Dimebag Darrell Dead

Evil Chase K

Just on KISW, some guy just jumped up on stage at a Damageplan in Columbusconcert and shot Dimebag and he's passed away. And, Vinnie Paul and one other member was shot. The gunman was shot and killed. Details to come.

Here's link with an update!!

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/3983630/detail.html

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- At least three people died and four others were wounded after a shooting at a Columbus nightclub on Wednesday night, NBC 4 reported.

The shooting took place shortly after 10 p.m. at Alrosa Villa, located at 5055 Sinclair Road.

Two members of the heavy metal band Damageplan were reportedly shot and killed, including Dimebag Darrell, formerly with the band Pantera, NBC 4's David Wayne reported. The alleged gunman also died at the scene, Wayne reported.

Shortly after the band began playing its first song, a man reportedly ran onto the stage and began shooting, according to a witness who identified himself as Sean. Some members of the audience reportedly thought the man running onto the stage with a gun was part of the band's act, NBC 4's Erin Tate reported.

Witnesses said that several shots were fired at the band. Witnesses said that a bouncer at the club tackled the alleged gunman before that person was shot and killed. It was unclear as to whom shot the alleged gunman.

Alrosa Villa is a popular north Columbus nightspot for young adults, featuring rock and heavy metal bands, NBC 4 reported.

According to the band's Web site, Damageplan was touring nationally. It performed in Buffalo, N.Y., on Tuesday night and had a concert scheduled in Flint, Mich., on Thursday.

Damageplan featured former Pantera artists Dimebag Darrell and Vinnie Paul. The pair were joined by vocalist Patrick Lachman and bassist Bobzilla, according to their Web site.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read on a board that the shooter apparently grabbed Darrell and then continuously shot him poin blank in the head, even as he was already on the ground. Apparently a security guard grabbed the shooter from behind and the shooter then shot the guard in the face. I must stress however that this is just speculation from a person claiming to be right in front of the stage.

Personally, I REALLY do not want this to be true...

Fucking hell, you're not alone. Dimebag's not the greatest, but I really enjoyed Pantera and a bit of Damageplan as well.

I'm praying this is just a cruel-as-fuck hoax..

Guest Bluesman

Wow...I really hope this is some hoax. I really do. Looks like it's time to listen to some Pantera, despite the fact that it is 12 a.m. here and Pantera is required to be played loud as hell...

It's been posted on metal-rules.com as well, but despite how much I rely on the site for news, I wouldn't take it as gospel just yet.

Sadly it's true.

Darrell and the band's tour manager were killed. As was the shooter.

He ran up on stage, started yelling at Dime, then grabbed him and shot him point blank in the face and continued shooting him as he laid there.

Security tackled him and it's unclear who exactly killed the gunman. But I've heard everything from security killed him, to the cops did, to he turned the gun on himself.

Vinnie Paul, Bobzilla, and Patrick Lachman are all safe and on the tour bus.

That asshole who shot Darrell is just lucky he got off the planet before Zakk Wylde could find him.

Sadly it's true.

Darrell and the band's tour manager were killed. As was the shooter.

He ran up on stage, started yelling at Dime, then grabbed him and shot him point blank in the face and continued shooting him as he laid there.

Security tackled him and it's unclear who exactly killed the gunman. But I've heard everything from security killed him, to the cops did, to he turned the gun on himself.

Vinnie Paul, Bobzilla, and Patrick Lachman are all safe and on the tour bus.

That asshole who shot Darrell is just lucky he got off the planet before Zakk Wylde could find him.

Post the article, please.

The only information in an actual article is the NBC News item I already posted.

The information I'm getting is coming from the webmaster of Zakk Wylde's website, the guy who runs SiN's Metal News, and various people close to the band themself who were at the show.

Reliable? Yes. But there's no one particular article.

Guest Bluesman

FUCK. It's true:

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - A man walked onstage in a crowded nightclub during a rock concert Wednesday night and opened fire, killing at least four people and wounding at least two others before he was shot to death by police, authorities said.

Members of the heavy metal band Damageplan had just begun their first song at the Alrosa Villa when the man opened fire on the band, initially shooting the guitarist, who went by the name "Dimebag Darrel," a witness said. According to the band's Web site, the guitarist and another member are formerly of the heavy metal band Pantera.

The witness, 22-year-old Chris Couch, said he was standing about 30 feet away from the stage when he noticed a man wearing a hooded sweatshirt and hockey jersey walk up to the stage, followed by a bouncer and another club employee.

The man in the jersey climbed onto the stage, started yelling and shot the guitarist five or six times at close range, Couch said. Couch said the gunman also shot a bouncer who pulled him off the musician.

Columbus police spokesman Sgt. Brent Mull said a police officer shot and killed the gunman. It wasn't immediately clear whether the officer was already at the show or had responded to an emergency call. Authorities didn't immediately provide the identities of the victims.

After the shooting began, Couch and a friend headed for the exit along with a tide of hundreds of fans.

"It was definitely a grudge. It was against something," Couch said.

Amanda Stankus, 19, who attended the show with Couch, said she initially thought the shooting was part of the show.

"I just saw the guitarist fall down, and we decided to get out of there," said Stankus.

Edited by Bluesman

Here's another article from MTV:

Dimebag Darrell, guitarist for Pantera and Damageplan, was one of at least four people fatally wounded during a bizarre shooting at a concert in Columbus, Ohio, on Wednesday night.

According to Columbus NBC affiliate NBC4, Dimebag — real name Darrell Abbott — was among the fatalities resulting from the incident, which occurred during a Damageplan performance at the Alrosa Villa in Columbus. Authorities did not release the names of any of the other fatalities to NBC4. Columbus police told MTV News that the gunman killed four people and wounded two before being shot and killed by a police officer.

One witness told the NBC affiliate that a man jumped onto the stage during the first song of the band's set and began firing a gun. According to the witness, the man fired several shots at the band before being tackled by club security. One of the survivors is in critical condition at a local hospital, while another is in fair condition.

"A Columbus police officer, when he arrived, engaged the shooter, and the shooter is also dead, and if the officer hadn't acted when he did and how he did, we'd probably be looking at more dead, because this guy was actively shooting," Sergeant Brent Mull, a public information officer, told MTV News.

"We have 200-plus patrons that we have sequestered inside three city buses," Sergeant Mull explained. "We are interviewing them one by one. The ones that were inside and witnessed this ran for their lives and were in fear for their lives. They are victims too, and we want to take care of them."

As news of Dimebag's bizarre and tragic demise rippled through the metal community, the news was met with shock and sadness.

"I'm speechless," former Rob Zombie/ Ozzy Osbourne bassist Rob "Blasko" Nicholson said. "This is totally unreal. Dimebag is a f---ing legend and this is total bullsh--."

"This is insane and this is beyond travesty," Killswitch Engage frontman and former Damageplan tour partner Howard Jones said. "This is beyond anything I've ever heard. This shouldn't happen in or outside of the rock and metal community. He will be missed and mourned as a person, as a musician, and as a friend."

Seriously fucked up... I just saw Damageplan not too long ago. My buddies that I work with also hung out with Dimebag outside a Disturbed concert no more than four months ago. This is absolutely horrible... I don't get how the hell someone can just walk on stage with a fucking gun and shoot a band member in the face at point blank range. I can't even get a fucking chain wallet into a concert, how the hell did this lowlife get in with a gun?

Edited by Zero