War Of The Worlds

THIR13EN²

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/waroftheworlds/

alright, I watched this trailer for the movie, and I'm already pumped. Steven Spielberg does great work on all of his projects, and I'm sure this one will be no different. I'm not to familier with what the War of the Worlds is all about, I don't know the whole background on the story...anyway, I can't wait for this movie.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/waroftheworlds/

alright, I watched this trailer for the movie, and I'm already pumped. Steven Spielberg does great work on all of his projects, and I'm sure this one will be no different. I'm not to familier with what the War of the Worlds is all about, I don't know the whole background on the story...anyway, I can't wait for this movie.

It looks real good in my opinion. I'm slightly disappointed they didn't set the movie in the '30's but seeing it in the present day will still be cool. I can't wait for this to come out, I'm defentally gonna check it out.

I wonder how Dakota Fanning and Tim Robbins think about Steven Spielberg putting himself in the credits instead of the rest of the cast? I know he's more popular, but it's still an ego thing. Anyway the trailer is really well put together, doesn't show too much but builds a sufficient mood. I'll be there when it opens; even if I hate Tom Cruise.

I think the trailer failed. It sets up the storyline, but nothing else. I'll probably end up seeing it, but only on the account that the original was such a great movie.

It only set up the storyline's skeleton because that's all it's supposed to do. It's a teaser trailer, not theatrical.

I loved the book by H.G. Wells and for the most part(this is Spielberg), I have high hopes for this movie. The Teaser itself wasn't that bad, like Jar Jar said earlier, it builds up the mood. :)

I hope this movie lasts like, 3 hours or something. I've found that movies that involve aliens last like, an hour or so. Example? Independence Day. I just felt they could have showed the alien domination more than they did.

I don't know what I'm trying to get at.

I hope this movie lasts like, 3 hours or something. I've found that movies that involve aliens last like, an hour or so. Example? Independence Day. I just felt they could have showed the alien domination more than they did.

I don't know what I'm trying to get at.

Spielberg is credited in the main part of the trailer because people go nuts when they know Spielberg and Cruise are working together. Really, does Cruise/Robbins have nearly as much impact as Cruise/Spielberg? And Dakota Fanning has never got top billing for anything... putting Cruise/Fanning in a teaser trailer for the biggest movie of 2005 would make people go, "who?"

Anyway... trailer looks fucking awesome. Setting it in the present day works because setting it in the 30s would automatically turn people off... keep in mind, Summer blockbuster we're dealing with, can't turn off the masses. It looks like it can do what Independence Day failed to do, make an entertaining and dramatic alien invasion movie set in modern times. This is my most anticipated film of 05.