered for other clubs.

Duff Lampard Davids Robben

That is their midfield next season I think.

Mourinho has said that, in accordance with his 'two players for every position' philosophy, Duff and Robben will be the two players for the left midfield position. He also said that Bridge and Babayaro are the left backs, and for the right backs he'll have Glen Johnson and Paolo Ferreira. All other spots are 'open', although he's already expressed his admiration for players like Lampard and Terry, so they're no doubt certainties too.

To be honest I don't know who we've got for right midfield, especially without Gronkjaer anymore. I certainly know that in CM03/04 I ended up being forced to play Melchiot or Geremi there when Gronkjaer got injured...but Mourinho has said that he's looking to have his team finalised before they go on their US tour on 21st July, so maybe he'll buy another winger. Who knows.

For what it's worth, The Sun today have a list of players who Mourinho wants and who he doesn't.

They think he wants: Kezman and Mutu (to stay)

Whilst they claim he has no/little interest in: Crespo, Davids, Deco and Rooney.

I can remember Lampard saying before that Chelsea should keep the English backbone to the side (players like himself, Terry, Parker, Cole, Bridge etc). While I don't think ALL those English players should play every game, I think Lampard's got the right idea.

Edited by supergrass

Jason McAtter has joined Leicester City from Sunderland on a free,

Gareth Williams has joined Leicester City from Nottingham Forest - Forest want £5 million and its set to go to court

Danny Tiatto has joined Leicester City from Man City on a free,

Jason Wilcox has joined Leicester City from Leeds United on a free,

Les Ferdinand had a medical with Bolton Wanderers today and looks set to join them.

McAteer's move to Leicster has collapsed, according to Sky Sports News.

Guest Booker T & The MG's

According to The Herald (Broadsheet newspaper in the West of Scotland)

Andy Cole is being linked to Celtic.

Marek Heinz is being linked with Celtic and is very interested in a move to either of the Old Firm. Everton, Pompey and Sporting Lisbon are just some of the other clubs rumoured to be interested. The fee would be in the region of £1.7m

Hasselbaink has been offered a contract by a Scottish Club (most likely Celtic).

Valageren is being linked with Norwich, and Celtic will likely sell as he has one year left on his contract, and he has stated he wants to play in The Premiership.

Deco is due for a medical at Barcelona, if he passes he will sign a four year contract.

Nacho Novo has completed his move to Rangers from Dundee for £450,000 after waving his £50,000 sell on fee to help the deal go through.

Can anyone give me a link to a website with a list of transfers (invloving English clubs mainly) during the close season?

I'm updating Pro Evo 3, and I know all the major transfers, its just a lot of others I'm having problems with - such as transfers that dont involve Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool!

Can anyone give me a link to a website with a list of transfers (invloving English clubs mainly) during the close season?

I'm updating Pro Evo 3, and I know all the major transfers, its just a lot of others I'm having problems with - such as transfers that dont involve Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/3859763.stm

I believe they list every transfer involving English clubs...including a lot you won't care about. You can select a different month using the menu on the right.

McAteer's move to Leicster has collapsed, according to Sky Sports News.

Yeah but there is apparently still hope according to McAtter's agent,

Leicester are now also being linked with David Connolly, Chris Makin (who is on a trial) and Kevin Campbell.

Danny Coyne is set to leave as soon as we get a replacement keeper.

Yeah but there is apparently still hope according to McAtter's agent,

Leicester are now also being linked with David Connolly, Chris Makin (who is on a trial) and Kevin Campbell.

Danny Coyne is set to leave as soon as we get a replacement keeper.

Take the lazy, overpaid bastard, please!

And Davis hasn't signed for Spurs yet, he still needs to agree terms and pass a medical. Yes, that sound was a desperate Everton fan hoping that the one quality player we had a chance of singing hasn't gone somewhere else.