That One Muse Song

tristy

Yeah, so what's the Muse song where the lead singer is in a Space suit or something?

I can't believe I'm actually wanting that song. :(

EDIT: Obviously I'm talking about the music video for the song.

Edited by Tristof

Muse make awesome videos. Shame about the music, though.

And what's wrong with the music? The band must be doing something good if they are massive in both the UK and America (considering how notoriously hard it is for UK bands to break the US).

and the UK. <_<

I'm not too sure that the UK is too easy to break, as in some respects, the UK music fans are fickle. When it comes to alternative music, many bands have said that the UK fans take no crap, and will tell you if you are shit or not, but commercial bands have an easier time, as most UK music fans seem to buy anything.

People in the UK don't say those bands are crap because it doesn't have repetitive beeping and bouncing, strobe lights, and heliumized...lyrics - if you can call them that.

Either way, whenever i see the full list of the charts - which i don't anymore - i always see Muse and other 'Rock' bands around the 30-40 marks.

On a more unrelated note and a little off topic, i flicked onto Kerrang briefly and they are promoting the Brit Awards - "Best British Band - Franz Ferdinand, Muse, The Libertines, Kasabian and Snow Patrol" What the hell? No InMe :(. Kasabian or Muse better win. If not them then FF. Then Snow Patrol. Then i'd rather die than see the The Libertines win...Rant Over.

What I was saying, is that a rock band that are commercial (like Muse), will sell, just as they are "credible", irrelevant of whether they are good or not. However, alternative UK fans are very different, as they won't just cheer shit, like the US fans (apparently) do.

Muse, however, has managed to break both scenes, so all I was saying is I was more impressed about breaking the US, because Muse are a commercial rock band, and may have just been swallowed up by the amount of identical generic rock bands in the US.

Also, INME aren't there because they haven't done much this year, and are shit.......Nirvana-lite to the max (even worse then the Vines).

Muse make awesome videos. Shame about the music, though.

And what's wrong with the music? The band must be doing something good if they are massive in both the UK and America (considering how notoriously hard it is for UK bands to break the US).

Firstly, I though Muse were bigger in the US then that, my bad.

Also, I didn't say INME sound like Nirvana, I just said that they are Nirvana-lite, in that thier basic sound is a rip off of the Nirvana sound, the dynamics are very similar, and the whole soft verse/loud chorus thing. I've got one of thier albums, and it is OK, but they are nothing special as they wear thier influences on thier sleeves too much. They need to evolve to get better.

EDIT: And before I get the "elitist" tag thrown at me like I did in another thread, I'm not saying ripping off an older bands sound straight away makes the band that does it bad (all great bands have thier influences, and they take something from them)....it's just that you have to take a bands sound, and in some way manipulate it, and make it your own. If not, it's not long before you might as well listen to the band they rip off, who are usually better.

Edited by rvdwannabe

Muse are actually pretty big in the US. "Time Is Running Out" got up to around 15 on the rock singles charts, and now "Hysteria" is up around number 7 or 8, so they are beginning to get popular. One other way I know is Walmart used to only carry one copy of ABSOLUTION at a time, but now, we have 3 or 4 at a time and we still run out, so they are getting popular.

Absolution has grown on me more and more since I got it when it came out.

The great thing about their albums is that they're all different in approach. Different sounds and ideas.

Sing For Absolution, however, is one of my least favourite on the album, although that too I quite enjoy now.

Apocalypse Please is the best track on that album. Hysteria is great too and Stockholm Syndrome is lush when the piano kicks in. So beautiful and powerful.

Guest Ringmaster

Muse were signing their cds at the local HMV, and I went to see them, no one was there, they told me that 30 people max showed up. Their concert was awesome, but again, it was no sold out and didn't have that many people. Shame about that, they're a solid group.