Fred Durst: "I'm Not A Poser"

tristy

LIMP BIZKIT frontman Fred Durst has posted the following message on the band's official web site:

"Happy new beginnings to the [LIMP BIZKIT] army. A reality check for the posers is what 2005 has in store. Fuck them all.

"When I say posers, I don't exactly mean haters. We are all haters in some form and display this at some point in our lives.

"Posers, to me, are people who are doing things in their lives, specifically making music for the masses without it being honest and consisting of what they are truly about inside themselves, but more like a half-assed attempt to create a formula that displays their true colors aren't so true.

"Quality of music or the success of a band does not determine whether someone is a poser to me personally. It's when you know in your heart that someone's shit is as phony as a fucking three-dollar bill.

"Regardless of being liked or disliked, even hated, I can sleep at night knowing I've always been true to what I feel inside and have never gave a shit about what anyone thinks about it. I'm on my own path and have stayed true to my heart my whole existence. I also don't believe someone is a poser when they have an identity crisis and are only trying to find their way to get to the next level of their life.

"But this is all my perspective and I am an individual with my own views and perceptions. So don't confuse what I am saying and think my revenge has anything to do with haters and those who don't understand LIMP BIZKIT and myself.

"I told you I think it's cool to be a hater because I happen to be one myself. Clarity is on my side right now and remember, beauty is through the eye of the beholder.

"It's on.".

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like Fred, or Limpbizkit. I mean, I have some songs on WinAmp, yeah. If it comes up on my Playlist, I won't turn it, but I won't go out of my way to listen to them either.

Anyways, I find something highly funny about this article. On Blabbermouth, where I got this, some douche said something like: "fuckin' DIMEBAG got killed, but this fat cunt is still walking the earth".

Something about that statement made me laugh. Maybe it's because he's wishing death on a world-known singer, while he publically mourns the death of Dimebag, and curses Dimebag's shooter to hell.

I don't know, I found it funny.

Most of the people who hate Fred Durst are jelous 13 year old horny kids who want to fuck Britney.

Most people (that being me because only I count :shifty: ) really don't care about him, but the people who do hate him are those who rave on about being a sellout and don't actually seem to care that Limp Bizkit do make some reasonable tracks and are in denial that they did INDEED love "Rollin'" until it was overplayed.

NOTE: Before people start saying about the post above, it was sarcasm incase you didn't read it :P

im 16 nearly 17 who hates britney and I don't like Limp Bizkit, I use to untill they brang out there last album

Brang? What kind of a word is brang?

In any event, I don't like Limp Bizkit simply because I don't like Fred Durst's voice whether he's trying to rap or sing, I don't like his attitude, I don't like his lyrics, and I don't like his music. Not to mention the horrendous job they did of covering "Behind Blue Eyes".

im 16 nearly 17 who hates britney and I don't like Limp Bizkit, I use to untill they brang out there last album

In other words, you like Limp Bizkit's old stuff, not their new stuff. Unless you stop liking stuff you liked because of the new stuff, which confuses me to no end.

Edited by Dan

Brang? What kind of a word is brang?

In any event, I don't like Limp Bizkit simply because I don't like Fred Durst's voice whether he's trying to rap or sing, I don't like his attitude, I don't like his lyrics, and I don't like his music. Not to mention the horrendous job they did of covering "Behind Blue Eyes".

Edited by ~The Missionary Guy~