Fred Durst: "I'm Not A Poser"

tristy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On a side-note, Wes Borland is back with Limpbizkit apparently, so they have like, 2 guitarist and a bassist or something. Might be backwards, whatever.

Yes.

EDIT: Oh, look, I answered Benji's question without knowing.

Edited by Tristof

I think Significant Other is an excellent CD, Chocolate Starfish has its moments too. But the last one they released (Resutls May Vary, right?) didn't imrpess me much. I'd like to put it down to the departure of Borland too, but if you look at Chocolate Starfish, you can see his was a declinging role - he palyed,what, three notes on "My Way" ? Pah.

Not to mention the horrendous job they did of covering "Behind Blue Eyes".

SOOOOO much better than the original. As was their cover of Metallica's Sanitarium.

bizkit should cover everybody's songs, the world would be a much better place.

and yes Wes is back, they're currently recording a new album coming out this year sometime.

and 3$ Bill Y'all is the first and best bizkit album to date. Go listen to it.

SOOOOO much better than the original. As was their cover of Metallica's Sanitarium.

Edited by Tristof

Im not saying all, but a decent percent just wanna screw Halle, not saying anyone here.

Apart from Benji ¬_¬.

Fixed. :D

I liked their first 3 albums.....don't kill me.

I hate to say that I did too. The only song I kinda like from them now from those albums is "Take A Look Around" and "Break Stuff".

"Take a look around" is Probably the only LB song I could still listen to and enjoy.

*edit* Just seen "Behind Blue Eyes" mentioned, yeah. Great song also but way too overplayed.

Edited by Dan

OK, there was...

$3 Bill Y'all

Significant Other

Chocolate Starfish

What else?

And just because I can: I never thought Britney Spears was hot or a good singer.  And nothing's probably going to make me think otherwise.

Old New Songs - which is a remix album

Results May Vary - last album

OK, there was...

$3 Bill Y'all

Significant Other

Chocolate Starfish

What else?

And just because I can: I never thought Britney Spears was hot or a good singer.  And nothing's probably going to make me think otherwise.

Old New Songs - which is a remix album

Results May Vary - last album

I never even heard of Results May Vary. Am I just really really out of it or does anyone care that much about LB anymore?

Best Limp song: "Rearranged", then "Rollin" version with Meth/Red/DMX

and yes Wes is back, they're currently recording a new album coming out this year sometime.

and 3$ Bill Y'all is the first and best bizkit album to date. Go listen to it.

:blink:

I don't know what to say.

I'd eclipsed my memory of Sanitarium out of my mind...I'm not a big Metallica fan by any stretch of the imagination, but to take the almost primal call of Hetfield's "Just leave me alone!" and turn it into the whiney "teen" (he wishes) angst of Fred Durst's voice almost drove me to tears. It's one of the most horrendous covers I've ever heard, and made Avril's version of Fuel on the same show sound bearable.

And to say that their version of Behind Blue Eyes is better is just laughable. Again, Durst's whiney voice takes away from the emotion of the original and contorts it into a teen angst song it never was. And Durst even had the audacity to alter some of the lyrics, again completely destroying the beauty of the original which was, in my opinion, The Who's best song. And it says "conscience" you moron, not "conscious"....I swear he sings completely the wrong word.

I'm sorry, but I see no redeeming features in this band whatsoever. I never have and I never will.

Did you write the official rule book of "redeeming features in a band"? You know, not every band has to be amazing, nor does everyone have to like a certain a band. Limp Bizkit had its share of fans, and still does, that like them for what they are. God, not everyone needs to be into power metal or super hardcore thrash metal or whatever. Maybe to you Durst is "whiney" and "poppy", but his band has sold millions of records and has created songs that are appealing and catchy to the masses. Nothing wrong with that.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

He sings the right word. I'm sure.

Yeah I was being a bit blunt in my last post since it frustrates me so much about how people whine about the band all the time. I realise a lot of people dislike limpbizkit but despite all of that they're still my favourite band.

If anyone wants to hear them. I strongly suggest the first album (3$ Bill) as Stuck, Sour and Pollution still remain today as some of their best tracks. They are more on the heavy side though, compared to more recent ones. The best tracks from the latest album in my view are Build a Bridge (used for a WWE PPV, I forget which), Underneath the gun and of course Eat You Alive.