World Championship Wrestling 2001

IDOL

07/07/01

-At first I was upset with the match of Helms versus Morrus. It ended in a double disqualification, so that made me happy. Now they HAVE to battle at BATB, which IMO sets it up good.

-Wow. I was expecting Buff versus Rob Van Dam. And WOW. My favourite wrestler not only knocks out RVD, but he also wins the belt. Mixed reviews on this as Bagwell has been pretty “big” lately, plus two shows in a row there was a title change.

-I like how Ramon is being used, but I don’t like how you changed his name. I like Reno better.

-Nothing else major enough to note.

07/15/01

-One word. LANCE STORM. Okay, that’s two. Penalty match looks promising if played out right.

-I like where the Air Raid – Filthy Animals feud is going. It should be a good match.

-This Cruiserweight Invite is shaping up nicely as well.

-Squashes rule. Big Poppa Pump rules. Main event ruled.

-I may be mistaken, but wasn’t there a contract signing for Booker/Venis’s last match?

07/21/01

-I like the new format. But I can’t stand the quotes. Grey background is better IMO.

-Overall I thought the show was good, but I don’t have any major thing to note.

Oh, I’m changing my predictions…

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive got to ask mate, how did you make the unleashed logo and the PPV posters?

Guest -De\/ilock-

* WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match

Booker T versus Val Venis©

*Weapon of Choice Match

'Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner w/Midajah versus Jeff Jarrett w/Debra

* WCW World Tag Team Championship Match

Conway and Dinsmore versus O'Haire and Palumbo©

* WCW World Cruiserweight Title Invite-Only Battle Royal

Jamie Knoble© versus Evan Karagias, Shannon Moore, Juventud Guerrera, Jason Jett, Kid Romeo, Michael Modest, and three more stars to be announced.

* 3 on 3 Tag-Team Match

AJ Styles, Air Paris and Ramon versus Rey Misterio, Billy Kidman and Konnan

* "Raleigh Street Fight"

'Sugar' Shane Helms versus Hugh Morrus

* WCW United States Heavyweight Championship Match

'Canadian Fury' Penalty Box Match

Lance Storm© versus Buff Bagwell, Shawn Stasiak, Rob Van Dam and Mike Awesome

* Cruiserweight Tag-Team Division Match

The New Millenium Rockers (Paul London & Brian Kendrick) versus The Jung Dragonz (Kaz Hayashi and Yang w/Leia Meow)

TYE BREAKERS:

Who will score the pinfall in the Tag-Team Title Match? Sean O'Haire

Who will score the Pinfall in the Rockers/ Dragonz Match? London

How many times will the penalty boxes be used in the US Title Match? 4

Will we see an surprise debuts at the Bash at the Beach? Yea

Who will be the final two men in the Cruiserweight title Battle Royal? Ultimo Dragon and Dean Malenko

07/07/01

-At first I was upset with the match of Helms versus Morrus. It ended in a double disqualification, so that made me happy. Now they HAVE to battle at BATB, which IMO sets it up good.

-Wow. I was expecting Buff versus Rob Van Dam. And WOW. My favourite wrestler not only knocks out RVD, but he also wins the belt. Mixed reviews on this as Bagwell has been pretty “big” lately, plus two shows in a row there was a title change.

-I like how Ramon is being used, but I don’t like how you changed his name. I like Reno better.

-Nothing else major enough to note.

07/15/01

-One word. LANCE STORM. Okay, that’s two. Penalty match looks promising if played out right.

-I like where the Air Raid – Filthy Animals feud is going. It should be a good match.

-This Cruiserweight Invite is shaping up nicely as well.

-Squashes rule. Big Poppa Pump rules. Main event ruled.

-I may be mistaken, but wasn’t there a contract signing for Booker/Venis’s last match?

07/21/01

-I like the new format. But I can’t stand the quotes. Grey background is better IMO.

-Overall I thought the show was good, but I don’t have any major thing to note.

Oh, I’m changing my predictions…

Thanks for the feedback KE, as always I appreciate it.

ive got to ask mate, how did you make the unleashed logo and the PPV posters?

I just use Paint Shop Pro 8, and a handful of fonts and old WCW pics once you get used to the program it's a breeze.

Just a little update on the PPV, I've got a few matches written so far, been sidetracked the last few days. I hope to have the whole show done and posted before Monday.

I just use Paint Shop Pro 8, and a handful of fonts and old WCW pics once you get used to the program it's a breeze.

Damn, I was thinking that Michael Shane would be one of the NMR. Ah well, possibly a feud later on. The New New Millenium Rockers!

* WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match

Booker T versus Val Venis©

*Weapon of Choice Match

'Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner w/Midajah versus Jeff Jarrett w/Debra

* WCW World Tag Team Championship Match

Conway and Dinsmore versus O'Haire and Palumbo©

* WCW World Cruiserweight Title Invite-Only Battle Royal

Jamie Knoble© versus Evan Karagias, Shannon Moore, Juventud Guerrera, Jason Jett, Kid Romeo, Michael Modest, and three more stars to be announced.

* 3 on 3 Tag-Team Match

AJ Styles, Air Paris and Ramon versus Rey Misterio, Billy Kidman and Konnan

* "Raleigh Street Fight"

* WCW United States Heavyweight Championship Match

'Canadian Fury' Penalty Box Match

* Cruiserweight Tag-Team Division Match

The New Millenium Rockers (Paul London & Brian Kendrick) versus The Jung Dragonz (Kaz Hayashi and Yang w/Leia Meow)

TYE BREAKERS:

Who will score the pinfall in the Tag-Team Title Match? O'Haire

Who will score the Pinfall in the Rockers/ Dragonz Match? London

How many times will the penalty boxes be used in the US Title Match? 2

Will we see an surprise debuts at the Bash at the Beach? Yes

Who will be the final two men in the Cruiserweight title Battle Royal? Disco (I don't think it was announced that he was in the match, just that he wanted in) and Ultimo Dragon.

user posted image

WCW BASH AT THE BEACH

Arena: MCI Center, Washington, DC

Date: July 22, 2001

Music very similar to the JAWS theme serves as background music for the opening vignette that hypes up tonight's matches, especially pumped up in the video package are the Weapon of Choice Match as well as the World Heavyweight Title showdown. The montage ends with the Bash at the Beach logo and WE ARE LIVE inside of the MCI Center in Washington DC. Pyros go off, the fans are cheering and holding up their signs. Switch to the commentary position where the "Enforcer" Arn Anderson and Scott Hudson welcome everyone to the show. After running down the card for tonight's event, Hudson promises that this is going to be one to remember. With that we cut to the ring for tonight's opening match.

The Filthy Animals are out first, Shane McMahon must have been reviewing some WCW 2000 tapes because they stand behind a big white sheet, only the silhouetes of the three men are visible. The rap lyrics of their entrance song speeds up, and the sheet falls. With that Konnan and the WCW Cruiserweight Tag-Team Champions Rey Misterio, and Billy Kidman come out and do their best to get the fans on their feet. They are successful in doing so and shortly thereafter the Animals are in the ring with Kidman and Misterio posing in the corners while Konnan stands in the center of the ring and takes a microphone.

Konnan: "Yo! Yo! Yo! Le'me speak on this! Hola le'!"

In unison the fans respond echoing Konnan's statement.

Konnan: "Ariba la' raza!"

Again, the same effect from the crazy.

Konnan: "And yo, yo! The Filthy Animals, the Cruiserweight Tag Champions Rey Rey, and Kidman alongside K-Dawg are in'da' house! And in just a few seconds these chumps, the Air Raid or whateva' they're callin' themselves are going to come on down ta' this ring and try to put us away for the 1.. 2.. 3.. but we all know that ain't gonna happen, 'cause the Filthy Animals are rowdy rowdy and"...

K-Dawg holds the microphone out and the fans continue Konnan's catchphrase with "Bowdy, bowdy!"

After the tongue lashing from Konnan, Air Raid was out next. Styles, Ramon and Air Paris each was dressed in matching throwback Adidas jump suits (Styles and Paris in green while Ramon wore slimming black and gold chains.) Their hired gun held the ropes allowing them into the ring where they ripped off the jumps suits showing their matching green short tights, and padded boots. Ramon simply took off his top, more than happy to compete with gold chains and parachute pants.

Six Man Tag-Team Match: Rey Misterio, Billy Kidman and Konnan versus AJ Styles, Air Paris and Ramon

The much smaller AJ Styles and Air Paris decide that they might be better off having Ramon start the match against the man he recorded a victory over a couple weeks back on Unleashed, Konnan. After tying up Ramon tosses Konnan into the corner and begins to pound away with clenched fists. The referee warns him that they are against the rules and he goes for an Irish Whip but Konnan counters and sends Ramon across the ring into the corner. The big man bounces out and Konnan nails his trade mark rolling thunder clothesline! Ramon falls down to the mat, and Konnan wastes little time putting the boots to him. Konnan pulls him back to his feet and walks him into enemy territory before tagging in Billy Kidman. K-Dawg holds up Ramon's arms and exposes the ribs - the perfect opportunity for Kidman nail him with the knee.

Scott Hudson: "The Filthy Animals are doing the smart thing here, Arn. They're keeping the big man in their corner wand wering him down.

Kidman pulls Ramon up, not letting off, and pounds away with shots to his face. He grabs the big mans arm and attempts to send him into the ropes, but Ramon reverses and Kidman takes the ride, on the rebound Billy Kidman is leveled with a power slam. Ramon hooks the leg, but only gets a two. He walks over and tags in AJ Styles. Styles comes in quick and goes for an irish whip, but the Cruiserweight Tag Champion counters and Styles takes the ride to the ropes before being scooped up into a Tilt-a-Whirl back breaker! Styles holds his back in agony and rolls onto his belly. Kidman climbs to the top rope before coming off with the Guillotine Legdrop onto the neck of AJ Styles! Cover and 1... 2... kick out. Kidman takes Styles by the foot and drags him into the Animals' corner before tagging in Rey Misterio junior.

Scott Hudson: "It's been the Filthy Animals controlling the match up so far, and now here comes the man that pound for pound I believe is the greatest Cruiserweight in the World today."

Styles is back to his feet and heading to his corner, but Misterop charges in the ring and takes the young man down with a bull dog. After a few stomps to the chest he lifts Styles to standing position, Rey charged the ropes but didn't get the desired outcome as Styles jumps up and nearly takes his head off with a martial arts kick! Misterio rolled out of the ring holding his jaw, Styles teases the crowd a bit and Rey junior slides back in under the bottom rope. The two exchanged a series of holds with Styles coming out on top and taking Rey to the mat with a hammerlock. The young Georgia native apples a chinlock on Misterio, and scissors his legs around the body. After a few moments of teasing the idea, Misterio gets a grip on the bottom rope forcing Styles to break the hold. Angered, Styles does so and tags in partner Air Paris. The two walk over and lift Rey junior up, bringing him to the mat with a double brain buster. Styles is forced back into his corner, and Paris goes for the cover. 1.. 2.. Misterio's never say die attitude allows him to kick out! Air Paris keeps Rey grounded over the next few moments, working his back. Paris lifts Misterio up, and slams him down to the mat and makes a rolling motion with his hands - the signal that he is going up top.

He does so, climbing to the very top rope, then he leaps off with a moonsault - NO ONE'S HOME! Misterio holds his back while reaching for his partners. Konnan and Kidman are clapping and stomping on the mats doing what they can to get the fans behind Rey junior. The fans in return are stomping their feet and rallying behind the Cruiserweight Tag Champion. Paris is up first and he crawls to Rey before making a leap at his leg - Rey leaped as well, forcing Air Paris to come up short and at the same Rey junior tagged in Billy Kidman! Air Paris does his best Ric Flair, on his knees begging for the Cruiserweight Tag Team Champion not to hit him, but Kidman will have none of it, and he unleashes the fury. With Air Paris leaning against the rope, Kidman gives him an irish whip and nearly takes his head off with a dropkick. Cover 1.. 2.. Ramon breaks the count! The big man lifts Kidman up to his feet, and tosses him to the outside of the ring! Konnan and Rey hit the ring, and Styles joins into the foray. The referee has lost all control of the match, as Konnan hits a rolling thunder clothesline sending Ramon over the top rope and to the outside! Air Paris and AJ Styles whip Misterio into the ropes they go for a double flap jack, but Misterio hangs on and lands a double ddt on both men! Styles rolls to the outside while Paris lays in the corner. Misterio isn't finished however as he leaps to the outside with a suicide plancha taking out Konnan, and Styles, Ramon was brely grazed in the move. Inside of the ring Kidman has brought the fight back to Air Paris but it doesn't last long as Ramon rushes into the ring and plants the Cruiserweight Tag champion with the Flight Delay! Kidman was turned inside out with the move, and as Ramon rolls back to the outside Air Paris makes the cover. 1.. 2.. 3!

WINNERS: Air Paris, AJ Styles and Ramon!

-OR:70 -CR:59 -MQ:81

With a brawl still going on outside of the ring we are taken to a video vignette showing the defeaced United States Championship in black and white footage. The Canadian Flag waves, the red of the flag is the only object in color. Then while the voice over speaks, events leading up to the signing of this match-up are shown.

"Tonight, a first ever match in WCW History. Five athletes step into the ring to do battle in a contest that could prove to be one of the most brutal in history. 5 men one title. Who will walk away with the Gold?"

Back to the arena, we are taken to Hudson and Anderson at ringside.

Scott Hudson: "Well folks, up next Lance Storm puts the WCW United States Championship, well in his mind *In a rather degrading tone* the Canadian Heavyweight Championship on the line in a first ever match here in World Championship Wrestling, Arn."

Arn Anderson: "That's right Scott, this Canadian Fury Penalty Box Match combines the tradition rules of a ladder match with a few new elements. For instance pinfalls and submissions are valid in this one, should a wrestler be pinned or forced to submit they go into on of the "Penalty Boxes" at ringside for two minutes and then are allowed back into the match."

Scott Hudson: "Basically the man that is able to survive in this one, the man that can climb the ladder and retrieve the United States Title will be the Champion."

Arn Anderson: "Lets head to the ring."

'Canadian Fury' Penalty Box Match for the United States Championship:

Inside of the arena the ring is set up very distinctively, and new to the World Championship Wrestling audience. At three sides of the ring, a large white wooden booth is set up, each with flexi-glass windows on the front and a red Canadian Maple Leaf on the back. The booths each read "Penalty box." A ladder stands at the foot of the entrance ramp. Hanging fifteen feet in the air is the defaced United States Championship. Each man makes their way to the ring with their separate entrances. Scott Hudson tells everyone just how volatile of a situation this is with five men actively fighting in the ring at the same time.

The bell rings and immediately the reigning United States champion is singled out by Mike Awesome, Rob Van Dam and Buff Bagwell. The three men begin their offensive flurry at his expense, and soon enough the US Champion is wishing he was at home. Stasiak stands back watching the event unfold as Mike Awesome levels Storm with a power slam. Buff Bagwell asks that he gets his turn, and the former Champion climbs to the second rope before nailing an elbow drop to Storm's chest. In unison Bagwell and Awesome point at Van Dam who does the thumb taunt and then bounces off the ropes before connecting with the Rolling Thunder on Lance Storm! Storm rolls out of the ring and now the three men turn their attention to Shawn Stasiak who tries to plea his way out of the oncoming assault.

They don't go for it however and soon enough the three men pick Stasiak up and toss him to the outside right onto Lance Storm, and both men crash into the barricade! The crowd gives the faces their due, but the teamwork comes to an end as Buff Bagwell takes the opportunity to chop block Awesome from behind and down to the mat. Bagwell mounts Awesome and starts putting the fists to his face. Van Dam however is opportunistic as well, bouncing off of the ropes and landing a dropkick right into Bagwell’s face! Storm folds up the braces on the ladder and slides it into the ring. Stasiak is back in the foray and as Awesome clotheslines Bagwell to the floor Stasiak jumps from the top rope and connects with a clothesline to Rob Van Dam. Storm picks up the ladder and does his best Terry Funk spinning around with it on his shoulders and taking out everyone in sight! The US Champion takes the time to put the ladder in position and begins his ascension. Storm is cut off however as Mike Awesome reaches up and pulls him off of the device.

Awesome is met by a huge right hand to the jaw courtesy of one Shawn Stasiak! The “Career Killer” hits the mat hard, Stasiak puts his foot over his throat and begins choking the life out of him, grabbing the top rope and applying immense force, but Stasiak’s spur of offense soon comes to an end as Van Dam and Bagwell begin to lay blows to the back. Stasiak stumbles sternum-first against the top rope, and his opponents don't give up at all. The two men then double whip Stasiak into the ropes but before they can hit any offensive move Lance Storm clubs them both to the mat with the Ladder! Stasiak lifts Van Dam up and tries his hand one on one with “Mr. Pay Per View.” They tie up, and Van Dam easily wins the exchange and after a go behind he send him into the ropes and nearly takes his head off with a spin kick! Stasiak rolls out of the ring and Van Dam follows suit.

Bagwell and Storm are battling it out and after slamming the US Champion to the mat, Bagwell checks on Awesome. Awesome however is sick of playing allies and pushes him away. Bagwell puts out his arms and asks "What the hell?" but Awesome takes him down with a hard short arm clothesline, it is truly every man for himself in this one! Storm runs at Awesome, and takes him down to the mat with a deadly chop block to the back of the knees. Bagwell gets up, and Storm hops over the fallen Awesome, landing a near perfect forearm shiver to the face of the former United States Champion. Buff stumbles backward, Storm takes him by the arm and whips him into the ropes with great velocity, Buff runs for the opposite ropes, and comes back off with a forearm smash on Lance Storm! On the Outside Rob Van Dam and Shawn Stasiak have been trading blows back and fourth, and finally Stasiak gains the distinct advantage, sending RVD right into the steel steps! The sound of his body connecting with the cold steel is almost sickening! Shawn takes the "Whole Dam Show" by the back of the neck, and rolls him into the ring once again.

Awesome and Bagwell have hammered Lance Storm inside of the ring... Mike Awesome tucks Storm's head between his legs, and Bagwell helps him lift him into the air.

Scott Hudson: “Great teamwork by Bagwell and Mike Awesome here, Awesome is looking for the Awesome Bomb Arn… oh.. OH MY.. NO WAY!!!!”

Mike Awesome charges for the ropes, and launches Lance Storm to the outside and right onto one of the Penalty Boxes with an Awesome Bomb! The Wooden structure collapses with the force of the move, and the WCW United States Champion is shown in the debris of what used to be a penalty box!

Arn Anderson: “Mike Awesome just power bombed Lance Storm through one of the Penalty Boxes! I can’t believe what I just witnessed!”

Scott Hudson: “This folks is World Championship Wrestling!”

A holy shit chant erupts in the crowd as Storm lies motionless in the debris. In the far corner, Van Dam and Stasiak continue their battle Van Dam has Stasiak in the corner and he is leveling him with kicks to the midsection. The crowd is getting behind an adrenaline fueled Mike Awesome who levels Buff Bagwell with a side slam! Awesome says that he is going up top and does so jumping off of the top rope and connecting with a Frog Splash! Awesome hooks the leg of Bagwell 1.. 2.. 3! Buff Bagwell has been pinned and will now be forced into one of the remaining two penalty boxes for two minutes.  Awesome takes the time to get a breather as Shawn Stasiak goes for another hard right hand on RVD but Rob gets an arm up and blocks... Bam! hard right hand from “Mr. Saturday Night” to the face of the “Mecca!” Again! Again! Stasiak is reeling, and Van Dam charges at his opponent, Stasiak ducks............ CRACK! VAN DAM GOES DOWN HARD!! Missing Stasiak with the clothesline, Awesome did connect to Van Dam accidentally, and his opponent hits the mat hard. Stasiak uses the distraction and charges at him after with an axe handle smash.

Stasiak swings a right hand, but Awesome counters and locks both of his hands around the back of Shawn’s head with a full nelson. Then the “Career Killer” slams him to the mat with a Full Nelson Slam! Awesome makes the cover, 1, 2… Van Dam breaks the count with a Five Star Frog Splash onto both Awesome and Stasiak!

Scott Hudson: “Brilliant move by Van Dam he just took them both out at the same time!”

Awesome rolls off of Stasiak grabbing his back, RVD makes the cover on Stasiak 1.. 2.. 3! Shawn Stasiak must now go into one of the Penalty Boxes for the duration of two minutes! Just as he enters one, Bagwell’s time has expires and he joins Van Dam and Awesome in the ring. A close up on Lance Storm on the outside and he is still motionless. Awesome evades a blind charge from RVD, and takes him to the mat with a reverse DDT! Van Dam is down after being flattened and Bagwell has the Ladder in hand.

Awesome turns around and he gets clubbed with the weapon right on the head knocking him to the mat. Buff sets up the Ladder in the middle of the ring and starts his climb for the belt. He is nearly there when RVD meets him on the other side. They battle back and fourth, and after Van Dam smashes Buff’s head off of the ladder he falls to the mat. It looks as if Van Dam is going to be the new US Champion, but suddenly the Ladder is tipped over by Lance Storm who is back from the dead! RVD spills out to the floor, and Storm quickly sets the ladder back up. Climbing up to the top he is soon met by Mike Awesome, but it’s too late as Storm pulls the title down and into his possession.

WINNER: Lance Storm, still WCW United States Champion

-OR:77 -CR:73 -MQ:82

Storm holds the title in his arms and quickly rolls out of the ring. Awesome tips the ladder over, and shouts in frustration. From there we go to a video package hyping up tonight's bout for the World Tag-Team Titles.

WCW World Tag Team Title Match

Palumbo & O'Haire© versus Conway and Dinsmore

Each team makes their way out to the ring, and the fans give hell to the reigning Champs of O'Haire and Palumbo. It was just last month that the young team of Conway and Dinsmore upset the two for the Tag Team Titles, would they be able to do it again tonight? Palumbo and Dinsmore start things off after the champs hand the titles to referee Charles Robinson. Both men stare each other down, the animosity between the two is all too clear as they stand just inches apart, literally nose to nose. This has been the hottest rivalry in the Tag Team Division for quite some time.

Dinsmore is the quicker of the two, rattling Palumbo with a strong left hand before following up with a sturdy right and pushing his him into the corner and laying into him with some quick, sharp jabs to the ribs, hurting the larger superstar so much that he folds over in the corner and bends down to protect his chest while gasping for air. Palumbo begins to fight back with some powerful shots to the side of the young superstar. The battle that ensues not unlike a boxing encounter, with both men exchanging shots to various parts of the body, neither backing away, both believing that they can emerge the victor in this impromptu fist to face encounter. The mini fight is ended when Dinsmore uses an elbow to wrap his opponent in the head and then hit a russian legsweep. Not letting Palumbo get back to his feet, Dinsmore charges at his adversary with a solid knee to the head, almost decapitating the Tag Champion, and leaving him dazed on the canvas. Seeing a good chance for a pin fall, he covers. 1.. 2.. Palumbo isn’t done yet and lifts up his right shoulder as the crowd to a person yell out a universal "boo"!

The match continues with neither man really gaining an advantage. Five minutes in, there is a breakthrough. As both men face each other again, it is Palumbo who uses his brilliant speed to his advantage, punking out Nick Dinsmore with a swift attack. Palumbo brings his knee quickly into the stomach of Nick and, still holding the arm, decides to climb the turnbuckle right to the top. Now Palumbo, proving that even a large man can perform like a Cruiserweight, flies off the top nailing Dinsmore with a Sky High DDT! He decides against a cover on this occasion and uses the time he has to mount another attack on the young superstar. Picking him up by his head, Palumbo then slams Dinsmore down, putting him into position for his next attack. The big man climbs to the second rope and goes to drop the forearm, but Dinsmore telegraphs this move and lifts his knees up, connecting perfectly with the chest of Palumbo and leaving both men gasping for air on the mat. Seeing that they both need to tag out and get the fresher men in, the two begin to crawl slowly over to their respective corners and manage to stretch out for a tag… Palumbo hitting the hand of Sean O'Haire initially before Dinsmore brings in Conway.

Conway looks over to the crowd before raising his hand in the air. Upon receiving a fair amount of cheers, the superstar jumps into a collar and elbow tie-up with the larger O'Haire that he gets the better of, using a go behind he locks on a hammerlock but O'Haire is in the corner and Conway releases it on the referee’s warning. As he walks away, O'Haire quickly slaps Conwayl on the chest to the sound of "Wooo!" from the crowd. O'Haire follows this attack up with a sharp knee which lands a little low of the belt. Conway winces as the referee gives Sean O' a stern telling off for his dirty actions. However, it seems that the illegal move has paid off because Conway is clearly in some discomfort as he crouches down in the corner. O'Haire acts like nothing has happened and approaches his opponent again, this time grabbing the head of his smaller opponent, clearly setting himself up for a big move. Another low knee lands, this time obscured from the referee’s view, before Sean uses his impressive strength, lifting Conway high into the air before hitting an impressive Reverse Fireman's Carry - a move Hudson dubs the Widow Maker. That gets the crowd frantic, the move may have ended the match as O'Haire makes the cover. 1.. 2.. Kick out from Conway! O'Haire looks slightly annoyed at his lack of ability to put this man away. He then gets back to his feet as conway struggles, finally using the ring ropes to gain a vertical base.

The pair lock up, with O'Haire gaining the immediate advantage, using his power to shove Conway back into the corner of the ring. He then charges at the relatively new superstar and attempts a running knee, but Rob Conway moves and the only connection is O'Haire into the turnbuckle. This hurts the big man, but he doesn’t stay down, quickly punching the resurgent Conway in the stomach and using him as leverage to get back into a standing position. Once back up to a vertical base, he attempts a quick snap suplex, but is foiled by a strong knee to the chest from the Kentucky native. With a possible advantage in the making, Conway uses the opportunity to deliver a supremely impressive spear, taking both men to the mat. Breathing heavily, he attempts a pin fall that has the possibility of ending this encounter. 1…..2... O'Haire kicks out.

Getting back to his feet, O'Haire looks upset at almost losing this topsy-turvy fight against the fledgling team of Conway and Dinsmore. Walking back over to his opponent, he swings a wild left that misses Conway, resulting in a retaliatory chest chop from the superstar, followed by another. This makes O'Haire step back. As he does so, he swings around behind O'Haire and doesn’t think twice about grabbing the neck of the bigger guy, slamming him down back of the head first to the mat. He makes the cover but Palumbo hits the ring and pulls him off. Palumbo follows it up by tossing Conway shoulder first into the ring post! Dinsmore runs in, but Palumbo sensed that this would happen and he drops down grabbing the top rope and creating a low bridge. Dinsmore's own momentum sends him crashing to the outside. Palumbo signals out Conway who is holding his shoulder and delivers a Jungle Kick right to the face! O'Haire climbs to the top and delivers the Sean-ton Bomb! O'Haire makes the cover, 1, 2, 3! The Tag Champions have retained their titles.

WINNERS: Sean O'Haire and Chuck Palumbo, still WCW Tag Team Champions

The World Tag-Team gained in image

-OR:76 -CR:71 -MQ:81

The crowd boos at the outcome, but O'Haire and Palumbo don't care they've still got the World Tag Team Titles - the titles they hold in their hands as they walk up the rampway.

While the ring is being cleared, and the ring crew is at work we are taken to a hype video for the ongoing feud between Shane Helms and Hugh Morrus.

"Raleigh Street Fight"

When the cameras go to the ring for this one, again it is set up rather uniquely. In two opposing corners trashcans are tied to the turnbuckles, and each one is full of weapons. Shane Helms is out first he isn't wearing his short tights, rather the silver UFO pants he wore in his III Count days, he's wearing a WCW shirt as well. Helms searches through one of the trashcans tied to the turnbuckle in order to find a weapon, thus giving himself the early advantage.

Hugh Morrus is out next, throwing caution to the wind he wears his regular attire, a black singlet with "No Laughing Matter" written on it. Morrus slides into the ring and Helms charges right at him with a singapore cain that he found in the trashcan whilst Morrus’ entrance was being made.  Although caught off guard by the sudden attack, Morrus has enough about him to remain composed, kicking the weapon out of the hand of Helms as he wields it out in front of him. The cain slides across the ring and out to the padded concrete floor. The second kick is aimed directly at the head of Helms, but the superstar ducks underneath his leg, before producing a quick sweep of his own, taking the big man down to the mat.  This early advantage is short lived though because as Shane approaches Hugh, he receives a nasty kick to the shin that causes him to reel back in pain. The quick thinking move allows the big man to get back up to his feet before brushing himself down and preparing to mount an attack of his own. 

Morrus has come into the match fully prepared and walks over to Helms with his hand outstretched, beckoning a handshake from his opponent.  However, the Carolina native is too wise for this tactic and walks away from Morrus, but makes the mistake of turning his back to the superstar and is soon recieving heavy blows to the back. Morrus grabs the waist of Helms and lifts him up before crashing him back down with a belly to belly suplex. He his skull in an attempt to relieve the pain as Morrus springs back up to his feet and points at Helms before laughing hysterically. Knowing that he has a little time on his hands, Hugh Morrus walks over to the nearest trashcan before pulling out a large baking tray. He hits the tray against the side of the trashcan, making a loud tinny sound before walking back over to Helms, who is lying prone in the middle of the ring. In a somewhat cocky manner, Morrus taps his foot impatiently on the floor as he waits for his opponent to get to his feet. Sure enough, Shane Helms somewhat worse for wear, does get back to a vertical base, but not for long as the baking tray connects with a loud clang against his head, bringing him to the mat instantly.  Hugh throws the weapon over the top rope and out of the ring before making a cover on his opponent.  1……2… kick out from Helms; it’s going to take more than that to keep this fighter down today!

Morrus gets back to his feet, a little frustrated at not being able to wrap this fight up in the early going. Although still groggy from the metal shot, Helms also gets to his feet and the two begin to trade shots with venom, trying to gain the advantage in this standoff.  Every right from Helms is countered by an equally powerful left from Hugh Morrus and it appears that neither will gain the advantage.  However, as Helms reels up for another strike, Hugh Morrus acts in a terribly heinous way by jabbing two fingers in the former Cruiserweight Champion's right eye. This causes momentary blindness and the big man follows up with a stiff clothesline that takes Helms right down to the floor. Instead of going for the cover, Morrus decides to further wrap his opponent in pain by applying a version of a camel clutch. "Sugar" Shane scrambles over to the bottom rope, which he grabs desperately forcing the hold to be broken. The referee steps in to break the hold as Hugh Morrus once again gets a little irate, only breaking the hold after he is forced to by the official. Finally he lets go and springs back to his feet.  Shane is still feeling a little worse for wear and his right eye has swollen slightly from the vicious poke delivered a short time ago.  Nonetheless, he does get back to his feet slowly, using the ropes for extra leverage. Hugh Morrus sees the opportunity for a quick attack and charges at Helms while he's is still helping himself up.  However, the ring smart Helms is ready and casually creates a low bridge by pulling the top rope down, sending Morrus hurtling to the outside before colliding heavily with the barricade wall. Just like that, the sway of this match has completely reversed; such is the wealth of talent and excitement in World Championship Wrestling.

Seeing that his opponent is lying prone on the hard floor, Shane walks over to the nearest trashcan before taking out what looks like an electric cattle prod.  This is undoubtedly an insanely dangerous weapon to use and Helms rolls out of the ring with it in his hand and a sick smile on his face. Looking down at Morrus, the man drives the prod towards his opponent, but with mere split seconds to spare, He rolls right out of the way and to momentary safety. Helms, although frustrated, takes the prod out of the rubber coated barricade wall as grey smoke billows from the safety structure.  He then walks over to Hugh Morrus, who is frantically trying to scramble back to his feet. As tough as the big man is, there is no-one in the business who could cope with having a cattle prod burning at their skin. This chase continues around the ring, as Helms looks to finish this off, once and for all. Hugh is now up on his feet and manages to slide right back into the ring, followed by Helms, who suddenly becomes vulnerable to an attack as he slides under the bottom rope.  Thinking quickly, Morrus stomps on the hand of Helms, which causes him to release the weapon.  Morrus then collects the prod and tosses it out of the ring. Once Helms is to his feet, Morrus throws a haymaker in the direction of Helms, but the shot is blocked, before "Sugar" Shane does something beyond impressive. After blocking the initial shot, Helms leaps up onto the top rope, before grabbing the head of Hugh Morrus, spinning round and drilling it into the mat with force. The move is so good that the crowd spontaneously bust out cheers. The Big Man is now worse for wear and is subsequently pinned by the resilient Helms.  1……2….. Desperate kick out!

This time it is Shane Helms who gets up to his feet the quicker and, seeing that Hugh Morrus is still lying on the floor, he jumps up onto the top turnbuckle in one smooth leap. Signalling to the crowd, he takes a deep breath before leaping off of the turnbuckle, spinning through a full 450 degrees in the air, but he lands in a crumpled heap on the floor. Morrus had recovered in time and managed to move out of the way, leaving nothing but canvas for the highflying superstar! There is a collective groan from the crowd, who appear to be rooting for underdog in this one, shunning Morrus in the process. This doesn’t seem to bother the cocksure superstar as he slowly but surely regains a foothold in this fight. As soon as he gets to his feet, he lifts Helms back up to his feet by his head. Morrus then delivers a powerful knee shot to the gut of his opponent before delivering a tremendous whip right across the ring and into one of the trashcans, which becomes dislodged from its tie and spreads the contents of the can all over that corner of the ring.  Now with the match in the palm of his hand, Hugh Morrus walks over to the assortment of weapons, before collecting a small strap. With the weapon in his right hand, Morrus strides over to where Helms is lying after the heavy whip. In a moment of sickening brutality, Hugh Morrus lifts the head of Helms before smacking him again and again in the face with the leather strap. Shane shouts loudly in pain.

Once again, Morrus forces his opponent back to his feet but surprisingly, Helms responds with an elbow to the gut of the bigger opponent before throwing a wild right hand that connects with the temple of the superstar. Reeling backwards, Morrus appears to be in a little trouble as he stumbles around. Helms uses this sudden advantage well by delivering a perfectly crafted dropkick that knocks Morrus right down in the middle of the ring. Thinking quickly, he collects a steel chair that was removed from the trashcan before clutching it tightly and running against one set of ropes, performing a brilliant moonsault, causing the chair to connect with the chest of Hugh Morrus. This also forces a pinning predicament and one that could very well win the match for the former Cruiserweight Champion as the referee begins the count.  1……2…... Shoulder up from Morrus! Seemingly down for the count, the man lifts his left shoulder up with no time left to spare. Helms buries his head in his hands, thinking that he had this match won.

Helms picks the man up to his feet but Morrus shrugs off his arms and kicks him in the gut. Morrus then tucks Helms' head between his legs and delivers a brutal sit-out powerbomb! He could have the match won here, but doesn't go for the cover. Instead Morrus reaches into one of the trashcans and pulls out a small sack. Then in a shocking moment, he dumps out the contents of the package - hundreds of thumb tacks spill to the mat! A sickening look overcomes the face of Hugh Morrus as he stalks Shane Helms. Helms gets to his feet, and Morrus whips him into the ropes before lifting him up with a military press. The fans gasp as they contemplate what will happen next because Hugh Morrus looks at the tacks and is going to drop Helms on theme - until Helms slides off of Morrus' back. When Hugh turns around, he is met by the "Sugar Smack" Superkick! He wobbles backward - and the crashes down onto the mat, and right onto the thumb tacks! Helms makes the cover, 1, 2, 3! Shane Helms has defeated Hugh Morrus in a sheer brutal encounter!

WINNER: Shane Helms

-OR:65 -CR:61 -MQ:70

The EMT's immeadiatly rush to the ring to aid Hugh Morrus as hundred of tacks are visibly stuck in his skin. Helms rolls out of the ring the winner, but after that brutal contest it seems that neither man could feel like one.

"Weapon of Choice Match"

Scott Steiner versus Jeff Jarrett

The lights go out and the crowd falls silent. The anticipation in the arena begins to grow. And then it arrives as "Holla if you hear me" is said over the speakers marking the entrance of the "Big Bad Booty Daddy." Steiner comes to the ring without Midajah, neither her or Debra will be allowed at ringside due to the potentially violent nature of this match. Steiner has the lead pipe in his hand - his weapon of choice for the night.

Scott Hudson: "This one isn't going to be pretty, and it's not going to be a technical marvel. This is going to be ugly, it's going to be a fight."

"Ch-ch-chosen One!" Jarrett's music hits and "Double J" comes out to the ring with the weapon that has been his favorite throughout his career, the weapon dubbed the "Acoustic Equalizer;" his good ol' six string guitar. Jeff points at Steiner in the ring and spouts out discouraging remarks before sliding in the ring. Steiner doesn't even wait for the bell, and swings the lead pipe wildly - Jarrett had ducked just in time to miss it and kicked Steiner's knee out from behind forcing him to drop the pipe on his way down to the mat.

The opening bell sounds Jarrett rains in on his opponent with some very heavy right and left hands, rocking the former WCW World Champion, who has little choice other than to cover up and block any serious damage. However, as the rabid shots continue to fly in, they become more and more ragged, before the closed fist punch emerges, prompting Nick Patrick to jump right into the fray and hauls Jarrett off of Steiner. As the referee checks up on Steiner who has been caught by surprise with Jarrett's quick offensive flurry, Jeff takes advantage of the situation by pouncing down on his opponent once again, laying into him with a violent knees that connect right in the center of Steiner's previously injured back. As Scott screams out in pain, Jeff stands over him pointing in his face and verbally abusing "Big Poppa Pump." Steiner snaps and grabs Jarrett by the throat, he gets up and lifts the "Chosen One" in the air before slamming him back down with the Military Press.

Jarrett shakes the cobwebs from his head before grabbing the middle rope and hauling himself back up to his feet. Steiner runs right back at Jarrett, but before he can cause any more damage, Jeff drops to the floor, and Steiner calls him on. After a few moments Jeff got back into the ring, and evaded an oncoming clothesline before nailing a near-picture perfect standing dropkick that takes Scott off of his feet momentarily. This move does little damage to him, but it does give Jarrett a slight rest as both men get back to their feet at similar times.

With the weapons still untouched, both Steiner and Jarrett commence a stare down that could stop the world. Both men want this more than anything and they tie up again, this time in a collar and elbow fashion. This move seems to suit the more powerful man and Steiner pushes Jarrett right into the corner of the ring, before slapping him hard across the chest! Jeff looks more than annoyed at this impromptu showing of superiority, so he decides to react in another dirty fashion… with a good old poke in the eye. Freakzilla recoils and receives a very strong clothesline across the throat that takes him to the ground, clutching at his sore eye as Jeff smiles to himself and does the arrogant ric Flair strut much to the dismay of the fans. For the first time in this match, Jeff looks over to the guitar, knowing that he could really gain the advantage here. With seemingly boundless enthusiasm, Jeff heads toward the weapon.

However, Jeff can't get ahold of his weapon because Steiner has regained his composure and nails a forearm into the small of Jeff's back, causing the veteran to rock a little. Another strike and the match is once again playing into Steiner's hands. As Jeff teeters on the turnbuckle, the massive Steiner gets into position… FRANKENSTEINER!! Right off of the top rope! Jeff hits the ground extremely hard, knocking the air right from his lungs in the process. Steiner hadn't used the move in ages, but in the past it put away many good men. Steiner got up and realized he had a choice, he can either go for the pin and possible three count or he can grab that pipe he brought to the ring and do some major damage to his bitter rival…

Steiner chose the latter, Scott picked up the pipe that lied in the corner. He shook it around taunting for Jeff to get on his feet, he does so and comes charging at Jarrett, but with cat like quickness Jarrett drops to his ass and rolls to the outside once again! Scott follows and chases Jarrett around the outside of the ring, Jeff slides in and Steiner does too. Jeff was ready however and stomped on Scott's hand forcing him to release the weapon. A smart trick employed by the Chosen One. Jeff climbs to the second rope and stalks Steiner, when Scott gets off Double J jumped off of the ropes and landed a dropkick to the back of Steiner. He went for the cover but Scott kicked out at two.

Now with the match in his control, Jarrett lifts Steiner to his feet before planting a kick right to the big man’s midsection, not low enough to grab the referee’s attention though. This then leads into an excellent DDT from Jarrett, who looks to have the whole situation very much under command. Rolling Steiner over, Jeff runs against the ropes again, before landing a legdrop right onto the face of his opponent. Jarrett then goes for the cover with a facial expression that seems to say "I’ve got this one won". The referee is soon down to the floor, making the count. 1…….2…. Freakzilla gets a shoulder up! A loud "2!!" sounds from many areas of the MCI Center.

Not wanting to let the near fall get him down, Jeff is soon back on the job, landing some stomps onto the chest of Steiner, who feels each and every one of them. The big man is in some degree of trouble, but manages to fight his way back to his feet, using some well aimed body punches to overpower the Tennesee native. Jarrett, seeing that his offence is doing precious little against the angry Steiner, begins to throw more panicked shots at the chest of the much larger wrestler, but they are having little effect and the final one is blocked by Big Poppa, who then whips Jarrett against the ropes, before hitting a big back body drop on his foe.

Without letting Jeff get even a moment’s rest, Steiner picks the guy up from the floor and whips him against the ropes again, before landing a straight kick to Jarrett's chest. As Jeff doubles over in pain, he is soon tied up, and then tossed over the big man's head with a Belly to Belly Suplex!!!! Jarrett lands right on his head as the move gets its full purchase. Scott is soon back up and looks over towards the pipe again, before walking quickly over to the corner where it is positioned. Without second thought, he grabs the pipe and holds it up in the air. The fans go wild.Jarrett is up, and Scott stalks him. He raises the pipe up and goes to bring it down but Jeff kicks him below the belt! Steiner doubles over in pain, and Jarrett nails THE STROKE!!! The match is over as Jeff Jarrett just used his finishing move! Hook of the leg and Jarrett is exhausted; 1, 2... STEINER KICKS OUT!

Jarrett is ripping his hair out as the referee holds up two fingers, he begins pounding the mat in frustration, the walks over and grabs the guitar. Jarrett is stalking Steiner as he gets to his feet, then he swings the guitar - Steiner saw it coming and dodges the attack, Jarrett isn't so lucky as the guitar bounced off of the ropes and catches him right in the face! A wobbly Jarrett stumbles back - to get caught with an Over the head Belly to Belly Suplex! Scott grabs the pipe once again and this time he rolls Jeff onto his stomach and locks on the Steiner Recliner - with the pole across Jeff's throat. It's not too long after and the referee calls for the bell as Jarrett has slipped away into unconsciousness!

WINNER: Scott Steiner

-OR:77 -CR:82 -MQ:66

Steiner keeps the hold applied and the referee counts to four, then Big Poppa Pump released Jarrett and raised got his arm raised. Steiner has been victorious in his return match on Pay Per View!

• 7 months later...